MindControl's 1st Grow - Hydro - Northern Willy Diesel - 2014

Re: Mindcontrol's 1st grow-hydro- "northern willy diesel" 2013

Do you know the pH of your runoff water?

I don't see any burnt tips at the ends of the leaves, which is usually the first indication of nutrient burn.

Also, you could also check the underside of the leaves with a magnifier for any bugs that might be making a new home.

runoff of water was 5.0 a tad higher 5.3
been really great about my watering making sure im not over watering or under watering. I go 2 days since I have a coco ,perlite, hydroton mix.mcan any of this have to do with my flouride water? my ph has been at 6.5 to water 6.0 sometimes. however its city water im sure tons of flouride. can't afford a water purifier how ever i do get ebt and so does my girl. so i dont have to pay for the water,all though it will be a huge haul to get it all here. I gave them reverse osmosis water 2 days ago,only cost 2.20 for 4 gallons. so the problem isn't huge...maybe it'll just pass. I did a rinse yesterday so i can give fresh bloom nutes tom. morning before light kicks off. should i be watering before they sleep or after they sleep,just curious. thanks again for everyones help, I'll be getting a borrow humidifier soon here. also ordered a metal halide "bloom" bulb going in the 3,000 kelvin range. so that will help a lot till i get my new high preasure sodium set up or if i led.
thanks again
cheers.!!
Mindcon

checked leaf tips. no bugs.

update to my problem. Today I noticed a few rust spots, two small ones with a slit...I looked under leaves for bugs with magnifying glass and no bugs. I researched the brown spots and low and behold the coco itself is the problem. I guess most coco runs into this problem as it seems to lock out the calcium and develope a deficiency. here is what i read..

"Calcium – The only real issue I’ve ever experienced in all my coco grows is calcium deficiency. This is a well documented trait of coco, it tends to absorb it and not release it in the quantity the plant needs. Many coco specific nutrients claim that their product corrects this, and I believe some do. But I can tell you not all of them do.

To correct the issue, whether using coco specific nutes or standard hydro nutes, supplemental calcium is needed. Botanicare CalMag is a very common and recommended fix. It works well but some heavy feeding plants hitting their stride, even twice the dosage may not be enough. This has happened to me on many occasions. The one thing I’ve found that works very well is adding dolomite limestone to my coco medium at the rate of 1 tbsp per gallon of medium. Hydrated lime also works very well, and needs to be applied every 4 to 5 weeks as a top dressing.

Once a calcium deficiency starts, it will continue to deteriorate even after a fix has been applied. It’s an extremely frustrating ordeal and can trick you into taking drastic actions because nothing seems to be working. If you stay calm, you’ll find that it really doesn’t affect much other than making your leaves look like crap and killing them. Buds seem to be unaffected for the most part.

cal/mag should clear this up after a few feeds.
if anyone has any other feedback i'd appreciate it. looks like im on the right track as the above article also mentions discoloration.
wish me luck!
:Namaste:

all the more reason to use rockwool. Doesn't lock nutrients out and the only thing in it is what you put in it.

all the more reason to use rockwool. Doesn't lock nutrients out and the only thing in it is what you put in it.

next round I will be doing rockwool with hydroton...
or I will be shelling out 20 bucks a bag for the treated coco which doesnt lock up calcuim like this..
bogus :nomo: imma have to research better coco coir. I really do like it ,its very light and goes the distance for watering,you really can just lift it up and tell when you need watering.
:allgood: hope to get my cal mag today to end this prob.
:peace:

update:

I woke up this morning to checked on the mother in veg closet and found her like this...
IMG_20140204_113505.jpg

View image in gallery

my girlfriend had taken a hot shower in the room next to closet where the intake is for fresh air...would that humidity have done this? none of the clones were like this or the other veg. plant.
my other thought is this is shock from repotting it,however this was 2 days ago and 1st day it was happy and no droop.
any help would be great.

here are the rest of the ladies looking great in 2nd day of bloom/flowering...
thanks again :420:
:thanks:

hey kids!!!
I'm back on the :420: journal...
day 31 in grow!
Been taking a browse around everyone's awesome journals and I realized i'm prob. updating a tad much so here is a small update and pics to come before I head to michigan for trimming of the sour diesels! :blunt: and rinsing more dumb hydroton for hours..:phew:.(booooo...)
but smoking knife hash hits...( yeaahhhhhh) :rocker:
I went to the hydro store picked up this for the coco coir problem locking out cal.
cali magic!

IMG_20140204_195922.jpg

we got rear-ended into the parking lot and although not icey we waved the guy to come pull over, annnnnnd he rives off!!!
nice....great people out there, lucky for us the bumper wasn't harmed or any dents.
dude has his karma coming!

speaking of which we headed off after that to pick up a bag of blue dreAMS. (APPARENTLY our green hook was selling us like 5 1/2 6 gram quarters !! jebus christ!)
anyways, We drove off and when we hit the highway I realized we had two bags not one! freeeebe!! wooo hooo!
the next stop was for square pots at the dollar store. I literaly love these to death, they are a buck a pop and u can drill more holes in the bottom.
check em....
last off these are the lovely's tucked in watered with some cal/mag and tucked in!! goodnight sweeeet dreams ladies!!!

View image in gallery

thanks again for dropping through the mindcontrol garden!!!
smoke good and stay hydrated!

Thanks doomsta...I'm quite fond of handsteez ,doom,hip hop and the label rhymesayers. I know a bunch of the guys on that label personally and had my own radio show a while back. the hip hop don't stop for this b-boy. smoke on bro!:tokin:

Thanks doomsta...I'm quite fond of handsteez ,doom,hip hop and the label rhymesayers. I know a bunch of the guys on that label personally and had my own radio show a while back. the hip hop don't stop for this b-boy. smoke on bro!:tokin:

Metal face doom... Yeah he's big. Special herbs and spices are dope, feeling his Victor Vaughan stuff to.
That's a massive label. Could talk about hip hop for time bruv. Hit me up on pm if you want some good hip hop chat.

Heave bro, you hung up your needles then?

Peace out Holmes

Great news everybody!
I just got my sunmaster 400 watt mh "bloom bulb" from hydroponic management solutions (online store)
My friend swear my ballast and reflector are metal halide/hps 400 watts, but I defer.
here is the sunmaster bulb:

I will be popping this in tonight when the ladies wake up. I also would like to see what the dif. is between the 3,000 kelvin bulb I just bought and the 4,000 kelvin range the other is. veg. cycle with like 6,000 would by ideal. hope to step it up the a HPS my next round. I take off to go to michigan In next few days so I did my first flush this morning. took my a nice 2 1/2 hours. I have 8 plants in 2 1/2 gallon square pots. I poured 4 gallons through each one and flushed the lil' clone and mother plant "lemon"
To update on lemon, she was in shock for 2-3 days here when the weather turned for the worst. my heat is currently off in my apt. and last few nights it dipped low again. between power outs and now this heating issue its been a hibernating winter. just found out that lake superior froze for the first time in 20 some years. I will be headed to the U.P. in Michigan in 2 days....this will be a cold drive!
:lot-o-toke:
here is lemon after some cal mag , she cheered up a bit but she is currently under 3 50 watt cfls! yea I had to place her in flower rooom for few hours but it wasn't until I put the 3rd cfl on her that things changed. stems are purple and deep burgandy red...
after the flush this morning I potted this lil' girl in veg..
her roots pushed all the way to the walls of her first home..on to new bigger surroundings. when I flushed her I noticed the top is either tilted or it somehow topped itself?!?!?! I found it like this , it sits under 2 25 watt 6500 kelvin cfls, the nodes are really tight on this one way more so than any of my first clones,they were under the MH veg. bulb.

hope to see her turning back to her colors in the next few days, It says to add cal mag every watering and feeding ..so i'll be looking out for the clear up as well as the rest of the ladies.(with the lighter blotches and marks on the leaves)
for now here is a top view of the ladies as they get ready for sleeep...zzzzzzzz

hope to bring you back some pics of the sour diesels I earn on my trip!

HELLO KIDS!!! WELCOME BACK TO THE MINDCONTROL GARDEN!!!

THIS WEEK WE UPDATE ON: :allgood::passitleft:

Condition of mother LEMON!!
-she was in shock due to cold days under 60...loss of heat in my place for two days and one day of no lights (3/4 of a day)
she looked like this:
nute burn, cal. deficiency and over watering..ooooooops!! (learning curve!! big time!!) :oops::oops::oops:

:yikes:
She has got her health back up since I came back from out of town. my girl did a great job subbing for me although we had an incident where she watered the plants and didn't see she was making trenches in the coco coir and the roots were showing when i came back. that section hogged all the water I assume.
all in all that was all that went wrong thank god because we got our electricity shut off for 12 hours,even though we had made payment. wack I tell you , wack!!
:rolleyes3:scratchinghead:

Update on my trip to Michigan ( the U.P.)
we had a great harvest! pulled in these 7 pounds of sour diesel!!!
:rocker::rocker::theband:

and this for trim:

awesomeness!!! :cheer::goodjob::tokin:

on to the ladies in flower room!!!
we had an onset of cal deficiency and was giving the leaves a powderish looking light color spotting, which I found out was due to the cooc bricks holding in all the calcium esp. early on. this has been stopped in its tracks and the girls are now looking sooooooo good and have no cosmetic blemishes!
I'm currently using cali magic (cal mag for gh)
Girls are getting 5 mls per gallon of flora nova bloom
also getting 5 mls per gallon of cali magic.
had to top some of my coco coir off in most pots as the starter cubes were showing a bit.
say hello to the very fast growing young ladies of the mindcontrol compound!
buds are forming bigger and more rapid every day. I measured tallest plant at 2 1/2 ft and smallest at one foot!!! ( she is a runt )

thanks again for strolling through the garden!!! we are now on cruise control...
scrog net going in tonight!!
enjoy the day ...smoke on!!!
:cheer::circle-of-love:

UPDATE!! HUGE UPDATE!!!!

:welcome:

Some of you following my first grow will know that the title of my grow journal is actually wrong. The genetics of my grow is Big bud x Northern lights (northern alliance..a strain from 3rd stone in mpls,mn) x New York city diesel. we had coined this "big city lights-diesel"
the willies wonder never played any role in the genetics...however
....drum roll..:tommy::theband::tommy:

say hello to one of the sexy ladies that came to me as one of two non rooted clones (one died) freshly snipped that day and delivered along with 9 of the rooted big city lights diesel..
this I believe after much research to be willy's wonder
take a looksy!
it seems to me it has a lot of tops.. and here

here is the repotting day a week back with the sign of great roots exploding!

:circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

I have come to believe that my now 35 day old clone is willy's wonder. I know this plant to look nothing like the tall diesel hybrid you see in my flower room. I have a few decisions to make from here on out. I can take clones now and push it directly into the flower room. I can veg. it for at least one more month then clone it. I would like to make a mother for this strain as I wish to preserve it for further harvests. this could be a much better plant for my medicinal needs.
here are some clones I plucked off of mother lemon a week and a half ago. they have been potted into square plastic containers for better spacing needs.

I hope to figure out soon what I will do with this willy's wonder.....

A great surprise for me and the rest of the ladies!
thanks for stopping by and following any comments concerns are critiques all appreciated!!
one love yo!
:circle-of-love::peacetwo:

Hey Mindcontrol.What's up man.I was in another journal and seen you needed some help getting your journal in you sig.
Let me try and help.Go to page 1 of your journal.At the top left corner,under Reply To Thread is your journal name.
Right click and copy it.Then go to your setting's button,under User CP.Also on top left of screen.Then scroll down to My signature and paste it in there.I been here for a while and still figuring stuff out.I hope this work's for ya.:thumb:
Congrat's on the new edition's.:bravo:

hope I got it right ! props man...cheers...late night smoke!:bravo:

thought I had it right...may be a morning task for this late nighter!!
:reading420magazine:

and no highlight

Back
Top Bottom