Nov, 19, 15 (Day 54)

Momma Anne was watered today with two gallons of RO water with 10drops of CalMag added as well as 1/8 of a tsp of blackstrap molasses. She is showing what I believe to be a slight cal deficiency (the reasons for the additives.).I'll monitor her, and see if this corrects the problem.

Im better late than never. Looks very nice.:goodjob:

Edit: something to think about next time. LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

Thanks for stopping by Rifleman. It's alright, cause let's be honest this is the most EXCITING part :yummy:

That's an interesting post, I might try snipping my next grow. I'm trying to leave this one completely alone (no pruning, or snipping of any kind.). It's hard cause I feel she is really overgrown. Definitely a lot more popcorn buds than usual on the bottom branches.

Nov, 21, 15 (Day 56)

Started brewing an ACT for Anne. Some Blackstrap Molasses, EWC, Kelp Meal. It will brew for a couple days. Anne is still throwing a tantrum ha. I'm trying to figure out what to do to make her happy. After this feeding if things don't improve I might try flushing her. Her buds however look REALLY good, so hard to be patient!

Nov, 23, 15 (Day 58)

Momma Anne was watered with one gallon of RO water, and one gallon of ACT. While watering her I took a good look at her tricomes, and I'm pleased with what I saw. Probably around 10% amber. Definitely gonna come down within the next few weeks. I also trimmed some leaves, and opened up the canopy so light is penetrating all the way to the mulch. After this watering it's gonna be plain water till harvest. I'm also considering cutting the light down the last few days before harvest.

Nov, 30, 15 (Day 65)

HARVEST! Honestly after doing some reading I probably let her go a little to far. She has A LOT of amber trics, probably 25% or better. Then with the late feeding, well this one was riddled with mistakes near the end. Try, and try again. She still looks awesome though, and since it's my stash I'll be happy.
IMAG032028.jpg
IMAG031621.jpg
IMAG031425.jpg

Dec, 19, 15

Even though things got a little muddled in the end, I figured I would do an overall summary.

From start to finish Momma Anne was pleasant and easy going. She hardly ate much, and even with LST done she handled everything with gusto. Her final height was a little over 11 inches, but she was double that in width! I made some last minute errors that probably muddled the finished product a bit, and with more experience she probably would have been top shelf smoke.

Final dry yield off Anne was 66.3g (my biggest yield from a plant in that enviornment!). Things looked pretty rough on the initial smoke test, but after some jar time she has actually smooth out pretty well. There is still a little heat at the back of the throat, but I expected that. As far as smell, and taste, at first it was like sticking pine sap right up the nose, and the taste was almost on par. She is toning down now, I can now catch a real heavy skunk funk on the back end, and the smell has taken on a sweet candy like aroma, along with the pine.

The bud structure is a fluffier flower, the buds aren't loose, but they don't have the rock solid texture ( I imagine they could make a rather comfortable pillow.). As for the high, she sneaks up on you. Drifting slowly into the head, filling it with a foggy headiness that makes the mind wander. Those Amber tricomes make their point, good for unwinding after the day, but not for the day. To much puts me right to bed ( I will certainly not let my next lady go that far.). All that said, even though she can put me to bed she is certainly not the most potent plant I've grown. With being new to this, all my grows have had problems, but I would say all my past photo strains I've grown have had stronger, longer lasting, and more enjoyable highs than Momma Anne. She was most certainly easier to grow, but for now I PERSONALLY will stick with photo strains. Before I end this I would like to say this is all just MY experience, and I am by no means working in a perfect environment, nor am I an expert in this. I'm a new grower, and I wouldn't judge this strain off my grow. I see a lot more potential in this strain if grown with a little more experience. Overall, I would give Auto Big Gun the following score.

Yield: 8/10
Bag Appeal: 5/10
Aroma: 7/10
Taste: 6/10
High: 5/10
Difficulty: beginner

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom