Monster Cropped Strawberry Banana

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 1.33.44 PM.png

Luckily, I hadn't scrapped the GH spreadsheet I put together yet. I just added a column that cut the manufacturers recommendation in half.

The totals are for 50 gallons, changing once a week, for a 14 week grow.

Column values are:

- Product name
- total amount per gallon (14 week total, in ml) as recommended by the manufacturer
- total per gallon, multiplied by 50 (total gal in system)
- half the recommended total, which is what most are dosing on average.

Basics:
- 3785ml/gal
- 946ml/qt
- 473ml/pt

For a single run, would need to buy:
- 1gal: micro, grow, bloom, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, Calimagic, FloraNectar
- 1qt: Liquid KoolBloom, ArmorSi
- 1pt: RapidStart, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen

Doesn't take into account things like being able to use a jug of Diamon Nectar or Gro for two runs, but if you buy 2 quarts, you're paying for a gallon price anyway.

Now that is their full recommended line, and obviously you can get by with just the trio and some calmag. But there is a difference between just "getting by" and providing a full meal to the girls.

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 1.33.44 PM.png

Luckily, I hadn't scrapped the GH spreadsheet I put together yet. I just added a column that cut the manufacturers recommendation in half.

The totals are for 50 gallons, changing once a week, for a 14 week grow.

Column values are:

- Product name
- total amount per gallon (14 week total, in ml) as recommended by the manufacturer
- total per gallon, multiplied by 50 (total gal in system)
- half the recommended total, which is what most are dosing on average.

Basics:
- 3785ml/gal
- 946ml/qt
- 473ml/pt

For a single run, would need to buy:
- 1gal: micro, grow, bloom, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, Calimagic, FloraNectar
- 1qt: Liquid KoolBloom, ArmorSi
- 1pt: RapidStart, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen

Doesn't take into account things like being able to use a jug of Diamon Nectar or Gro for two runs, but if you buy 2 quarts, you're paying for a gallon price anyway.

Now that is their full recommended line, and obviously you can get by with just the trio and some calmag. But there is a difference between just "getting by" and providing a full meal to the girls.
To be honest the recommendations you have in your chart are a little odd... why would you have twice as much Micro as you would Grow? The Bloom looks a little high as well. You may just want to go off the recommendations on the bottles.

Here's what I know about the GH products you brought up.

The trio is great. Rapidstart is great. Liquid KB is a great and probably the most popular PK booster out there. KB dry works great but be prepared to see major changes to your plant if you over do it. Florilicious works really well, even in hydro ( looks like duck poop) Floraclean is a waste of money, Diamond nectar is a waste of money get Fulpower from Bioag, Armor Si is a pain in the ass get Silica Blast from Botanicare.

My Micro usage for the life of the plant at 14 weeks is 3500ml IF I flushed every week, which I dont. The bottles recommend fluctuations in the prescribed amount as the plant grows, but I usually use the same amount throughout. To be honest I dont always add Micro. Does that help at all?

Oh, yeah. I thought you were talking about one of the bases. Rapidstart is probably my favorite of all the GH line, it's their most expensive additive they have I'm sure. But it absolutely worth it, and it goes a long way. I've also used Home and Gardens Root Accelerator which is almost twice as much, but I've only use it in soil ( the gold bottle, the silver is for hydro). Its really amazing. But, a $80 bottle of Rapidstart is a large bottle and will last you a very long time. If you haven't tried Rapodstart give it a try. Here's a picture of it in action

All those sexy lookin roots are making me blush :kiss:

Lookin good man!

All those sexy lookin roots are making me blush :kiss:

Lookin good man!

Aw you're too good to me! That plant was a while back. I ran 2 plants that season. This one did 10.3, the other 16.7. Thank you!

To be honest the recommendations you have in your chart are a little odd... why would you have twice as much Micro as you would Grow? The Bloom looks a little high as well. You may just want to go off the recommendations on the bottles.

Here's what I know about the GH products you brought up.

The trio is great. Rapidstart is great. Liquid KB is a great and probably the most popular PK booster out there. KB dry works great but be prepared to see major changes to your plant if you over do it. Florilicious works really well, even in hydro ( looks like duck poop) Floraclean is a waste of money, Diamond nectar is a waste of money get Fulpower from Bioag, Armor Si is a pain in the ass get Silica Blast from Botanicare.

My Micro usage for the life of the plant at 14 weeks is 3500ml IF I flushed every week, which I dont. The bottles recommend fluctuations in the prescribed amount as the plant grows, but I usually use the same amount throughout. To be honest I dont always add Micro. Does that help at all?

To make sure we're clear, I'm not using any of the above.

All I did was take GH's recirulating schedule, and sum it up.

This is what they list in their feed chart:

gh-trio-recirc-feed-schedule.png

They only go to 12 weeks, and I added 2 extra weeks to round it more to my typical schedule. (Added 1 week to the end of veg, and one week mid-bloom.)

So this isn't what I feed, or what I will feed. This is just what GH says to use. I then cut those amounts in half, as is standard practice with their feed schedules.

I took the sum of all weeks to get the total.

So you see a higher total for micro than gro because micro is used for all weeks except the last. Gro is stopped just about mid-bloom.

This isn't to trash their product, and all I was saying is the cost is a good bit higher than some other alternatives.

Here's what I'm seeing for the price on amazon:

ProductAmountPrice
Micro1 gallon
$27​
Gro1 gallon
$30​
Bloom1 gallon
$26​
RapidStart1 pint
$44​
Liquid KoolBloom1 quart
$20​
Floralicious Plus1 pint
$27​
FloraKleen1 quart
$14​
Armor Si1 quart
$15​
Diamond Nectar1 gallon
$40​
FloraBlend1 gallon
$27​
CALiMAGic1 gallon
$36​
FloraNectar1 gallon
$38​
Dry KoolBloom2.2lb
$28​
Total:
$372

There's a list of all their recommended nutes. Whether or not you need one or the other, not part of this. This is simply a list of what products they say you need, how much you need to buy for a single run with a 50gal system.

I selected the lowest possible amount, although some are the smallest quantity that is available to get the job done. (IE, not buying 4oz of dry koolbloom for $15/ea when 2lb is $28. Or getting 2 quarts of something when a gallon is the same or a hair less.)

So this isn't a knock, it was nothing more than a cost comparison. For $110 less, I can get 4 runs with Jack's (which drops significantly over 12 runs), or I can get... 16 runs with MegaCrop.

Which is all my point was, in asking if you'd thought about either of them.

GH does a fine job. Lots and lots of plants have been harvested over the past few decades that were grown with those nutes.

I just wanted to throw out a few lower cost alternatives for consideration, if you were thinking about trying something new.

Of course you have to get a few runs worth to bring the total price down, and that isn't something I looked into with the GH stuff. Well, I guess I kind of did by accident, but not to the extent I did with Jacks (I have its cost broken out through 48 grows, and it gets down to $27/grow.) I know MegaCrop from using it, and can add up the number of grams per gallon, per week, etc. I just haven't had the time (or desire, really) to add up the GH stuff in bulk.

Even so, I can't see it getting below $150/grow for a 50gal system.

So all this and that aside, back to my original question :)rofl::rofl::rofl:)

If you're looking to try a different nutrient, a couple alternatives to the mainstream collection of bottles would be MegaCrop or Jacks. They're a good bit less expensive as they are a dry nutrient, and thus no paying for water. :D

To make sure we're clear, I'm not using any of the above.

All I did was take GH's recirulating schedule, and sum it up.

This is what they list in their feed chart:

gh-trio-recirc-feed-schedule.png

They only go to 12 weeks, and I added 2 extra weeks to round it more to my typical schedule. (Added 1 week to the end of veg, and one week mid-bloom.)

So this isn't what I feed, or what I will feed. This is just what GH says to use. I then cut those amounts in half, as is standard practice with their feed schedules.

I took the sum of all weeks to get the total.

So you see a higher total for micro than gro because micro is used for all weeks except the last. Gro is stopped just about mid-bloom.

This isn't to trash their product, and all I was saying is the cost is a good bit higher than some other alternatives.

Here's what I'm seeing for the price on amazon:

ProductAmountPrice
Micro1 gallon
$27​
Gro1 gallon
$30​
Bloom1 gallon
$26​
RapidStart1 pint
$44​
Liquid KoolBloom1 quart
$20​
Floralicious Plus1 pint
$27​
FloraKleen1 quart
$14​
Armor Si1 quart
$15​
Diamond Nectar1 gallon
$40​
FloraBlend1 gallon
$27​
CALiMAGic1 gallon
$36​
FloraNectar1 gallon
$38​
Dry KoolBloom2.2lb
$28​
Total:
$372

There's a list of all their recommended nutes. Whether or not you need one or the other, not part of this. This is simply a list of what products they say you need, how much you need to buy for a single run with a 50gal system.

I selected the lowest possible amount, although some are the smallest quantity that is available to get the job done. (IE, not buying 4oz of dry koolbloom for $15/ea when 2lb is $28. Or getting 2 quarts of something when a gallon is the same or a hair less.)

So this isn't a knock, it was nothing more than a cost comparison. For $110 less, I can get 4 runs with Jack's (which drops significantly over 12 runs), or I can get... 16 runs with MegaCrop.

Which is all my point was, in asking if you'd thought about either of them.

GH does a fine job. Lots and lots of plants have been harvested over the past few decades that were grown with those nutes.

I just wanted to throw out a few lower cost alternatives for consideration, if you were thinking about trying something new.

Of course you have to get a few runs worth to bring the total price down, and that isn't something I looked into with the GH stuff. Well, I guess I kind of did by accident, but not to the extent I did with Jacks (I have its cost broken out through 48 grows, and it gets down to $27/grow.) I know MegaCrop from using it, and can add up the number of grams per gallon, per week, etc. I just haven't had the time (or desire, really) to add up the GH stuff in bulk.

Even so, I can't see it getting below $150/grow for a 50gal system.

So all this and that aside, back to my original question :)19::rofl::rofl:)

If you're looking to try a different nutrient, a couple alternatives to the mainstream collection of bottles would be MegaCrop or Jacks. They're a good bit less expensive as they are a dry nutrient, and thus no paying for water. :D
I'm really not super interested in saving money. If I changed nutrients to Grow More it would be because I like their products.

Sure, I get that.

Was just throwing out some options you may or may not have heard about. Then somehow we got off on some kind of tangent, with a few puffs in between. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sure, I get that.

Was just throwing out some options you may or may not have heard about. Then somehow we got off on some kind of tangent, with a few puffs in between. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Fuckin tangents!

There are several lines I wouldn't mind trying, but those would have to be on the smaller Lab side than the RDWC side of things.

Mainly because, like it or not, for a hobby medical grow, I'd like to keep costs in check when possible. If there were money in it... that might be different.

My big thing right now is one of my girls is.. .well... "special." She popped just a day behind her sisters, but she is 80% smaller. It's like she hopped on the bus, but it wasn't the long one. :laugh:

Not sure if I should toss her, move her, or stay the course with her. But for being 15 days old... I've seen 3-days that were bigger.

There are several lines I wouldn't mind trying, but those would have to be on the smaller Lab side than the RDWC side of things.

Mainly because, like it or not, for a hobby medical grow, I'd like to keep costs in check when possible. If there were money in it... that might be different.

My big thing right now is one of my girls is.. .well... "special." She popped just a day behind her sisters, but she is 80% smaller. It's like she hopped on the bus, but it wasn't the long one. :laugh:

Not sure if I should toss her, move her, or stay the course with her. But for being 15 days old... I've seen 3-days that were bigger.
There is no doubt that the costs of nutrients can get spendy. The Silica additive I'm using now, (Fasilitor) is a case in point at $80 per 100ml. It was strongly recommended and I'm giving it a go. The first round was very successful. I completely understand keeping costs in check, But I dont usually worry about it so much personally.

I've told this story a million times, I appologize if you've heard it....
I had a group of seedlings started and all were doing ok except for 1. I'd come in, see my lovelies doing well and have this little piece of shit staring at me with its curled up as if to physically say "fuck you!!" Well I had had it... I yanked that little bitch, pinned it to the wall with a thumb tack and told the rest "this is what happens when you dont do your job". I had a wonderful season.

I changed the story a bit from last time, but you get the gist.

Yep, I get it.

Here she is:

ea6002c8-2d6a-4408-9d20-cdd59f664a88-jpeg.2008991

Full tent shot, for perspective:

43bd7c95-8f75-458d-953c-f4a78578a8bc-jpeg.2008990

The others are day 16, she's popped a day later. She's been extremely sluggish since breaking ground. I really want the strain, but not sure it's going to pan out of this one. I could probably do a quick drop of another seed and be farther along by Monday. :laugh:

Yep, I get it.

Here she is:

ea6002c8-2d6a-4408-9d20-cdd59f664a88-jpeg.2008991

Full tent shot, for perspective:

43bd7c95-8f75-458d-953c-f4a78578a8bc-jpeg.2008990

The others are day 16, she's popped a day later. She's been extremely sluggish since breaking ground. I really want the strain, but not sure it's going to pan out of this one. I could probably do a quick drop of another seed and be farther along by Monday. :laugh:
Yeah, that sucks. Just a weak seed. It sounds silly, but starting another might actually work. If everything works as it should, it wouldn't be THAT far behind by the time you went to flower. Especially if you used a scrog. In my opinion that seedling probably wont be much of a contender, if it makes it to flower.

I don't think it will be either.

If I drop another one, I think it ends up about 4 weeks behind the others, maybe 3.

However, I do have a second Strawberry Lemonade that is ready and willing to go. I could plug her into the setup and be right there with the others.

The only thing stopping me from doing it already is really wanting that GDP. mmmm mmmm I love that stuff.

I was wrong about this plant. It was slow and never made a very good impression. I was gonna pull it but Flashmp3 bet me it would do well in flower. I took the bet and was glad I did

I was wrong about this plant. It was slow and never made a very good impression. I was gonna pull it but Flashmp3 bet me it would do well in flower. I took the bet and was glad I did

That ain't no lie there.

Not sure if mine is beyond slow, like licking the window slow, or what. The others are hitting the water though, and about to blow her lid off. Hence the need to shit or get off the pot.

That ain't no lie there.

Not sure if mine is beyond slow, like licking the window slow, or what. The others are hitting the water though, and about to blow her lid off. Hence the need to shit or get off the pot.
Lead, follow, or lick the window

Back
Top Bottom