Monster Cropped Strawberry Banana

Another addition to the super hero family...

Slow Moe:
He simply has the best bud. Thats his super power. His bud is so good it will give the bad guys terminal munchies. He once dressed up as a girl scout selling cookies to infiltrate the bad guys lair. By the time he was half way through a joint 4 baddies were dead. Dark Domina, Rebong, Finger Hash and the rest were absent due to Christmas vacation. When the smoke cleared he had eaten all the cookies and got "high" score on the big screen.

AND.
Fruity Pebbles... not really a super hero she's more of a mascot. When the chips are down and the team is tattered, she's the one they look to for a killer bowl of cereal and a light... not necessarily in that order.

She has a brother named Bam Bam, but he's kind of a dick with his cereal

So I flipped last night. The plants seemed to enjoy that. I thinned out both plants a bit more. I took some of the weaker branches closer to the mainstem on the hydro plant. Its officially 3 feet across.

The closet plant is growing slowly. It has/had a lockout issue so I fed it fulvic acid and gave it some Thrive Alive to hopefully pull the right trigger if it's a micro thing. Id like to start seriously feeding this thing sometime soon. I have been cleaning the branches of the myriad shoots and leaves over time. I'm going to cater to the strongest tops and hopefully do away with the rest. There are tons of mini tops inside the bunches of leaves. I dont want to cull them all but I feel if I dont get after it, the stuff I'm promoting wont do as well. I honestly dont have very high Hope's for these two, but I'll do what i can

Hope all is well on your end

I had an issue with one of my timers so while I was fixing that I went ahead and changed our the MH lamp for the HPS.
God I hate HPS.

The soil plants got fed today. A little micro, and veg, with a full shot of bloom as I believe these 2 have Phosphorous/Potash issues. For giggles they got a tiny bit of House and Garden Root Excellurator and some Floralicious. I'm not sure if I told you but the Ph with the soil is above 7. I have been giving water ph in the low 5s to help the plant's bioavailability to their nutes. Really looking forward to seeing how they stretch, should be interesting

Of course my good man!

‘It’s all water under the fridge.....’

Stole that one too haha
Another one I had never heard before. I need to get out more.

Are you growing anything right now?

Don’t gotta go far ;)

Just chopped my early miss two days ago, 9oz wet
First harvest, Went well

Workin on bringing back my white widow, abused the poor girl every which way but still going strong , in flower due around feb

And got a little stunted candy cane going and a decent lambs breath
Both little autos,
Slightly neglected since I had a kid and all , but they’ll b a small harvest ,

The learning curve is incredible

Attachments

• 1993593D-B416-4D41-BB69-BB859BA0A6FF.jpeg
    1993593D-B416-4D41-BB69-BB859BA0A6FF.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 31
  • 2200D082-2A3F-4C06-AEDD-EECD78EDF882.jpeg
    2200D082-2A3F-4C06-AEDD-EECD78EDF882.jpeg
    969.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 10FCC9BF-9E16-4575-BC3C-861EE37EC135.jpeg
    10FCC9BF-9E16-4575-BC3C-861EE37EC135.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 36
  • 46DF4170-4E2B-44D3-8615-497403C29C3A.jpeg
    46DF4170-4E2B-44D3-8615-497403C29C3A.jpeg
    992.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 3FD42AF6-699D-4894-8687-D5D501C848F4.jpeg
    3FD42AF6-699D-4894-8687-D5D501C848F4.jpeg
    851.8 KB · Views: 23
Don’t gotta go far ;)

Just chopped my early miss two days ago, 9oz wet
First harvest, Went well

Workin on bringing back my white widow, abused the poor girl every which way but still going strong , in flower due around feb

And got a little stunted candy cane going and a decent lambs breath
Both little autos,
Slightly neglected since I had a kid and all , but they’ll b a small harvest ,

The learning curve is incredible
Looks good! Never stop learning.

I've been thinking about changing nutrients. I've always used the Flora trio, but I think I want to try a series from Grow More. This is typical... I come up with an idea then talk myself into it.

Looks good! Never stop learning.

I've been thinking about changing nutrients. I've always used the Flora trio, but I think I want to try a series from Grow More. This is typical... I come up with an idea then talk myself into it.

Have you considered Jack's or MegaCrop?

They're both a dry nutrient, and cost a whole lot less since there's no water involved. :)

How's this for "fun"...

If I were to run the recommended program from GH for the "Trio", it would cost me about $580/grow. Take out the root thingy and it's $500, as that quart alone is $80. Just the 3-part base is $180ish.

Jacks would be about $65/grow.

MegaCrop is about $20/grow.

^^ For a 50gal hydro system, changing water once a week. (Prices do not include additives like Z7, hydroguard, pH down, etc that are the same regardless of base nutrients.)

I can tell you I've ran away from even thinking about the first. I already have MegaCrop for my promix stuff, and I've continued using that so far. I have a 22lb bag of it (was just under $80 shipped) that should last me just over 4 grows. I like it so far, and it's growing great plants. There are a couple caveats with it in hydro, but it's still working well.

I've been tempted by Jack's, and I can get it down to about $30/grow, but have to really get onto it for the long haul and a dozen grows or better. The first 4 grows would be $260 total, but after that initial nut it's only restocking a bag of this or that every 4 grows.

I haven't worked out what the GH Trio would be if I were buying the 6gal containers, but I'm going to venture out on a limb and say even then, the Trio isn't going to be under $300 a grow.

Have you considered Jack's or MegaCrop?

They're both a dry nutrient, and cost a whole lot less since there's no water involved. :)

How's this for "fun"...

If I were to run the recommended program from GH for the "Trio", it would cost me about $580/grow. Take out the root thingy and it's $500, as that quart alone is $80. Just the 3-part base is $180ish.

Jacks would be about $65/grow.

MegaCrop is about $20/grow.

^^ For a 50gal hydro system, changing water once a week. (Prices do not include additives like Z7, hydroguard, pH down, etc that are the same regardless of base nutrients.)

I can tell you I've ran away from even thinking about the first. I already have MegaCrop for my promix stuff, and I've continued using that so far. I have a 22lb bag of it (was just under $80 shipped) that should last me just over 4 grows. I like it so far, and it's growing great plants. There are a couple caveats with it in hydro, but it's still working well.

I've been tempted by Jack's, and I can get it down to about $30/grow, but have to really get onto it for the long haul and a dozen grows or better. The first 4 grows would be $260 total, but after that initial nut it's only restocking a bag of this or that every 4 grows.

I haven't worked out what the GH Trio would be if I were buying the 6gal containers, but I'm going to venture out on a limb and say even then, the Trio isn't going to be under $300 a grow.
Why is it so much? I have a 50 gallon rig and can get appx. 2 seasons from 1 gallon bottles... They are all less than $20 per. I'm not sure which nutrient is ithe root thingy.

I usually run a single soil plant with my hydro in a seperate space for giggles, but it doesnt usually eat much.

That's a good question.

Although, now that you've mentioned it... I may have been off on my math. Why? I don't think I cut their feed strength in half. If so, would explain it. I'd better go back and double check my work.

That's a good question.

Although, now that you've mentioned it... I may have been off on my math. Why? I don't think I cut their feed strength in half. If so, would explain it. I'd better go back and double check my work.
So now you have me all interested... what's a root thingy? Haha

RapidStart is the root stuff. Amazon had it for $80/quart when I looked.

Looking at my math, I did not account for their chart and do the normal "cut the dose in half" part. (See, MegaCrop has me spoiled with their true amount feeding schedule. :laugh:)

I'll re-run the numbers right quick and see. Hopefully I still have the spreadsheet I put it all in. If not, well... I'll wing it (or half-wing it, as the case should be. :rofl:)

RapidStart is the root stuff. Amazon had it for $80/quart when I looked.

Looking at my math, I did not account for their chart and do the normal "cut the dose in half" part. (See, MegaCrop has me spoiled with their true amount feeding schedule. :laugh:)

I'll re-run the numbers right quick and see. Hopefully I still have the spreadsheet I put it all in. If not, well... I'll wing it (or half-wing it, as the case should be. :rofl:)
Oh, yeah. I thought you were talking about one of the bases. Rapidstart is probably my favorite of all the GH line, it's their most expensive additive they have I'm sure. But it absolutely worth it, and it goes a long way. I've also used Home and Gardens Root Accelerator which is almost twice as much, but I've only use it in soil ( the gold bottle, the silver is for hydro). Its really amazing. But, a $80 bottle of Rapidstart is a large bottle and will last you a very long time. If you haven't tried Rapodstart give it a try. Here's a picture of it in action

Back
Top Bottom