Moony's Moon Shot! Journal Sponsored By Herbies Seeds!

Update time!!

The girls just look amazing. The training is great the topping is great the colour is great everything is fecking great!! Hehe

IMG_20211122_171315.jpg

IMG_20211122_171320.jpg

IMG_20211122_171345.jpg

IMG_20211122_171336.jpg

The bends did thicken and toughen the stems so did their job. I think I'll stick to soft ties and garden wire in the future and only use bends on the girls in early weeks.

IMG_20211122_171542.jpg

The current pots are 3 litre. The new ones are 30 litre cloth pots hehe. I'm going big this run. Will be almost filling them and the girls will be growing huge.

IMG_20211122_171738.jpg

@InTheShed I thought you'd like these baby's hehe 9 X 30 litre hehe. I plan on using 25 litre ISH in each pot. I've got 200 litres of medium and about 10 left over so I'll do the best I can. I was planning on doing 20L but the shop only had 30 and thew me the pots and an extra bag of medium for free hehe. Gotta buy new trays so they get their money back one way or the other... Lol.

IMG_20211122_173510.jpg

This is the medium. 70/30 Coco/perlite. But also with charge. As discussed and shown the charge really does seem to make the roots go crazy haha.

The girls are really just going from strength to strength. I'm just going to be feeding and repotting in the next week. Nothing crazy. I want to get the girls settled in their new home and do some crazy growing. Then I'll be starting training in the next few week. I may top the ones which haven't already been topped a 2nd time. 4 tops is usually the max I go for. I won't struggle to fill the space anyway. But I'm planning on a strong lollipopping as Im only looking for the best buds in this grow :)

You promised us pics of how the Bends device worked I am interested in seeing what the ladies look like after being bent by Bends and if you got any of the little harm it caused would be welcomed also......Happy Growing bud
Hehe patience young Padawan put a pic in the above lot hehe.

They all looking alot better now mate
Cheers buddy :).
I think I've got the feed spot on for them now. Just want to give them time to grow. I'll repot Friday and then move them into 2 tents, probably 2 week from now. Should fill the spaces really well. Doing 4x dos-si-dos in 1 tent. Then 3 grandmommy purple and 2 mimosa in the other :)

Use the same coco myself.
And nice going dude looking good. ;)
Cheers skunk!
It's my first time using this Coco but I'll definitely be using it as a permanent fixture for all future grows. It's only £12 a 50L bag. Awesome price and makes the Canna range look like shit in comparison hahah

Never had any issues with it.
Yor ladies will love it
I use the 60/40 Gold label to , the 40% is clay pebbles.
That and canna are kinda the range with have in the uk in most conner grow stores.

Never had any issues with it.
Yor ladies will love it
I use the 60/40 Gold label to , the 40% is clay pebbles.
That and canna are kinda the range with have in the uk in most conner grow stores.

Yeah I know the gold label too looks like decent stuff. I like the Coco/perlite lite mix as you don't need the clay balls, oh and the charge stuff. You can smell it when you open the bag and I've never had roots grow so quick hehe. The clay balls are annoying anyway and i always end up standing on them and cursing ever having brought into the flat hahah.

Hey all time for an update :)

I repotted the ladies but ran out of medium haha. Will be picking up 2 more bags tomorrow to repot the last 3 dos-si-dos.

Currently at just over 5 week since they where above the medium.

IMG_20211129_125928.jpg

IMG_20211129_125931.jpg

IMG_20211129_125939.jpg

They are a bit droopy. Gave them a big feed/water yesterday going to let them dry out a bit now just wanted to give the roots something to stretch for :).

IMG_20211129_125951.jpg

IMG_20211129_125955.jpg

All colour problems seem to have disappeared now which is great, it's a bit unfortunate that I ran out of medium but they will only be 2 days later being repotted.

IMG_20211129_130001.jpg

I'm now running the mars hydro TSL2000 (I've put the drivers outside the tent to help temps) and a HPS.

Will be repotting the other 3 tomorrow and then will be splitting them into 2 tents in 9 days on payday lol.

Im planning on at least another 4 week of veg from now so hopefully the girls grow nice and big :).

I've done a bit of skirt maintenance and removed the bottom 2 nodes off each plant and a tiny bit of pruning. I've also suppercropped (snap and bend) and topped all the ladies at least twice now. And I'm happy with how Bushy and even they are growing already. I just wish they weren't so droopy hehe a nice wait between watering will help I hope.

Thank you everyone for coming along with me on this grow. I'm putting alot of myself Into this one and I'm really hoping I can do well and get a good final result. I've done alot of planning but it's really you guys and gals who have helped me the most and given me the confidence to try and do this technically a bit difficult 3 strain run.
Hope everyone is well!
We had some crazy snow here recently!

Hey all time for an update :)

I repotted the ladies but ran out of medium haha. Will be picking up 2 more bags tomorrow to repot the last 3 dos-si-dos.

Currently at just over 5 week since they where above the medium.

IMG_20211129_125928.jpg

IMG_20211129_125931.jpg

IMG_20211129_125939.jpg

They are a bit droopy. Gave them a big feed/water yesterday going to let them dry out a bit now just wanted to give the roots something to stretch for :).

IMG_20211129_125951.jpg

IMG_20211129_125955.jpg

All colour problems seem to have disappeared now which is great, it's a bit unfortunate that I ran out of medium but they will only be 2 days later being repotted.

IMG_20211129_130001.jpg

I'm now running the mars hydro TSL2000 (I've put the drivers outside the tent to help temps) and a HPS.

Will be repotting the other 3 tomorrow and then will be splitting them into 2 tents in 9 days on payday lol.

Im planning on at least another 4 week of veg from now so hopefully the girls grow nice and big :).

I've done a bit of skirt maintenance and removed the bottom 2 nodes off each plant and a tiny bit of pruning. I've also suppercropped (snap and bend) and topped all the ladies at least twice now. And I'm happy with how Bushy and even they are growing already. I just wish they weren't so droopy hehe a nice wait between watering will help I hope.

Thank you everyone for coming along with me on this grow. I'm putting alot of myself Into this one and I'm really hoping I can do well and get a good final result. I've done alot of planning but it's really you guys and gals who have helped me the most and given me the confidence to try and do this technically a bit difficult 3 strain run.
Hope everyone is well!
We had some crazy snow here recently!
Looking good Moon! Yeah, I'm with you. If it were me, I would let those pots dry completely out before watering again. Like, all the way dry. They'll start to pray like you want. Your colors are improving too. Nice bushy plants! They're gonna get big man. Sweet. Nice job on the up potting too. The three days is nothing, no biggie. Do you use a mycorrhizae product in the holes when you transplant, like Great White or something like that? It might help your root development if you don't. Maybe a payday thing? Lol. Good job man. Keep it up.

Looking good Moon! Yeah, I'm with you. If it were me, I would let those pots dry completely out before watering again. Like, all the way dry. They'll start to pray like you want. Your colors are improving too. Nice bushy plants! They're gonna get big man. Sweet. Nice job on the up potting too. The three days is nothing, no biggie. Do you use a mycorrhizae product in the holes when you transplant, like Great White or something like that? It might help your root development if you don't. Maybe a payday thing? Lol. Good job man. Keep it up.
Hey Jon. Thanks man!

Yeah I'm completely with you with the dry out. I gave them about 3 litres but they are 30 litre pots lol. Just need to give the roots time to grow now. They should be good for at least 4 more days.

I liberally use white shark. I fill the pot to where I'm going to place the plant. Then I'll put a good tea spoon in the pot directly onto the medium. I then hold the plant and use another tea spoon to cover the whole root block, all sides and base. I do this for all the ladies. I also cut the roots a couple of times as they where a little bound to encourage them to grow.

Once I've repotted the last 3 and I know how much white shark I've got left I'll top dress all the pots as much as I can with what's left over. As they are in their final pots now.

I'll have used a full tub of white shark on this crop but I've found it a use more get more kind of product :).

I've been getting PH at 5.2 which is maybe a touch lower than I'd like. (It's within the suggested boundaries but literally at the lowest point suggested by Canna) so when I go to grow shop tomorrow I'll be grabbing some PH up so I can get closer to 5.8. there's no sign of any PH damage but better safe than sorry. I don't really know what's happened. I think my tap water has somehow got lower PH I think it's due to the weather.

Hey Jon. Thanks man!

Yeah I'm completely with you with the dry out. I gave them about 3 litres but they are 30 litre pots lol. Just need to give the roots time to grow now. They should be good for at least 4 more days.

I liberally use white shark. I fill the pot to where I'm going to place the plant. Then I'll put a good tea spoon in the pot directly onto the medium. I then hold the plant and use another tea spoon to cover the whole root block, all sides and base. I do this for all the ladies. I also cut the roots a couple of times as they where a little bound to encourage them to grow.

Once I've repotted the last 3 and I know how much white shark I've got left I'll top dress all the pots as much as I can with what's left over. As they are in their final pots now.

I'll have used a full tub of white shark on this crop but I've found it a use more get more kind of product :).

I've been getting PH at 5.2 which is maybe a touch lower than I'd like. (It's within the suggested boundaries but literally at the lowest point suggested by Canna) so when I go to grow shop tomorrow I'll be grabbing some PH up so I can get closer to 5.8. there's no sign of any PH damage but better safe than sorry. I don't really know what's happened. I think my tap water has somehow got lower PH I think it's due to the weather.
I thought you were in soil. Are you in coco? Those Ph numbers are WAY too low for soil. Soil is 6.3. Every time without exception. Coco is 5.8. Every time without exception. Those are where you should be on ph depending on your medium.

Hey Jon. Thanks man!

Moony - you can use Rhizotonic as a pH up, also boosts the roots

Hey Moony - just found your journo from a link on another post - good work mate!
I'm still using coco in small pots but you've got me wondering why :hmmmm:
Looking very nice in there
Thanks buddy! I definitely like the 3 pot system I've used this time. These are the biggest pots I've used before. Should fit 5 in my 120 X 120 X 200cm and 4 in the other same size tent quite well. I'm planning on using scrog netting to space them all out and get a solid canopy :)
I thought you were in soil. Are you in coco? Those Ph numbers are WAY too low for soil. Soil is 6.3. Every time without exception. Coco is 5.8. Every time without exception. Those are where you should be on ph depending on your medium.
I'm using Coco/perlite. The Canna Coco A and B says 5.2-6.2 but I do agree I want to be in the high 5's rather than the low 5's I'm currently getting.
Honestly grow I've been looking at the Canna rhizo. It's quite expensive at £13 for 250ml. Does it definitely raise PH and by how much roughly? I'm so limited on funds ATM I mean really struggling. So I can't afford to buy this and the PH. If it's definitely going to raise my PH by a little I'll grab it. And I've already got PH down incase I need it. I just don't have any way to raise my PH.

Ignore that first message questioning you haha. Literally a very quick Google shows rhizo increases PH and it's quite alkaline. Perfect. I'll grab some tomorrow. Ugh feels like everytime I tick something off my list I have to add something else to it haha

Thanks buddy! I definitely like the 3 pot system I've used this time. These are the biggest pots I've used before. Should fit 5 in my 120 X 120 X 200cm and 4 in the other same size tent quite well. I'm planning on using scrog netting to space them all out and get a solid canopy :)

I'm using Coco/perlite. The Canna Coco A and B says 5.2-6.2 but I do agree I want to be in the high 5's rather than the low 5's I'm currently getting.

Honestly grow I've been looking at the Canna rhizo. It's quite expensive at £13 for 250ml. Does it definitely raise PH and by how much roughly? I'm so limited on funds ATM I mean really struggling. So I can't afford to buy this and the PH. If it's definitely going to raise my PH by a little I'll grab it. And I've already got PH down incase I need it. I just don't have any way to raise my PH.
Yes it definitely raises pH - mostly KO2 I think and it definitely makes the roots go wild
And yes, it's a little expensive but you're only using 1-2ml/L or so a time which will raise pH by about 1.0 depending on your mix/nutes/base etc

Yes it definitely raises pH - mostly KO2 I think and it definitely makes the roots go wild
And yes, it's a little expensive but you're only using 1-2ml/L or so a time which will raise pH by about 1.0 depending on your mix/nutes/base etc
Perfect thank you. If it goes above 6 it's great as I can add some Calmag pro or ionoc which lowers it a little anyway and the girls seem to love.

Back
Top Bottom