More food for ladies

jaybirde456

420 Member
I use FF for nutes, I was on the posted feeding schedule but plants dont seem to be fattening up as much I would of hoped or as much as the others at a different site.I was going to " bump" up from 2 tsp of BB to 1 tbs , and from 1 tbs to 1 tbs & 1 tsp of tiger bloom is this adviceble?
I am in my 2nd year so I am VERY new to the "learning curve" so any help on this would be appreciated If needed I can post pics of the different sites if that helps to help answer my concerns

thanks ,J

would need more info on the grow over all.

have a hunch, but it would be irresponsible to reply without more info.

would need more info on the grow over all.

have a hunch, but it would be irresponsible to reply without more info.

It amazes me how many people (attempt to) grow without basic equipment.
Lights. We read up on em and make the best selection possible.
Medium. Same thing ... research, ask who likes what ...

Feed? Not so much. A teaspoon or two teaspoons? In what? A liter? A gallon?
I feed out of a 65 gallon container. Do I add an extra teaspoon?

No. I don't guess. I have a PPM meter (it costs a whopping $20) and it tells me exactly the amount of ferts in the water. Exactly.
Could I do what I do without a PPM meter? Nope. Not any more than I could do it without a thermostat on the a/c unit. (That thermostat costs more than the PPM meter).

After the PPM meter, we'll talk about a major outlay of capital ... a Ph meter.
The two most important and least used and understood pieces of equipment. PPM and Ph meters.

My plants never grow as much as I want so forget that shit. I want jill and the beanstalk 300 foot redbud weed trees that have to be cut with a 2 man chainsaw. No they won’t measure up to other plants you see cuz you are new, so forget that shit too.

Grow your plants to the best of your ability. Plants grow slowly and even slower in flower so patience is required - use that time to study up here.

Ok so you got FF nutes but that still don’t tell us dick, what are you pouring those nutes into? Soil, coco, hydro, hempy, dwc and so on. What kind of plants are they?? autos or photoperiod? What strain? How many weeks old are the plants? Some natural light pics of what you’ve got would help.

We don’t need pics from other sites. We’ve got plenty of our own pics right here and you probably don’t want to link those anyway due to violating the terms of service.

All right man - peace out!

I need to get more info so I can get sound advice I just didnt know where to start,
thanks

no worries. we all start somewhere

go through the link i popped above and give us a bit more info if you can. go by the intro thread here and drop a hello if you haven't already.. :)

Hi @jaybirde456 and welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

I would never advise someone to not follow the feeding instructions for their nutes, and I would especially advise against just willy nilly doubling the dosage. You will surely burn up your plants doing this.

Most new growers are disappointed with the size of the buds, even as far as week 6 of bloom... but it is in those last two weeks where a lot of the major magic happens, and the buds can double or even triple in size and weight. Be patient my friend, and accept whatever your size containers and strength of lights can push your buds to. If it were just a matter of throwing more nutes at them, wouldn't we all be doing that, every day?

Hi @jaybirde456 and welcome to the Forum! :welcome:

I would never advise someone to not follow the feeding instructions for their nutes, and I would especially advise against just willy nilly doubling the dosage. You will surely burn up your plants doing this.

Most new growers are disappointed with the size of the buds, even as far as week 6 of bloom... but it is in those last two weeks where a lot of the major magic happens, and the buds can double or even triple in size and weight. Be patient my friend, and accept whatever your size containers and strength of lights can push your buds to. If it were just a matter of throwing more nutes at them, wouldn't we all be doing that, every day?

concerned about both the feed sched and amounts em. have a hunch there's other stuff going too.

Jay,

The place to start is right here. See Bluters first response.

Whatever advice is given here - it needs to match the grow methods that you are using. If you will answer the questions and maybe get a photo posted then someone can help.

Is this a soil grow, is it in coco or hydro? All of these grow formats are treated differently.

Are you adjusting the ph value of your water?

We need more info to be able to help you.

I see all the things I left out to get sound advice I am using the posted ff feeding scehdule the grow is in soil out doors but I will go on the first reply & get the answers to all the variables that are needed for you experienced to help me with advice .. I greatly appeciate all the replies that were given just goes to show how new I am to all this and I do greatly appreciate the advice
thanks J

I see all the things I left out to get sound advice I am using the posted ff feeding scehdule the grow is in soil out doors but I will go on the first reply & get the answers to all the variables that are needed for you experienced to help me with advice .. I greatly appeciate all the replies that were given just goes to show how new I am to all this and I do greatly appreciate the advice
thanks J
Best thing is to do exactly what you been doing.
Put a seed in medium.
Read. Ask questions. Read.
Listen to your plants.
Research and listen and read some more.

I've hurt and killed more plants than you can imagine.
And I've learned from their sacrifice.

"There's no success like failure; and failure is no success at all."

thanks for the i\kind words i am eager to learn but need to ask the right question & provide the right info if I want help whitch is what this community provides me with I thank you all for the strait answers

thx J

Glad you jumped back in, thought we had lost ya there! :cool: Lesson 1 is any soil is improved by properly aged mulch and added aeration like perlite or rice hulls. The FF nute line was created to work in tandem with FF soils but they work well on other soils too. Stuff like flushing in the FF schedule is not a real possibility on an outdoors grow. Yes you can do that but its way diff than in a container where the silt and nutrients literally wash out of the bucket. Anyway we will try to help as best we can. Also consider several opinions since it’s easy for me to overlook something or see things a different way. Bluter and Emilya are good enough to grow plants in mortar mix so track those two ok - yeah??

Back
Top Bottom