Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

Photo dump

I'm harvesting the aforementioned plants, along with a Bubba Hash that is showing amber. Thank you @weenmeoff! This Gogi Pupil is from an antique mall with lots of old leather. It's a beautiful smelling plant. And I managed to get the Lambnesia to harvest! She started to show amber a couple of days ago, so she's finishing up, even though there are new foxtails shooting up.

The Bubba Hash didn't turn colors this time. Since I installed the dehumidifier and have just been running my mini split on auto, my temps have been 75 with lights off, so not the array of colors in used to. She still smells the same though. Sweet, gassy, pine, with some organic funk underneath.

The last Ultra Dawg is coming along. She'll be getting her first cats this week.

Zamal Bliss. This is my last run of this cut. I think I'm going to miss it. Astringent lime to green apple jolly rancher. A jar of this one is getting set aside for some cure time.
And now for the PK13s. Thanks to all three plants being ready to harvest tomorrow, I have room to move all of these into flower at once. I put the male in as well. I'm having trouble getting cuts to root again, so I've decided to pollinate a lower branch on each plant. This way I'll have seeds from all 3 plants once I get to test #3 & #4. I decided today I'm going to try and dust another lower with this Huckleberry male I have. Hopefully the pollen keeps for a couple of weeks. I'll be getting rid of him by next weekend, as I need to clean my space and get it ready for the PK13 male.

And with that, I'm out.

Peace

Very nice! Love it when timing allows a lot to get done without too much hassle. Interested to hear what your bubba hash smells (and tastes like later) like. Mine are entering week 5 and smelling like fruity candies with a little twang on the back end. I have one that looks like yours and another that is a little lanky, but will yield huge as every nug is bigger than a golf ball and damn near as hard.

You're welcome! Did I give you the Goji seed too or just Lambnesia? Either way, I'm glad you got 2 very fine looking plants that smell like a distant place!:rofl:

Everything Looks great! :yummy: :high-five:
Yes, both of them came from you. I think I have one more Gogi Pupil seed left. This one is going to go for a while. Nice hearty plant and the smell is phenomenal. Hopefully the buzz is as good as I've heard. I need a good mind melt/couch lock strain.
What Ween said. Every thing looks great.
Zamal bliss looks pretty dangerous.
It's an excellent one. Limey with a dankness underneath. It can really launch you out there when overindulged in. o_O

Very nice! Love it when timing allows a lot to get done without too much hassle. Interested to hear what your bubba hash smells (and tastes like later) like. Mine are entering week 5 and smelling like fruity candies with a little twang on the back end. I have one that looks like yours and another that is a little lanky, but will yield huge as every nug is bigger than a golf ball and damn near as hard.
This is about as heavy of harvest as I care to do. Ideally, I try to have a plant to harvest a week. I was just moving these branches to my drying boxes a few minutes ago and realized I've got some seriously chunky bugs. These would be the first plants that have spent the majority of their time in flower since I got the dehumidifier. Nighttimes are only in the low 70s, instead of low 60s to sometimes hitting the high 50s.

My Bubba Hash is Neiko's cut if you've had that. Overpowering pine with an organic loaminess that develops as it cures. Clear headed non narcotic buzz. It's a fan favorite.

Sadly, I didn't get to try Neiko's cut. My son had some when he went up to visit my Mom some time back and said it was his favorite of the 4-5 different samples Neiko gave him while he was there. His feedback, along with the testimonials of a mob of people here is the reason I picked some beans up. Mine are in week 5 of flower right now so I haven't had the privilege to sample it yet.

It's easy to find in a 10 pack. This strain has only two genotypes, one that's Bubba leaning (Neiko cut) and a Hash Plant one. To be honest I enjoyed the latter a little bit more.

It's easy to find in a 10 pack. This strain has only two genotypes, one that's Bubba leaning (Neiko cut) and a Hash Plant one. To be honest I enjoyed the latter a little bit more.

Apparently, I have both. One is taller and more lanky. It has a little more vigor and wider node spacing, but it's also got very large buds I describe as golf ball size and nearly as hard. It's going to be a very high-yielder. The other cultivar is shorter, bushier with very tight node spacing. Both have similar aromas, but the shorter one is a little "funkier". Neither one looks like it will disappoint.

Nice. The hash plant they use looks like a nice one. Kind of wishing I had picked up the S1s when I ordered from them last time.
Apparently, I have both. One is taller and more lanky. It has a little more vigor and wider node spacing, but it's also got very large buds I describe as golf ball size and nearly as hard. It's going to be a very high-yielder. The other cultivar is shorter, bushier with very tight node spacing. Both have similar aromas, but the shorter one is a little "funkier". Neither one looks like it will disappoint.
You'll like them both. These golf ball buds are nice and dense. The trait carries over in crosses as well. I've got a Bubba x Mulanje that has the same big chunky buds.

I moved the PK13 male to the breeding room. He's getting a bit to close to exploding to leave him in with all the girls.

And while I'm on the topic of males. I have been using a lazy man's cloning method where I leave cuts in cups of water, when I trim up a plant. I got a bottle of clonex for hydro but accident, so I just put a squirt in and let them sit. Sometimes around a month or so later, a cutting will grow roots. Or white nubs. Those I find will take if you really nurse them. Keep them out of direct light and lightly water right around the stem every couple of days.

Because of this, they sometimes will start to flower.

So back to the topic of males. I've had 2 cuts of the 70s Durban I have going courtesy of @overlord sitting in a cup like this.
So, now I'm wondering what to do with it. After I cut off the two tops that were outgrowing the rest of the plant. (The ones in the cup) it's remained a very nice bushy plant. So the question is, what to pollinate. I have an extra cut of my Malawi that I can use. The rest of my plants will be staggered into flower, so I'll only be able to line it up with one or two. Of up coming plants, that includes Huckleberry, Gogi Pupil, Ultra Dawg, Lambnesia, and another one or two I can't remember at the moment.

Coming down this weekend. Ultra Dawg 7.

I've no clue as to which one to pollinate. All 4 sound like they'd be fun crosses so...Put'em on the wall and throw some darts.
I'd prefer to preserve it, being a rare strain, but with only a male that doesn't work so well. I think I'm going to take a good look today when I get in the garden and see what all the options are. I'm thinking the Gogi Pupil might be the winner.

I moved the PK13 male to the breeding room. He's getting a bit to close to exploding to leave him in with all the girls.

And while I'm on the topic of males. I have been using a lazy man's cloning method where I leave cuts in cups of water, when I trim up a plant. I got a bottle of clonex for hydro but accident, so I just put a squirt in and let them sit. Sometimes around a month or so later, a cutting will grow roots. Or white nubs. Those I find will take if you really nurse them. Keep them out of direct light and lightly water right around the stem every couple of days.

Because of this, they sometimes will start to flower.

So back to the topic of males. I've had 2 cuts of the 70s Durban I have going courtesy of @overlord sitting in a cup like this.
So, now I'm wondering what to do with it. After I cut off the two tops that were outgrowing the rest of the plant. (The ones in the cup) it's remained a very nice bushy plant. So the question is, what to pollinate. I have an extra cut of my Malawi that I can use. The rest of my plants will be staggered into flower, so I'll only be able to line it up with one or two. Of up coming plants, that includes Huckleberry, Gogi Pupil, Ultra Dawg, Lambnesia, and another one or two I can't remember at the moment.

Coming down this weekend. Ultra Dawg 7.
I wish it had been a female but a Malawi cross might be nice.
You could also save some pollen for future crosses.

I wish it had been a female but a Malawi cross might be nice.
You could also save some pollen for future crosses.
Save the pollen. Use some on the Malawi. Some kind of super sativa :)

I may try to save some again. I've not had good luck with it in the past. I do have some of the Huckleberry saved, so we'll see how that one goes.

The Malawi should be a good cross. I've crossed about a dozen plants with this cut and pretty much all of them have been excellent.
Hi Morglie, the UDog looks fantastic and tasty!
Thank you! It finished earlier than I expected. I've seen Conrad harvest his really weight before, but hadn't expected this. It's about 6-7 weeks since it showed pistols.

6-7 weeks is absolutely normal flowering time. They don’t really go more than 8 weeks indoor and they were grown by quite a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom