Morglie's Perpetual: New Space & New Strains

So, I found an added benefit of running the basil in the pot with my Malawi. I can tell when it needs a drink without letting it wilt.

I'm cutting Early Bubba Hash tomorrow morning. She's very photogenic.

:Namaste:

Going to make some hash out of that beauty? Looks sooooo tasty :drool::adore:
I love the bud. She's got the this super sweet, gassy, hash smell. The trim will go into the bucket for bubble hash, but I've got a feeling with her, there won't be much. Even the little bud nubs that regrow on the stems are swollen up. Great high CBD ratio strain. Pain relief at low to mid doses, and in high doses, it will knock you out for the count.

The outside girls are getting ready to flower.

Early Bubba Hash and Strange Brew got cut today. The strange brew was suffering. 16 weeks with two reveg issues and a mite infestation. The leaves have been fried for a while now, but she's just kept throwing new pistols. I figured it was time to bring her down. I'm not seeing any but something has nannered in my flower room. There are fresh little seeds in several plants. This girl was the most likely candidate, so down she came.

That opened up my flower room some. Malawi x PCK and an unknown volunteer went into flower. Along with 3 more veg girls moving up to 5 gallon buckets. And I trimmed up the Cannatonic I cut two weeks ago.

I'm liking this drying box I made. I've gotten 14 days hang time before they are ready to trim and jar. Way longer than the 2-4 days I was getting before. The jump in flavor is quite noticable.

Peace

Yup! Buds any minute now.

Is the PCK a plant you had grown out? Jeez how long have you been growin'? You have been playing with some wicked genetics!

Is it the pakistani chitral kush? From ACE?

Please tell me more about the drying box...

PM x UD B is a beast. Looking AAA!

Yup! Buds any minute now.

Is the PCK a plant you had grown out? Jeez how long have you been growin'? You have been playing with some wicked genetics!

Is it the pakistani chitral kush? From ACE?

Please tell me more about the drying box...

PM x UD B is a beast. Looking AAA!
I've been growing about four years now. The last three and a half of which, I've been doing it successfully. I'd gotten two autos and a couple of crappy bag seeds to harvest prior to switching to Doc's kit.

The Malawi x PCK is an Ace cross. It's the same as Violetta, but they used the old killer mother instead of the purple pheno. It's a beast of a plant. I have a feeling I'm going to have to raise the lights over it by the time everything is said and done. Oh, and the PCK that they use in all their crosses came from Cannabiogen.

The PM x UD C is actually the larger of the two. The B plant is only about 8 feet tall.... She is slightly bushier, maybe not an OG expression like I've been thinking? C is pushing 10ft. I need to snap a stem picture next weekend when I check on them. I'm thinking I'll need my 3ft clippers to cut them at harvest.
Looking great Morgile! :thumb:

I'm interested in the drying box too. I am drying my entire crop in the fridge, low and slow.

:passitleft:

I used an old box that is tall and narrow with a computer fan stuck in the end. There are 2 wires running the length to hang bud on. I adjust the flaps to direct more or less airflow through the box. I wired the fan up to a 9 volt power chord. I've been getting 14 days before I jar them and put them in the fridge for burping the final couple of rh out.

The RH is really high right now in that room though, as you'll note in the pictures, so in the winter I'll probably be down to around 7 days, but it beats the hell out of hanging them in my flower room for 2-3 days before they are dry. It's made the biggest difference in boosting terps that I've found. My purple Malawi I just dried in there has menthol in the nose on exhale that's never been there before. The only issue I've ran into is a lack of space. I had to cram to get two plants in there yesterday.

On a side note. I put plastic down in the bottom of the box as well. I wash my plants and they hang for about 10 minutes in front of a fan before I put them in, but they still are dripping a bit at that point and I don't want the bottom rotting out.

I've been growing about four years now. The last three and a half of which, I've been doing it successfully. I'd gotten two autos and a couple of crappy bag seeds to harvest prior to switching to Doc's kit.

The Malawi x PCK is an Ace cross. It's the same as Violetta, but they used the old killer mother instead of the purple pheno. It's a beast of a plant. I have a feeling I'm going to have to raise the lights over it by the time everything is said and done. Oh, and the PCK that they use in all their crosses came from Cannabiogen.

The PM x UD C is actually the larger of the two. The B plant is only about 8 feet tall.... She is slightly bushier, maybe not an OG expression like I've been thinking? C is pushing 10ft. I need to snap a stem picture next weekend when I check on them. I'm thinking I'll need my 3ft clippers to cut them at harvest.

I used an old box that is tall and narrow with a computer fan stuck in the end. There are 2 wires running the length to hang bud on. I adjust the flaps to direct more or less airflow through the box. I wired the fan up to a 9 volt power chord. I've been getting 14 days before I jar them and put them in the fridge for burping the final couple of rh out.

The RH is really high right now in that room though, as you'll note in the pictures, so in the winter I'll probably be down to around 7 days, but it beats the hell out of hanging them in my flower room for 2-3 days before they are dry. It's made the biggest difference in boosting terps that I've found. My purple Malawi I just dried in there has menthol in the nose on exhale that's never been there before. The only issue I've ran into is a lack of space. I had to cram to get two plants in there yesterday.

On a side note. I put plastic down in the bottom of the box as well. I wash my plants and they hang for about 10 minutes in front of a fan before I put them in, but they still are dripping a bit at that point and I don't want the bottom rotting out.
YES!!! Hedge trimmers!

Thats what I usually do but my gut has always said low and slow is the way to go but... space is always the issue.

Cheers Bud,

Thanks Morgile! A couple years ago I did a similar thing but in and AC box, got the idea from someone here, maybe @Mr. Krip ? Since then, I've just been using my tent (I have 2 4x4's and 1 2.5x3.5) but the harvest I took the other day, 4 plants (really 3.5 as 1/2 of 1 is in the freezer for bh) all in the fridge for LOW AND SLOW! Supposed to be least amount of terps lost. It does require a little space in the fridge though!

Thanks Morgile! A couple years ago I did a similar thing but in and AC box, got the idea from someone here, maybe @Mr. Krip ? Since then, I've just been using my tent (I have 2 4x4's and 1 2.5x3.5) but the harvest I took the other day, 4 plants (really 3.5 as 1/2 of 1 is in the freezer for bh) all in the fridge for LOW AND SLOW! Supposed to be least amount of terps lost. It does require a little space in the fridge though!

Yeah, Brother, that was me! :high-five:
Shows how long we've both been here! :laugh:

That DIY Dry Box in my sig was posted over 7 years ago!

Yeah, Brother, that was me! :high-five:
Shows how long we've both been here! :laugh:

That DIY Dry Box in my sig was posted over 7 years ago!

Oh, man! Did you by chance have a name change? I remember it being in your Sig but didn't even think to look there, ha! Nice work!

Ignore the above statement except the nice work part.

Umm, sorry Krip, I though your post was by morgile, ha! Glad I remembered that!

:passitleft:

It's all good Ween. I've done that a few times.

Glad to have you around Krip. I've seen boxes made like this when I was first researching growing. Your's may be one I came across.

I've kind of always just hung in my flower room, because that's the space I had that was filtered. I knew I was losing flavor to it, but wow! There's a serious uptick with it hanging this long. I mainly was wanting to get the temperature down, which is why I tried it. It's not much lower, but it's been in the 70s. My flower room has been 82-84 all summer. The thing that's really prolonging the hang is the ungodly humidity. I've checked every day though and never had any worries that I was going to get PM, even with the RH in the low 80s. I think I may put it in my veg room in the winter. I run a humidifier in there too keep the plants happy. And a heater. That should be across the room from it.

I was doing the slow and low, but that got to be a hassal with a bunch of jars to mess with every day. I was normally having to spread it out on the table overnight to get it to drop enough RH while it was in jars.

Now I've been having it in this box until the buds snap when I bend then back. Then it's into jars and into the fridge. Normally they are around 66-64rh at this point. Then I just burp them every couple of days.

If they go to dry, you can open them for about ten minutes at room temp, then close them back up and put back in the fridge. Several days doing this can bring it back up 4-6rh.

I keep meaning to put this here.

I was out in the garden the other day harvesting with my wife and she mentioned she wasn't sure which were the Brandywines. Oh, are they the vertical pumpkin plants over here?
Our garden has been going crazy this year. And it's all heirloom plants. I've been drying and storing seeds for next year. :slide:

Cherokee purple tomatoes taste amazing...

Morglie on your Bangi Haze how tall did it get and did you get a good yield?
I'm going to go back and read your journal.

They double during stretch. I ended up cutting one a bit early and the other didn't do as well because of a mite infestation. They seemed to like the Bangi Haze over my other plants.

The Nepalese leaning one, which is the one I got to finish had a key lime smell and is like speed. The other one is a bit more floaty sativa buzz with a floral smell.

Fairly easy plants to grow. The mites really liked them though.

Damn Morglie, I had to go back and look again, I thought those were little pumpkins....:rofl:
I have 6 plants covered in those. And that picture was from last week. They are all that big or bigger now.
Or garden has gone crazy this year. While the whole world burns, we've been having a gangbusters summer here. To bad there's nowhere for all the soy beans to go that make up half the farm crop around here.

Back
Top Bottom