Mrniceguy's 1ST Grow 10 Plant WW PPP Bubblicious Kandy Kush X Skunk

Re: MRNICEGUYS 1ST GROW 10 PLANT WW PPP Bubblicious KANDY KUSH X SKUNK GO BIG OR GO H

Thats the way I have mine set up and it seems to work pretty good. I actually Have a fresh air vent coming from the attic and one coming from the house. The attic works well in the winter, but in the summer months the air coming in is entirely to hot so I pull air from the house. The only problem I had with pulling from the house was light leaks. I solved this by cutting a hole in the door installing a 6 by 10" register box with a 6" duct hole. I then put a fram air filter on the register box. On the inside of the register box I put two layers of blue filter material and a register cover. I then caulked all the seams and joints and everywhere there was light leaking. If I could do it over I would put the hole in the wall on both sides inbetween studs one on the floor one at the celing. This would cut down on the light easier and look a little more natural than a vent on a door. I can post pics when the lights come on later tonight.

Re: MRNICEGUYS 1ST GROW 10 PLANT WW PPP Bubblicious KANDY KUSH X SKUNK GO BIG OR GO H

Thats the way I have mine set up and it seems to work pretty good. I actually Have a fresh air vent coming from the attic and one coming from the house. The attic works well in the winter, but in the summer months the air coming in is entirely to hot so I pull air from the house. The only problem I had with pulling from the house was light leaks. I solved this by cutting a hole in the door installing a 6 by 10" register box with a 6" duct hole. I then put a fram air filter on the register box. On the inside of the register box I put two layers of blue filter material and a register cover. I then caulked all the seams and joints and everywhere there was light leaking. If I could do it over I would put the hole in the wall on both sides in between studs one on the floor one at the celing. This would cut down on the light easier and look a little more natural than a vent on a door. I can post pics when the lights come on later tonight.

Well its obviously working for you so I will probably something very close to it. I am in a basement where I can regulate the heat very easily up or down if needed, and light leaks arent an issue. I am in a 74" x 74" x 74" tent and I already have a 6" Inline Fan with Charcoal Filter. Hopefully that be enough to vent it well. Thanks for your help.

A little update on day 9.
They are all lookin healthy and about the same height. 5 of them were put under the light a day sooner then the other 5. The PPP is lookin the best and the Kandy Kush x Skunk which was the smallest 3 days ago is now in second.

These are PPP

005251.JPG

004259.JPG

003265.JPG

2 PPP and 1 WW

002303.JPG

001253.JPG

Well I didnt want to bore you all anymore with the little baby pics so I was mia for a while.
I transplanted all of the little ones into 2 gal pots yesterday and I have switched to my 600w MH bulb at approx 18in. I will fertilize once they get settled in their new pots probably tomorrow or the next day. All of them are looking good. I believe they are definitely showing their traits now with the sativas taking off in height and the indicas a bit more stout. I still have no info on the Kandy Kush x Skunk strain but it definitely looks like a sativa since its so big. The kk x s were the smallest ones for the first week but they have since taken off and 1 is bigger than my power plant which is already a stinky little girl (knock on wood!) You can really smell the skunk part of the kk x s too. Well without further adoo here they are. I am aware my reflector looks off balance in the pic but it was adjusted right after taking the pic.

004262.JPG

kandy kush x skunk

003270.JPG

PPP

002306.JPG

My dysfunctional family right after watering

001260.JPG

I am going a bit off topic here but I thought I would comment on the service of HTG Supply. Dont get me wrong their products are great but its been a pain dealing with them since the beginning. I only comment on it because I see so many people on here with HTG light and other supplies.
I first bought my light and it took 18 days to arrive and only because I called 3 times trying to figure out when it would arrive.
My second order arrived in about a week before my first order arrived.
The glass for the reflector was smashed to pieces and I was told a new piece of glass would be sent. A little over 2 weeks went by and I called today asking where it was. I was told it hadnt shipped because it wasnt in stock. Which they never sent an email, called me, or anything to tell me.
But something good at least came out of it. Their way of fixing the problem is to send me a brand new reflector. And they said they would include a postage label with it so I can send the other one back. So its pretty much up to me on whether or not I should keep the old one and not send it back and have 2 giant reflectors. I have a 74"x74"x74" tent and 2 of these reflectors would nearly cover the whole space in my opinion. Im not saying I am going to keep it or not but as pissed as I am for the quality of service I am definitely considering it. So if you are going to order from them I suggest calling after a day or two to speed things up.
FUNNIEST PART IS ON THEIR SITE THEY ADVERTISE LIGHTNING FAST SHIPPING LOL.

Just cut a hole in the ductwork to pull plug thru and then duct tape.

Just cut a hole in the ductwork to pull plug thru and then duct tape.

Thanks for your reply. It looks like that is the only option. I was just unsure if that would decrease the suction unless I used a lot of tape. I have seen those reflectors that have the cord going out of the top and that is a much smarter design then going through the side.

Heres a little update on them. I gave them their first dose of 1/4 strength nutes 3 days ago. They are all looking good so far with no problems at all. Temp remains around 75-80 and my humidifier died on me but it stays at about 40%.

014129.JPG

013147.JPG

014129.JPG

013147.JPG

012144.JPG

011168.JPG

Dude your babies look very healthy. Set up looks top notch. :goodjob: +reps

Thanks, I really cant wait to give them the second dosing of nutes here in a couple days. They just took off after the last dose at 1/4 strength. Then if I'm lucky they will start fillin in as nicely as yours. :dreamy:

Those ladies will be big and bushy in no time. It all seems so slow in the begining then all of a sudden your like wow where did these bushes come from. ;)

I hitem with 1/2 strength big bloom yesterday. They are looking good but not perfect.

I finally got up and finished the ventilation, I am venting air out into my living room through a heating vent that isnt being used. I will setup the charcoal filter as soon as I notice a smell. But my house always smells like weed so its hard to notice so far.

The shorter plants in the front are bubbleiscious, then in the middle PPP, and in the back KK x S.

010189.JPG

011171.JPG

Kandy Kush x Skunk

012148.JPG

2nd biggest PPP

013151.JPG

Dude those look sweet! We are at the same stage as you are. Got my stuff from HTG and although it was fast the digital ballast went out the next day with no warning. They were pretty good about helping, but were out of stock on the same ballast I had so had to upgrade to the high-dollar one. Was supposed to be here today, but didn't show. Not surprising since the weather up North is dog shite. Enjoying you thread....and learning from all you guys. Check out my grow journal and as soon as I totally figure out the picture thing it will be more colorful.

Dude those look sweet! We are at the same stage as you are. Got my stuff from HTG and although it was fast the digital ballast went out the next day with no warning. They were pretty good about helping, but were out of stock on the same ballast I had so had to upgrade to the high-dollar one. Was supposed to be here today, but didn't show. Not surprising since the weather up North is dog shite. Enjoying you thread....and learning from all you guys. Check out my grow journal and as soon as I totally figure out the picture thing it will be more colorful.

Thanks, I hope my ballast doesnt go out because the nearest place to buy one would be 2 hours away. If you have any questions about doing the pictures let me know. I do hate the fact I have to make all my pics smaller before uploading them to the site here. But I found an easy way to do it by right clicking on the picture and clicking on open with microsoft paint. Then make it smaller there and save it. Good luck to you.

My problem has been trying to do it on a Mac. I may have to do it on a pc cause it seems to be the easier thing to do. Lucky for me when the ballast went out still had all the four foot Fls. Looking sweet though man......

Well I made my first little mistake besides a little nute burn by not transplanting the plants into the 5 gal buckets sooner. All but a few looked to definitely be root bound. They were looking a little droopy and I looked them over for deficiencies and discovered the roots sticking out the bottom. So I transplanted within an hour of that discovery. They perked right back up today and appear to be on the way to recovery. I believe I will be getting rid of one of them before flowering and just stick with 9 instead of 10. I was originally going to keep 2 mother plants but I have had to change that plan and will have to do that on the next grow. Today is DAY 27 from SEED.

001284.JPG

003287.JPG

KK x S (below)

002321.JPG

Well I made my first little mistake besides a little nute burn by not transplanting the plants into the 5 gal buckets sooner. All but a few looked to definitely be root bound. They were looking a little droopy and I looked them over for deficiencies and discovered the roots sticking out the bottom. So I transplanted within an hour of that discovery. They perked right back up today and appear to be on the way to recovery. I believe I will be getting rid of one of them before flowering and just stick with 9 instead of 10. I was originally going to keep 2 mother plants but I have had to change that plan and will have to do that on the next grow. Today is DAY 27 from SEED.

001284.JPG

003287.JPG

KK x S (below)

002321.JPG

Yooooooooooooo! Dem lil youngins look cuute :yummy::thumb:

and we have the same hood!!!! :slide: How are you liking the hood so far? I kno the glass smashed but otherwise, is the hood holdin u down?

Also how exactly did you end up arranging the filter/ducting/hood?
Your plants do look pretty healthy & lushy. I've got my eye on the KandyKushXSkunk.. PPP is good sh!t too...

this is gonna be interestin :woohoo:

oh id hate to say it but HTG has been slacking. When I first started with HTG the shipping was lighting fast. But then they started slipping up. Sending stuff late, sending me used bulbs. But the customer service has always been good to me.. I got a great deal on my 1k Lumatek system, that I couldnt pass up and it did take them almost a week later to send my system, and it did come with a used bulb. But they did send me a SUNMASTER bulb to replace the AGROSUN bulb that was used. And they lemme keep the AG bulb(but i broke it afterwards like a dumb ass:oops: The plus side to them is they have always thrown in freebies and always corrected any of the problems with any order, and when I push my luck trying to get discounts, they lemme. So idk they arent that bad.

anywho, who asked me for my opinion :rofl:

plants are lookin cute bruh, keep it up

The hood is quite large compared to the ones my friends use. I cant think of anything negative about it. It probably fits a 1k watt system better than a 600w due to the fact it spreads the light around so much. I now have a second hood and 600w light ready to go if I feel its necessary.
The KK x S were free but they are impressing me everyday. I cant find them for sale anywhere so I dont have any info on them. But They are growing tall unlike my bubbleiscious which is mainly indica so I am guessing its more sativa than it is indica.

Here is a earlier pic of the vent setup
001275.JPG

The ducting on the left goes out the top of the tent into a unused heating vent into my upstairs in the house. The 2 openings on the hood that the duct attaches to can be positioned in different ways and I have both of them pointing up. I asked in a earlier question about how to get the power cord out of the hood and someone said cut a hole in the duct. But I noticed about a week ago there was a little hole on top of the hood for the cord to go through.

I still have mixed feelings about HTG
The prices are great, the products are working great so far, and out of 4 orders I placed with them 2 shipped almost immediately.
But I had to deal with the whole broken glass thing, they sent me a new hood with glass since the glass was out of stock and I havent sent it back because a UPS Store where I have to drop it off is an hour away and I dont think I should be responsible for driving 2 hours to ship it back to them. I still dont know if I will keep it or not (KARMA) but for the trouble the put me through I doubt I would feel to broken up over it. As far as the freebies go, they gave me a free pair of pruning scissors and a lighter which I already have several of each, so no real gain for me there.

Thanks for stopping by. I was starting to think I was talking to myself.......

Back
Top Bottom