Mrrobert420's 10x10 Grow Tent - Multiple Strains - Perpetual

Before I got into Capn style, I was an avid fan of HygroHybrid on YouTube, and he is an RDWC guy with a sterile environment. Before he started running into root rot problems, he was also pulling down 1 or more pound per plant due to longer veg times and scrog under a single 600 watt hps. I am a Capn grower now, and am comfortable in this style, but I can see certain practices can be used to maximize a single plant's potential for max yields.

The Author of Heisenberg Tea actually first shared his recipe for cleaning up DWC root zones, and the rest of us just benefited from his findings and recipe, which BTW has quite a few optional components so making a tea should be achievable on almost every continent/country.

One thing I really like about Capn style is that it is similar to soil with much better drainage and aeration. Making root zone corrections is much simpler and quicker than soil, but lockouts and deficiencies are about as forgiving as in soil and takes about as long for it to really become a problem, so there is plenty of time for accurate diagnosis. I would recommend Capn style to any beginner looking to get into hydro, chop down a plentiful harvest and gain some insights about possible risks in hydro to used in other grow methods down the line.

In a nutshell, you can stay in DWC, add weekly inoculations with the tea and veg longer so your plants are already of a significant mass so after the 3 week stretch, she already has all 4 sides of your 4x4 scrog clutched firmly in her branches as she cluster f#$%s the 16 square feet in between with a jungle of long dense nuggets.

About the towel RH trick, this works better if your towel is permanently hanging into a bucket of waste water as the towel wicks the water all day and evaporates. Great way to reclaim spent nutes and get more value out of your water. If your plumbing seals leak slightly, put a shirt under the leaks so the water can be spread out more to evap and add RH.

ok ok ok....... hahahah I hear you guys - sounds like I will be doing this in the next few days lol - I just watched Greenthumbs J video on how to make that set up - WOW how easy and simple -

what a great idea on the towl in the water trick - Genius!! that would make it last all day no problem

So much fun to be had in the next few days lol

thats good to hear man.

there is plenty of diy options in building the basic setup

sweet I actually was just lookinh at DIY carbon scrubber too. Anyone have any opinions on the best way to build it?

My opinion is to buy one, but if tasked to make one (again) I am a fan of an inline version to scrub odors and baffle the sound of the fan.

skybound is right man,at a time it paid to make them,when I made mine they were 300,I got to retire early cause im cheap,it made sense,but now they can be had for 75-100

basic design/shots of mine

this thing does kick ass man,I built it over 3 years ago and it has been in service everyday since,I tear it down every 6 months and wash the carbon

filter27.JPG

it sat at the END of my run for 18 months,WORKS ON BOTH ENDS
filter115.JPG

Here it is hung between 2 hps ,sucks air through scrubber through lights to outside
DSC074487.JPG

Looking good Mr. Robert, I'll bet you didn't know that your a (WITBAG). This is going to be one of the great journals to read & learn from. It can only get better once you start the "Capn Style", by the way Mr. Robert, you are surrounded by "Capn Style" bad a$$'s that will have you pulling 20 zips from one plant. Most, if not all of the people that try "Capn Style" stay with it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

WITBAG=what it takes to be a grower, a compliment given to me by one of the great growers here on 420 (s1ingblade). :adore: :Namaste:

Once these guys convert you to all "Capn Style" and your perpetual grow is getting boring, lol. Find Toker69's journal on seed making, he mainly talks about Auto's but you can easily do this to photoperiod plants. Remember (WITBAG).

Wow that's a huge Carbon filter. That thing is sick !! So you just used wire netting to make two tube and filled Carbon in between? Thanks for conforming I should make one and not buy. I figured it would be cheaper overall and I can replace the Carbon myself. Awesome !!

Looking good Mr. Robert, I'll bet you didn't know that your a (WITBAG). This is going to be one of the great journals to read & learn from. It can only get better once you start the "Capn Style", by the way Mr. Robert, you are surrounded by "Capn Style" bad a$$'s that will have you pulling 20 zips from one plant. Most, if not all of the people that try "Capn Style" stay with it. :cheesygrinsmiley:

WITBAG=what it takes to be a grower, a compliment given to me by one of the great growers here on 420 (s1ingblade). :adore: :Namaste:

Wow 60cal thanks so much for your gracious words!! Such an honored to be recognized by such a fantastic group of growers. I hope I can make you all proud haha.

Now I'm even more excited to try this. I know people did this I guess I just never knew how many. Lol. I'm ready to join the capn style family :)

Hey, glad to hear that you wanna take a trip on the Capn's Ship. He's doing well by the way. Busy writing articles for some cool guys.

I've finally finished the new journal! Never seem to get any quicker at starting them up! Feel free to drop by! (and anyone else that feels like it!)

Capn-style is great if you want a solid return of investment on your grow set up. Its efficient, uses all the space you can, and produces bountiful harvest after harvest! No wasted veg space with mother plants either! Cause i find that it also wastes nutrients to keep a Mother alive, so why not save those nutrients for the ladies in flower! Skybound said it as good as i can. As you can see, TheCapn hasn't just converted me, TheCapn has a whole ship of Bilge Rats, and with how easy it is to maintain a Capn-Style grow, it gives me so much more time to tinker around with other things, or just hang out with my girlfriend and smoke some good bud!

hey thanks greenthumb on the update for the capn many people asking all over how he is doing lol.

Not really a fan of the show,I gave it a listen,not for me. I do read Capns work over there,Jesus man I miss that pair
oh well we are all still here,that works also.

mr robbert420,yes that the basic idea,but I would shop around first,you will have 50-75 bucks in parts here I have seen 6x18 C/F new for that kind of money,you can drill out factory rivets and clean/change carbon also
I can get a bit of a parts list,if ya would like?

Not really a fan of the show,I gave it a listen,not for me. I do read Capns work over there,Jesus man I miss that pair
oh well we are all still here,that works also.

mr robbert420,yes that the basic idea,but I would shop around first,you will have 50-75 bucks in parts here I have seen 6x18 C/F new for that kind of money,you can drill out factory rivets and clean/change carbon also
I can get a bit of a parts list,if ya would like?

I see what your saying and probly what skybound was referring too. My only question is that's a pretty short filter. Would 2 of those work as I have 2 6 inch max can fans. Didn't think one of those would do it and getting a bigger one gets so expensive. Or I could make 2 ? What size filter would you all recommend for a 10x10 in full flower that would for sure rid the smell. Maybe that will help me make a decision lol.

if you need it dead gone,then look into a uv filter also,they are not cheap about 300 bones,but they do work well,even better with a C/F

They need a certain amount of pipe footage,to be effective(like 16+ feet up)

A good 8" fan would be sufficient i think for your 10x10 tent. I'm using a 6" fan for my 8x8, and it seriously sucks some air from the tent! I bought mine locally from a place that gets them direct from China, and i have to say, its great quality! I got the carbon filter they sell as well, 6"x12" or something like that? not super big, but it scrubs the odor out like theres no tomorrow! Not none of these 20"+ long filters that weigh a ton! It was like $80 or something (Canadian dollars)

I can PM you the website if you would like.. Its actually where i got most of all my grow stuff, since its local for me. My CoolTubes an ballast combo, and all my grow tents!

They ship worldwide i'm sure, if not, i know the brand of stuff they use, i'm sure you can order direct from the supplier in China!

Sorry, i lied. I just went to it with a measuring tape. It measures 9"x20" with a 6" flange for ducting. But its not all that heavy which is great when you are hanging 4 Cooltubes or Hoods from the rafters of your tent!

For room breathability you multiply your 3 dimensions to find cubic feet. They say you need to exchange all of it every 5 minutes or so, but if you use supplemental CO2, this number greatly decreases, but for that the room does need to be sealed or you'll waste the CO2.

Back when I started, I picked up 20 LBs of activated carbon on fleabay for $50. My inline design essentially is a tube with carbon packed in and is to be used as a length of ducting. I was also playing around with an inwall design where by I would create a register duct in the wall and fill it with carbon, then route the air to flow through the register, but I never actually built it. When doing anything DIY, try to imagine the process that you're trying to recreate. Sometimes you'll find that you can achieve the same end result by a different means of the same. I am always pressed for space and if at all possible, I would prefer to keep as much as I can out of sight. Plus there is no rule that states in order for a C/F to be efficient that it needs to be shaped like a tube with a hollow annulus inside. You just have to ensure that when your fan moves the air from A to B, that the air is forced to make it's way over/through/past a given amount of carbon, at least enough concentration to last you for an entire flowering cycle (2-3 months) or longer if achievable.

Back
Top Bottom