Mrrobert420's 10x10 Grow Tent - Multiple Strains - Perpetual

Thats right, it doesn't really matter the shape, as long as the air that needs scrubbing is being forced to pass through the activated carbon. The filter could be the shape of a mushroom, with the carbon packed in the top, with the air drawn through it and out the bottom, for instance.

>>>> I'm ready to join the capn style family :)[/QUOTE]<<<<

:cheer::love::high-five::bravo::yahoo::clap::thumb::goodluck::party::theband::circle-of-love: "CAPN STYLE"

Sorry, i lied. I just went to it with a measuring tape. It measures 9"x20" with a 6" flange for ducting. But its not all that heavy which is great when you are hanging 4 Cooltubes or Hoods from the rafters of your tent!

heck yes greenthumb if you could PM me the link that would be great - I am thinking of building it but i would like to see all my options - Buying is so much easier and if it comes down to it and i dont have time then i will have too lol

For room breathability you multiply your 3 dimensions to find cubic feet. They say you need to exchange all of it every 5 minutes or so, but if you use supplemental CO2, this number greatly decreases, but for that the room does need to be sealed or you'll waste the CO2.

Back when I started, I picked up 20 LBs of activated carbon on fleabay for $50. My inline design essentially is a tube with carbon packed in and is to be used as a length of ducting. I was also playing around with an inwall design where by I would create a register duct in the wall and fill it with carbon, then route the air to flow through the register, but I never actually built it. When doing anything DIY, try to imagine the process that you're trying to recreate. Sometimes you'll find that you can achieve the same end result by a different means of the same. I am always pressed for space and if at all possible, I would prefer to keep as much as I can out of sight. Plus there is no rule that states in order for a C/F to be efficient that it needs to be shaped like a tube with a hollow annulus inside. You just have to ensure that when your fan moves the air from A to B, that the air is forced to make it's way over/through/past a given amount of carbon, at least enough concentration to last you for an entire flowering cycle (2-3 months) or longer if achievable.

so to sum it up - basically hold some carbon together and push air through it - whether it be in the ducting itself or created to match the "bought style" - Ok this is not rocket science - sweet :)

Mr. Robert, search for "thecapn" and read all of his journal. I looked them up and subscribed to them all so I can have a reference journals to go to. Some of his best teachings were in his blog which is now gone but, GreenThumb, c526 & Skybound know all about the info that was in his blog. Recipes & tea recipes, watering times, transplanting times for best root growth, veg times & how often to change your reservoir.

so to sum it up - basically hold some carbon together and push air through it - whether it be in the ducting itself or created to match the "bought style" - Ok this is not rocket science - sweet :)

Yeah, that about sums it up. If you can imagine how a cf is constructed, you'll see a long cylinder that is terminated at one end and has many holes on the inside and out with a layer of activated carbon in between the layers. How thick is this layer of carbon? My guess is 1"-3" thick all the way around, so at most there is not that much carbon that the air is pulled across per square inch. However, there are a lot of square inches in a traditional CF so the CF is filtering a lot more air. Also to note is that the majority of suction is only being forced onto one side more so than the other. this is why after 6 months of use (or a year) manufacturers recommend to remove the flange and the termination cover and swap them around, so you can us the mostly unused side of the filter for the following period of time. Also to note is that the traditional filters don't create as much drag as say an inline or inwall filtration would create. A 6" filter that is 24" long would give you 6x3.14x24=452 square inches of filtering surface though in reality maybe 55% of that is actively being used as the vacuum is much greater at the beginning of the filter than the end.

Blah blah blah, crunching numbers is mind numbing sometimes. If you have a bunch of carbon pellets, just play around with a few ideas till you devise a system that works best in your situation. If not, get a store bought one. You have plenty of space in your tent and when it gets filled up with buds, you're going to want that odorous air treated well before being dumped and a store bought product will get you pretty damn close. Also ^^^ one of those guys said something about an Ozone generator and The Capn recommends using them in conjunction with a CF as this kills any residual odors that the CF lets pass through, just make sure you can vent that properly if you go that route. I'm pretty sure Ozone cleaned air is harmful to breathe so it's important to vent it properly.

I kept and printed some of them,they hang on my wall.I wont republish them,they are his work

dont forget African Grower,that man has skills.

Yeah, that about sums it up. If you can imagine how a cf is constructed, you'll see a long cylinder that is terminated at one end and has many holes on the inside and out with a layer of activated carbon in between the layers. How thick is this layer of carbon? My guess is 1"-3" thick all the way around, so at most there is not that much carbon that the air is pulled across per square inch. However, there are a lot of square inches in a traditional CF so the CF is filtering a lot more air. Also to note is that the majority of suction is only being forced onto one side more so than the other. this is why after 6 months of use (or a year) manufacturers recommend to remove the flange and the termination cover and swap them around, so you can us the mostly unused side of the filter for the following period of time. Also to note is that the traditional filters don't create as much drag as say an inline or inwall filtration would create. A 6" filter that is 24" long would give you 6x3.14x24=452 square inches of filtering surface though in reality maybe 55% of that is actively being used as the vacuum is much greater at the beginning of the filter than the end.

Blah blah blah, crunching numbers is mind numbing sometimes. If you have a bunch of carbon pellets, just play around with a few ideas till you devise a system that works best in your situation. If not, get a store bought one. You have plenty of space in your tent and when it gets filled up with buds, you're going to want that odorous air treated well before being dumped and a store bought product will get you pretty damn close. Also ^^^ one of those guys said something about an Ozone generator and The Capn recommends using them in conjunction with a CF as this kills any residual odors that the CF lets pass through, just make sure you can vent that properly if you go that route. I'm pretty sure Ozone cleaned air is harmful to breathe so it's important to vent it properly.

ok cool Im right on target then - wow what a good deal that is in my PM for a pre-bought filter - Almost worth it just to pick up two that are pre-drilled etc - whats best is the one you sent me actually has phillips screws to replace the carbon or switch the termination side - I am leaning towards a pre-bought at the moment - mainly for a time saver lol - I wanna build that Capn style flowering MACHINE!!!!

I kept and printed some of them,they hang on my wall.I wont republish them,they are his work

dont forget African Grower,that man has skills.

i have seen african grower - would love to get him on my journal lol

Last time I spoke with Ag he had a mountain of things to deal with in life so his journal (and ours) have suffered the lack of his presence. He will make himself known when he is able to.

It almost seems like mind control.
Join us
we are one
we are many
we are Cap'n style.

lmao, I watched the video on it, but Im a simple man, coco hempy is where my heart is.

It almost seems like mind control.
Join us
we are one
we are many
we are Cap'n style.

lmao, I watched the video on it, but Im a simple man, coco hempy is where my heart is.

hahaha right!! Capn style CULT hahaha - Hey ill try it - Gonna try your Hempy method too!!!!

Like Greenthumb said - just gonna throw it all there

I'm pretty sure Ozone cleaned air is harmful to breathe so it's important to vent it properly.

for both people and plants

Subbed!

Back
Top Bottom