I just gave her spray number 4, 1 more to go and then it's 12/12 lights, reminds me of the steely dan album... countdown to ecstasy

spray number 5 is complete, 12 on 12 off light schedule. gibberellic acid is starting to take affect. I can tell because of the stretching. some people don't like gibberellic acid because it stretches the plant, personally I don't care. it does what it is supposed to do and it does it every time. that is, produce feminized pollen. as far as stretching the plant, as soon as I get some pollen I kill the plant and get rid of it. don't need any stray pollen flying around in my grow room, or anyone elses.

IMG_20120224_175119.jpg

stretching a bit from the gibberellic acid.

you know what I was just thinking, having seeds is cool. but seeds are what they are, having pollen, feminized pollen ,is really cool . anytime you run across that really killer female, you can bust out a little pollen , dedicate 1 small bud, make yourself 100 or so seeds. I have just decided I am going to create some great pollen and keep it on hand at all times just for that reason.

for those who don't know, when I said dedicate 1 small bud, that means, you can pollenate1 flower and the rest of the plant will remain unchanged.

well I screwed up pretty good now. I had some light leaks, now my plants are too big for my room. I am sure I have all the light leaks taken care of now, the really need to start to flower. tonight when they wake up I will upload a picture.

did the flowers open up like a little parachutes?

Yeah they did, or are. I have them hanging over some foil. Im giving the branches a shake about once a day, while its drying out and will remove the flowers that fall and keep whatever else is on the foil in a ziplock bag (even though I dont really see much), in the freezer. Sound like a viable plan to you MJ?

Its been hanging for about 4 days, any ideas on the amount of time I should leave it for?

it only takes a really small amount of pollen to make hundreds of seeds.i used the pollen from 2 flowers and made over 200 seeds.
sounds to me like your plan will work, keep in mind any breeze will send the pollen sailing through your neighborhood.

if you have already collected some up you probably have enough and can get rid of the plants before you pollinate your neighborhood

Back
Top Bottom