Ok. Day 33 of flower and here are my Girls:

image14006.jpg
image14005.jpg
image14007.jpg
image14008.jpg
image14009.jpg
image14012.jpg
image14013.jpg

So I've learned a little too late that I shouldn't have done some LST or HST during the veg stage. Although there's a couple of branches shooting off from the stems with buds on them, most of the flowers are on the stems-hence two plants that with mostly single cholas. Since this is my first grow, it's for personal use and my expectations are low, I'm pretty happy with it.

I have a few questions:

I've looked at trichs on both plants with a small hand-hand microscope and the trichs that are there are mostly opaque. Since I'm only about 5 weeks into flower does this seems right? It seems kind of early to me. Plus, although the sugar leaves are all covered with trichs, it doesn't seem a very heavy coverage. I've read that some plants start to put on trichs in the last few weeks of flower. I know it's hard to tell from the images, but the pistils are about half brown. I'm assuming I'm at least 2-3 more weeks out till harvest?

Since this is my first grow, I'm pretty clueless. They've stopped stretching and although continuing to grow, have slowed down considerably, which I'm ok with cause of limited vertical space.

I've decided to be super conservative on the nutes and am only using FF Big Bloom every other water. I'm going to start adding molassis.

I know this is a tiny, boring newb grow, but again-any and all comments, advice, feedback is greatly and humbly appreciated!:thanks:

Hi again. Since I am doing a small T5 grow with serious grow cabinet restraints, I am considering purchasing a Exo Terra Repti-Glo 10.0 Compact Fluorescent Desert Terrarium Lamp in order to see if I can bump up trich production on my little gals. Apparently, the light needs to with "within 20". Can anyone tell me if it would damage my plants if it were super close, like within a couple inches?

I currently have just a cheapo household CFL in my grown cabinet but am considering switching it out with the above.

Anyone?

Thanks so much :thanks:

Mother of Dragons

Hi again. Since I am doing a small T5 grow with serious grow cabinet restraints, I am considering purchasing a Exo Terra Repti-Glo 10.0 Compact Fluorescent Desert Terrarium Lamp in order to see if I can bump up trich production on my little gals. Apparently, the light needs to with "within 20". Can anyone tell me if it would damage my plants if it were super close, like within a couple inches?

A couple of inches will be totally cool. In fact - you should aim for that.

Hi again. Since I am doing a small T5 grow with serious grow cabinet restraints, I am considering purchasing a Exo Terra Repti-Glo 10.0 Compact Fluorescent Desert Terrarium Lamp in order to see if I can bump up trich production on my little gals.

One more thing I noticed is that those lights only go to 26 watts. If you are looking for flowering potential I would recommend instead going with the Philips 42 watt "Soft white". It's color temperature is 2700k.

If you need the same for veg get the "Daytime". It's 6500k.

Yeah, I know it's hard to believe - but this will treat you better. I don't have first hand experience with the light you listed, but I do with these. Don't let a CFL light vendor tell you their 26 watt is better than a more powerful bulb because of spectrum or penetration, etc. CFL technology (from any vendor) is limited. It's simply untrue.

I'm in Canada and pay around $16 bucks each for these bulbs. If you are in a bigger US city you might find them for $10 or less. Don't read the 'equivalent' wattage - it's horsepoop. Go with the 'real' wattage always.

Perhaps you know all this already, but thought it was worth mentioning to save you some $$$ and frustration in the end.

Upwards and onwards!

My girls today.

image14072.jpg

Thanks for your feedback again! Shuffledemon. I think you are the only one reading...:Namaste:

So as you can see, I purchased a new bulb yesterday. It's a Reptisun 10.0 UVB. I guess I should have done more research-it was expensive ($39). Oh well. I'm hoping it will help.

Due to timing and stealth requirements I only let the girls veg 4-5 weeks before flipping them so they are pretty small. I also didn't do any training so, as you can see, they are mostly just a single cola, with popcorn buds scattered about. I'm not complaining though. Every day they continue to grow and thrive and the colas are really starting to fatten up. They smell divine. I love them so much.

I'm at day 35 flower. I'm thinking another 2-3 weeks till harvest? I added backstrap molassis to my water and Big Bloom nutes yesterday in an effort to hopefully increase trichome production. My schedule with this my first grow is water, nutes, water... I'm keeping it simple with the nutes with a less-is-more attitude for this grow. I'd rather have smaller plants, and lower yield than risk burning, lock-out, etc. They seems really happy so I'm just sticking with what works so far.

As you can see, I've decided to just leave the plants and not do a lot of defoliation. In my ignorance, I picked off some fan leaves on both plants here and there, early in the flower, and don't think that was beneficial, so I'm just leaving them alone. It is my understanding that photosynthesis occurs mostly in the larger and fan leaves as opposed to the buds. Does that mean that the buds don't need light?

As always, thanks to anyone who reads my journal. I've already got plans for a second grow with so much for info and a little experience from the first one.

Any and all feedback/advice/comments gratefully appreciated!:thanks:

Have a fabulous day!

Mother of Dragons

I know how much of a bummer putting the work into a journal that nobody reads is.

That light will work - every little bit helps. Maybe next grow swap it out for a 42 watt and see what you think.

Look'in good!

yea it sucks to post a journal and feel like no one reads it .. lol ive been there trust me . it will get better trust me .

the ladies look great .. i would definitely do like u said and look into some sort of low stress training. it will pay off in your short grow area situation. u can get a 30x or 60x scope to read the tricomes a little easier . like ten bucks online . when u run outta seeds look into some low rider seeds or short autos . the molasses works great but be sure u mix i up good.. i stir it into warm water and then mix it into my nutrient solution .

have u thought about the dry\cure process ? not being prepared will cost u your crop..
:goodjob: on the ladies .

Thanks Devil's Lettuce!

When you mention LST you mean for my next grow, right? It's too late for these girls, I think.

I do have a little scope and I look at them just about daily. I probably shouldn't cause I'm probably disturbing/damaging the trichomes, and I'm sure I've a ways to go before harvest.

I've been reading and researching constantly about drying and curing. If you'd like to share what's worked for you I'm all ears and very appreciative.:thanks:

It's nice to interact on the page, so thanks for posting!

Mother of Dragons

Thanks Devil's Lettuce!

When you mention LST you mean for my next grow, right? It's too late for these girls, I think.

I do have a little scope and I look at them just about daily. I probably shouldn't cause I'm probably disturbing/damaging the trichomes, and I'm sure I've a ways to go before harvest.

I've been reading and researching constantly about drying and curing. If you'd like to share what's worked for you I'm all ears and very appreciative.:thanks:

It's nice to interact on the page, so thanks for posting!

Mother of Dragons

yea im talking about your next grow . back building would have been ok a few weeks ago i think ..i think a good explanation of it would be u snip the top of the bud and it beefs up the bud .

if your reading up on it im sure u will be fine . u can get a cheap hygrowmeter to help reading the rh in the jar . if u are going to cure in a jar .

Hi everyone!

This is what my girls look like today, 40 days into flower. Due to time, space, and stealth constraints they are both pretty small, under 15". Because I'm a total noob, I had no experience with any kind of training, super-cropping, scrog, etc. Basically most of my yield will be from the main colas of each plant. I'm not complaining; the calyxes are really starting to swell and they seem very happy, low maintenance plants. Nuting with FF Bloom every other water, as well as molasses. I just started with the molasses and have really noticed a difference in the calyxes. I can't say if it's a direct cause and effect though-they might be swelling on their own...

So I kinda screwed up yesterday and I would love some feedback. My grow cabinet is in a bathroom. The cabinet is not light-tight. There's about a 1/4" gap on the door hinge. The bathroom the cabinet however is completely light proof. So I mistakenly left the light on in the bathroom and the plants were exposed to about 5 hrs of additional, but limited light. I'm so disappointed and worried by girls are going to Hermie. Anyone know what the chances are of that happening? If it does, is my grow ruined/unsmokable? I'm so defeated cause I've worked so hard to keep these girls happy and healthy and fear all that could be going down the drain. Help? :nomo:

image14220.jpg
image14219.jpg
image14218.jpg

Thanks as always to whomever reads and responds!:thanks:

Mother of Dragons

It's tough to say, but I bet they are fine. Interrupting a dark cycle with light is worse than a constant less-than-ideal light issue. I've heard some crazy stories of not needing a ton of light interruption to cause issues, but I have had similar problems and have been fine.

If they do, your buds aren't totally unusable. You can still use them and get effect - it just won't be as good (strong).

Hang in there, I bet it's all good.

Thanks again, shuffledmon, for taking the time to read, as well as respond to my posts.

I'm just going to have to keep my fingers crossed I guess. If the nanners start showing I'm assuming the best practice is to just remove them?

Gonna pop over and look at your grow.

Mother of Dragons

:thanks:

This is a very low-budget grow. I've vegged and flowered under standard T5 grow lights. Added a CFL UVB bulb a week ago. Couldn't really afford purchasing more T5 bulbs.

I'm really happy and have learned a lot. Can't wait for my next grow!

Mother of Dragons

The little ladies today, exactly six weeks into flower.

I watered both girls with nutes and molasses and am wondering if I'm close enough to start flushing. Anyone?

The colas are continuing to swell and buds are still producing white pistils, although I've got plenty starting to turn brown. I'm having a difficult time determining whether the trichs are clear or cloudy, mostly due to my inexperienced eye, but am certain no amber yet.

Thanks for reading and feedback is much appreciated!:thanks:

image14307.jpg
image14308.jpg
image14309.jpg
image14312.jpg
image14313.jpg

Mother of Dragons

Back
Top Bottom