Mthrofdragons - 1st Ever Grow - Bag Seed T5

without a 30x scope its hard to tell . i see the hairs turning colors but it looks like the white ones are still growing so i would say another week at-least but i could be wrong

Thanks devils lettuce! :thanks:

Yes they're still producing white pistils. Are you saying another week before I start flushing? I only water or water/nute about once a week-it just takes them that long to dry out.

It still seems like there could be more trich production. I really have not idea. I read/research constantly so I'm thinking I'm getting relatively close to think about harvesting. I'm thinking another 2-3 weeks, so I'm thinking no more nutes?

I'm still nuting every other watering, should I continue on that schedule, or nute with each watering until I'm ready to flush?

Thank you!

yea some of those hairs look new . i stay on normal schedule for another week then start flush and give it h20 and molasses until shes done .. i always judge with by looking at the tricomes under a scope its simple that way . u can get one for like 6 bucks ..

no . the molasses are fine with the water in the flush . it feeds the microorganisms in the soil

Ok here are my girls at day 52 flower.

Literally, overnight my little girls fan leaves did this! Yellow, splotchy-looks like she's sick or maybe dying.The cola still looks relatively healthy and is still producing white pistils with not a lot of them changing to brown yet. The trichomes are clear. I'm sure it's some kind of nutrient fiasco. I nute every other water with Fox Farm Big Bloom and 1T of molasses per gallon. I freaked this morning when I opened my cabinet and after reading, decided to give her a good flushing. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

I decided to experiment with the larger girl and 3 days ago, went ahead and removed her fan leaves. She seems to be doing OK. If I remember, she showed female about a week earlier than the other. It looks like 1/2 her pistils are brown and I'm seeing about 1/2 cloudy/clear trichomes. I'm thinking another 7-10 on her.

I sure wish I'd have done some training on these girls, but I really didn't know what I was doing so any harvest I get I'll be happy with. I've learned a lot.

Thanks for any advice/comments/feedback! :thanks:

image14554.jpg
image14553.jpg
image14552.jpg
image14551.jpg

I think you may be right about them being close to done. I might suggest you start flushing now. Just plain straight ph'ed water for the next 2 weeks with a full flush somewhere about now. You did good man, they look great!

Don't worry about the fan leaves, they are almost done. Time to get some jars ready! :)

what is your ph in and your run off ph?

leavedeficiencies6.jpg
2planthlpr.gif
Cannabis_Nutrient_And_Deficiency_Table2.JPG

I think you may be right about them being close to done. I might suggest you start flushing now. Just plain straight ph'ed water for the next 2 weeks with a full flush somewhere about now. You did good man, they look great!

Don't worry about the fan leaves, they are almost done. Time to get some jars ready! :)

Thanks for the feedback, J. Yea I think I'll continue to flush.

I've done a lot of reading and have found different opinions on waiting till the soil is dry to flush, or flushing while soil is still wet. Flushing is different than watering-right? How often should I be flushing?

Mother of Dragons

what is your ph in and your run off ph?

Hi Devils Lettuce! Thanks for the feedback!

I'm embarrassed to say I haven't check the PH on my water. I usually fill a 2 Gallon watering can I had on hand and let it sit in between waterings. Do you think it's worth it to purchase a reader at this last stage?

According to the plant chart, it looks like my girl could be low on phosphorus. Would adjusting it at this point be helpful, or should I just continue to flush? If so, how often. I usually water once every 5-7 days. I let them dry out pretty good and so far, they've been healthy and happy. Could it just be as J said, they're about done and going through a normal maturing cycle?

Thanks for looking and commenting!:thanks:

Mother of Dragons

most people only flush when there is a problem or before flip and harvest ..

yea flushing is difrent from watering .. u flush a plant with at 2-3 gl of water per gl pot size .

u can get a cheap ph meter on fleabay for like ten bucks .. it will take all the guess work out of it.. i suggest u get some 7.o calibration solution 5-6 bucks ..

check these threads out out
Flushing: A Tutorial by Papa Green
What is pH?
What Does pH Mean?

The reason why we flush before harvest is to force the plant to use up the rest of the nutrients it has so our smoke is better. The plant will start to show signs of deficiencies but that is normal. I don't know how everyone else does it but when I start seeing some heavy cloudy action (last 1-2 weeks) I will flush fully, let it dry and then give it straight water from there. I also try to let it dry out completely before harvest.

Have you started checking trichomes yet?

Thanks Devils Lettuce and J!:thanks:

Those links were super helpful! I'm such a noob...

I'm pretty certain my next grow will be better and more productive. I've got serious stealth and time constraints but I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far.

These were bag seeds and by the looks of the plants, they look like two totally different strains. I think the larger girl is getting close. Not any real new white pistils in the last couple days, starting to turn more brown-close to half white, half brown.

I bought a Carson 60X-100X MicroMax LED Lighted Pocket Microscope (MM-200) from Amazon which works pretty good. The only problem is, even though I try to be gentle, when I check the trichs the end of the scope gets so sticky :thedoubletake: that I'm afraid I'm either damaging them, or knocking them off. Don't want to do that! Treasure the Trichomes! It's actually a little addicting once I start looking-those babies are mesmerizing.

Any helpful hints regarding checking the trichomes without damaging them is much appreciated. My yield is going to be pretty small so I want to maximize those beauties.

So grateful and appreciative for the comments and advice. I can't believe the end is near...I almost can't remember not having these plants-kinda like kids!

Love,

Mother of Dragons

I almost forgot! There's a little purple on the top of the cola of my big girl...not at all sure what that means but it's super pretty. I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

Mother of Dragons

u can take the microscope and hold it in front of the camera lens . let it focused and and take pics . it will b easy to see that way .

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom