Multi-Strain Fun in 800W HPS Sun - Customized Soil - SOG

Doc Greenthum

Hello to all,

This is my 1st grow journal on 420 mag but this isn't my first rodeo. I welcome all comments from other seasoned growers which will only improve my future grows. Feel free to chime in no matter who you are. Let's get the details out of the way 1st & then a quick photo update.

Stains

Holy Grail Kush
Cookies Kush
Blue Dream Auto
Afternoon Delight
Colombian Gold
Grizzly Purple Kush
Sour Chiesel
Sweet Trainwreck Auto

These babies are growing under 2 x 400Watts HPS & they are growing in my own funky soil. The soil makeup is peat, coco coir, sand, horticultural grit & amended with seed meal. Sunflower seed & pumpkin seeds are very high in phosphorous & I've added loads of crushed raisins to help out with the potassium intake. Cocoa Powder is high in magnesium & these will be supplemented with Old Timer nutrients with every water which is the equivalent to protein shakes for the plants. Molasses will also be added to the feeds periodically. I've added loads of mycchorizea & beneficial bacteria into the totes that the soil has been cooking in.

These babies are a week since they have been moved from the nursery into the big tent & they are flying at the moment. There are a couple of runts but I intend on giving them 4 weeks in veg before they are induced into flowering. They should get out of their funk soon so I am not worried about them. I am not going to be training these plants but there is one that is a bit stretchy that will be supercropped if she gets a bit out of hand.

I will keep the journal updated with photos so you guys can have a look at the progress. I will make a bigger photo update over the weekend so that you can see how each girl is progressing as the weeks progress.

If I get 3 oz per plant I'm looking at 24 oz in total which is more than enough for my brother & I to blaze it up. I am not a commercial grower, these grows are for love:love:...not money.

IMG_029935.JPG
IMG_030038.JPG

Have a good day to all!
:Namaste:

A quick photo update without the horrible looking yellow light...

Blue Dream Auto
IMG_030939.JPG

Cookies Kush
IMG_031039.JPG

Holy Grail Kush
IMG_031137.JPG

Afternoon Delight
IMG_031336.JPG

Colombia Gold
IMG_031432.JPG

Grizzly Purple Kush
IMG_031540.JPG

Sweet Trainwreck Auto
IMG_031628.JPG

Sour Cheisel
IMG_031731.JPG

Hello to all,

Sunflower seed & pumpkin seeds are very high in phosphorous & I've added loads of crushed raisins to help out with the potassium intake. Cocoa Powder is high in magnesium & these will be supplemented with Old Timer nutrients

Ive heard of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, but raisins are new to me. Im all about the old timers nutrients due to lack of funds and corporate nutrient expenses..
Count me in:thumb:

Welcome aboard brother!

Yeah, I have done extensive research into the mineral content into all the food that is readily available & which won't cost you an arm & a leg. Being resourceful is part of the fun in horticulture.

Have a good day in Alaska my friend!

Hello to all,

This is my 1st grow journal on 420 mag but this isn't my first rodeo....

The soil makeup is peat, coco coir, sand, horticultural grit & amended with seed meal. Sunflower seed & pumpkin seeds are very high in phosphorous & I've added loads of crushed raisins to help out with the potassium intake. Cocoa Powder is high in magnesium & these will be supplemented with Old Timer nutrients with every water which is the equivalent to protein shakes for the plants. Molasses will also be added to the feeds periodically. I've added loads of mycchorizea & beneficial bacteria into the totes that the soil has been cooking in.
Have a good day to all!
Hey DocG

I've been haunting 420 and a couple other forums fer awhile, pickin' up knowledge wherever I can.
Preparing for an outdoor grow this coming Summer, my first since the early 70's when I grew a green stick in a foil lined closet with a desk lamp, ooph

What yer referrin' to as Old Tymer nutes just intrigues the behoovers outta me so I'd like to ask a huge favor of ya....

If you can find the time I think it'd be great if you could do a blog or two here on 420 detailing the "alternative" amendments and what each one brings to the table.

P'raps a step by step on how you prepare your soil also?

Thankee (-:

and subbed fer this grow too!

It would be my pleasure to start a blog on alternative amendments & the minerals that each of them contains. I will prepare a step by step soil guide too. I have a day off work so you caught me at a good time. I'll start a blog for this now & I'll let you know when its done!

Cheers brother!
:thumb:

There's a fairly good sized community here pursuing organics, I've learned a lot from em'.
That's my intent for my upcoming re-entry to the whirl O' cannabis growing!

I'll be watchin' fer yer info, Thankee!

Back
Top Bottom