Mumps Volcanic Grows 2020

Good to see you back, mumps :)

The plants are looking great as always.

i've finished harvesting all my plants,
Do you mean that you have no plants going at all?

daiquiri lime is way smellier and stronger, yesterday i rolled one small spliff i was tripping balls, now im kinda scared : D
OK, I want to try daiquiri lime now! :laughtwo:

Now that's more my kind of game! LoL!!! :rofl:

yay lol, he had a big machine around since hes also doing the concrete base for a wooden house so he took the chanche and moved them...pro job with nets under the rootball, nice friend i got : D
Oh man.... that's some scary thing to have such visit. Glad you managed to hold your mask....! :surf:

moreorless.. at first i thought about hiding the stuff then i thought i was going to be screwed anyway so i just answered..
i sais something like...good eveneing sir, we need you to come to our place tomorrow morning to sign a few papers....and i was like...
oh oh oh kei kei kei oh oh oh f f f icer, th th thethanks you ve ve ve very much, si si si see you tomo tomo tomorrow!
Good to see you back, mumps :)

The plants are looking great as always.
th th thethanks you northy : )

not in my yard anymore!
just jars full of weed in my fridge : D
still have the 4 photos in the other outdoor grow with my partner..we splitted everything, all expenses and all harvests.
probably you cannot see it from the pic but they are tall, more or less 2 meters
OK, I want to try daiquiri lime now! :laughtwo:

just went to my neighbour to leave him a couple of buds and he was shocked, auto mazar we grew together is very good but thats different...looked at me suspiciously and said im keeping the good stuff hidden lol.
its one week old and already ways smellier than all the others (which are all very good smelling).
think im doing the curing part all right with bovedas and mason jars in fridge..very easy method

Yeah, those newly moved plants look big! Moving trees around witch excavators now... this is getting out of hand - there will be lorries full of buds next :p

its one week old and already ways smellier than all the others (which are all very good smelling).
think im doing the curing part all right with bovedas and mason jars in fridge..very easy method
Noted! I've been working myself into a curing anxiety lately, so I need to hear things like that :cheesygrinsmiley:

i forgot about the three new babies in my neighbours yard!
been planted on the 17th of july, topped 11th of august at fourth node.
they have been transplanted to 4 gals pots with some plagron fertilized soil (plus zeolite and silica).
found out transplanting with airpots is very easy and not harmfull at all for plants.

right auto daiquiri lime (neighbour was so happy when i told him : D)
left royal gorilla auto
up sweet zz auto

the sticks in the middle serve as camouflage my neighbour said.
all three are flowering, daiquiri lime is the most advanced and better developed...at this point wish i started with dutch passion instead than royal queen seeds, royal queens did good but dutch passions look better.
guess they are suffering from too much sun, they stayed smaller compared to her older sister (same strains i've already grown) and daiquiri lime showing just three fingers leafs..

about watering, best thing during flowering is to let the soil go nearly dry and then watering or to water more often so the soil basically never dry?
i go with the first method but im still not sure about this..
have a nice week 420people!

Ah, not slacking at all, I see :D

about watering, best thing during flowering is to let the soil go nearly dry and then watering or to water more often so the soil basically never dry?
i go with the first method but im still not sure about this..
Plants in soil need a wet/dry cycle for the roots to thrive, so they should go almost completely dry before watering again to let the roots get some air. Emilya has the authoritative watering guides for plants in soil:

The original guide:
The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

A modified method for when you don't up-pot:
The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large, Final, Container

Ah, not slacking at all, I see :D

i started the business and now i already have two farmers working for me lol
divide et impera : D

Plants in soil need a wet/dry cycle for the roots to thrive, so they should go almost completely dry before watering again to let the roots get some air. Emilya has the authoritative watering guides for plants in soil:

The original guide:
The Proper Way To Water A Potted Plant

A modified method for when you don't up-pot:
The Proper Way To Water A Seedling In A Large, Final, Container

thanks, i've read the threads and thats basically all i know about watering.
my doubt was about the difference between watering in veg fase or in flowering.
basically in veg i need the pot to get totally dry, instead in flower i need it to be nearly dry and thus watering a few hours before than in veg...right?
Absolutely love your outdoor updates Mumps, for how long do you recon outside growing will be possible?

thanks crazys!
last year we harvested half of october but some years wheater can be good even in november..a few years ago i went swimming beginning of november, never happened before.
south of italy they basically have no winter, think is pretty much the same than northern africa.
with autos i think you can successfully grow them planting from beginning of march to end of july...im very curious about what those new autos will do.
usually autumn here is the best.
winter sometimes reaches 0 and can go to -2/-3 at most, anyway you cannot grow anything apart from broccoli and stuff like that
tonight im going to check the photos, new outdoors updates incoming : D

for how long do you recon outside growing will be possible?
This night the outside temperature hit < 2°C here. I'll have to take the plants in the greenhouse inside soon. Or perhaps mumps can host some chilis and tomatoes for me in his lovely garden :p

basically in veg i need the pot to get totally dry, instead in flower i need it to be nearly dry and thus watering a few hours before than in veg...right?
Hm, I'd have to consult @Emilya on that particular point... The main takeaways for me is the is the importance of pacing of the watering, mainly watering around the plant and letting the dry/wet cycle run its course. Since the plants do get thirstier as they grow, at least on that acocunt they'll require more water in flowering. Also It's a guide, not a rule book, so it's open for adaption as required :)

My thoughts on this matter have evolved a bit over time, but not too much. A good solid wet/dry cycle is very important through veg and right up to the end of stretch, so as to entice the roots to grow more than they would in a plant not getting regular oxygen pulled down into the very deepest roots. We know that this hit of oxygen supercharges the root growth as the water table drops down toward the bottom, and we now know to take advantage of that extra need to grow the roots by letting our plants go almost to the point of wilting, while in veg.

After stretch, the plant is on to bigger things... developing those buds. The roots are at that point what they will be for the rest of the grow, and an adage that was made some years ago has stuck with me... in veg we work on developing the roots; in bloom we use those roots to see how much water and nutrient we can get into the plant.

So once bloom starts, we start pushing water, and I shave a day off of the wet dry cycle and water early all during bloom, after the plants have only dried 75-80% of the way that I would have forced them to do in veg. I push water and nutes as hard as they will take it, and take it they do.

I have recently been forgetting the importance of getting oxygen down to those lower roots during bloom too and have been experimenting with how best to achieve this during this time of pushing water and nutes. I am now thinking that occasionally drying out completely, as I would do in veg, acts like a "flush" of oxygen to get the plants vigor going again, and I will be doing this approximately every 4th watering from now on. I will be doing three rounds of water as fast as they will take it, followed by a proper drying out all the way to the bottom before watering the 4th time.... rinse and repeat until finished.

There is a myth out there that this is somehow bad for a flowering plant, especially the microbes in the soil. If it were this easy to kill microbes, we would all be in trouble. To alleviate your fears in this matter, think for a second about the freeze dried microbes in a box that can be purchased these days, or the dry microbes and fungi sold in your typical high end dry potting soil. You are not killing your microbes by letting your plants dry out an extra day.

thanks a lot for extended reply, things are clearer now, i was doing right moreorless..
before i've up potted those new autos i've checked on google if roots stop growing in flowering otherwise it would have been pointless transplanting a plant that was going to stop form roots in 2/3 weeks.
instead i found out roots grow even in late flower, they grow slower and mostly replacing dead old roots but they grow..
not sure about this since i havent checked any official papers, just forums, but it makes sense, anyway i think to let soil dry 75/80% as you suggest is the sweet point.
maybe even better starting with 80% when flower starts and then go up while the plant continue flowering ending at about 50% wet soil..
maybe : D

so..this morning i got my range rover, wore my panama and went visiting my fazenda.
plants are beautiful and flowering, unfortunately my megacrop order from end of july still hasnt arrived (u.s. custom sent the package back to their place so it will take another 20 days to get it..lame) so they are having just water and showing some deficensies..just a few leafs on a couple of plants though, hope it doenst get worse.
i think stretching has ended anyway they are taller then my last visit, middle and left one are about two meter and an half.
and middle one is quadlined!
from left to right,
quadlined moby dick by dinafem
threelined glueberry by expert seeds (was quadlined but lost an arm during transplant)
mokum tulip by dutch passion

here is the other mokum tulip in 8gals pot, this one is quadlined, the other mokum tulip its been left grow christmas tree shape

south of italy they basically have no winter

Sounds like a country for me then. :blunt:No country for old men though maybe...

new outdoors updates incoming : D

:cheesygrinsmiley:

This night the outside temperature hit < 2°C here.

Already?! We had 14C last night here, just a little bit chiller than day temp... mornings are a different story now during sunrise when light starts to evaporate nightly damp.

My thoughts on this matter have evolved a bit over time, but not too much.

That's quite the scientific explanation to it Emilya, I would say very much. :)

christmas tree shape

Grow me a Christmas tree Mumps, please.... :)

Those plants are going to be awesome there!

Sounds like a country for me then. :blunt:No country for old men though maybe...

south is superbeautiful and people is supernice, only problem is hospitals are bad, roads are bad, trains are bad and so on.
sicily is my favourite region of italy, also women from south are the best.

Grow me a Christmas tree Mumps, please.... :)

Those plants are going to be awesome there!

im sure in southern emisphere they decorate weed trees like firs : D
anyway last year plant harvested 400g, i think with those four we can harvest about 1.5kg maybe more..we ll find out in a couple of months!
just met a friend who told me hes getting government weed through a false certificate he got from some online doctor...the drug store ships directly to his house and its 12 euro gram with 22% thc.
he can get 30g per month max..
sound risky to me...riskier than grow.
im pretty sure theres many people doing that and government will find out soon or later..
left me a sample, will try it tonight.

roads are bad, trains are bad and so on.

See why u bike then... :laughtwo:

sicily is my favourite region of italy, also women from south are the best.

I can imagine that... guess they can rap that Italian when mad though... LoL

i think with those four we can harvest about 1.5kg maybe more..we ll find out in a couple of months!

Hope so, but these are autos as well right? They won't produce like a photo but maybe, never know... will be fun seeing the end of it that's for sure. :)

just met a friend who told me hes getting government weed through a false certificate he got from some online doctor...the drug store ships directly to his house and its 12 euro gram with 22% thc.
he can get 30g per month max..
sound risky to me...riskier than grow.
im pretty sure theres many people doing that and government will find out soon or later..
left me a sample, will try it tonight.

Heard about that as well, I heard of people getting weed in the mail from pharmacy's here too but I doubt it's true here. I wouldn't trust those 22% thc claims though, its probably produced in Canada or the States and from what I know about that weed its full of pesticides and that they ship the worst of the crops to Europe but I might be wrong about that as well. Tell us how it was, always fun to hear I'm guessing you will appreciate your own weed more though. :)

See why u bike then... :laughtwo:

lol no here roads are ok, just a bit small cause are mostly old romans road that stayed the same throughout 2k years, just asphalt instead that big rocks.
today i did about 35km on cassia, a roman road that goes from roma to florence.

I can imagine that... guess they can rap that Italian when mad though... LoL

ahah yeah you right, rest of the time they are happy and really positive though, love it.
Hope so, but these are autos as well right? They won't produce like a photo but maybe, never know... will be fun seeing the end of it that's for sure. :)

i was talking about the four photos im going to split with my partner.
as i said im splitting everything with him, i did 7 autos, hes doing 4 photos.
other plants are with my neighbour (two automazar and three new autos), i know is a bit messy sorry!
the new 3 autos are doing great though, been checkin today and they are stretching like crazy, humidity is very low and is perfect wheater for flowering.
started lst them today, tomorrow will post pics.
Heard about that as well, I heard of people getting weed in the mail from pharmacy's here too but I doubt it's true here. I wouldn't trust those 22% thc claims though, its probably produced in Canada or the States and from what I know about that weed its full of pesticides and that they ship the worst of the crops to Europe but I might be wrong about that as well. Tell us how it was, always fun to hear I'm guessing you will appreciate your own weed more though. :)

yes from farmacy, you can go and pick it up if you want but he prefers to have it delivered.
he said is made in holland and he said he knows four guys doing it in my small town (3k people), there is probably many more doing the same without telling.
its probably more than 10k people in whole italy...crazy..they will find out soon.
fact is you have to fake some illness and thats very bad.

still didnt try it, i've just had some daiquiri lime and im supergood for tonight, maybe some automazar later...mmmm (insert homer salivating gif)
have a good night crazys!

mostly old romans road that stayed the same throughout 2k years

LoL I got trails in a reservation close by that were beat by stone age people, people always walked them since so they stayed open. Funny with these trails is you can almost feel how old they are and I'm guessing its the same with your roman roads and remember Rome wasn't built in one day... ;)

today i did about 35km on cassia, a roman road that goes from roma to florence.

Sounds really romantic when you say it like that. :laughtwo:

rest of the time they are happy and really positive though, love it.

Would love to have an Italian girlfriend, we could trade if you get Anita I can get an Aurora... :)

i was talking about the four photos im going to split with my partner.
as i said im splitting everything with him, i did 7 autos, hes doing 4 photos.

i know is a bit messy sorry!

It's no worry Mumps I like people that got much going on, preferably in the same journal... Some here have different journals for different strains they grow at the same time and that gets very messy in my mind.

tomorrow will post pics.

Looking forward! Like your updates.

(insert homer salivating gif)

:drool:

its probably more than 10k people in whole italy...crazy..they will find out soon.
fact is you have to fake some illness and thats very bad.

It's crazy the world cant accept this plant like it is, what should be prohibited is Alcohol... it cost our governments and communities 1000s of % more in the chain of its destruction than weed. Insane world....

LoL I got trails in a reservation close by that were beat by stone age people, people always walked them since so they stayed open. Funny with these trails is you can almost feel how old they are and I'm guessing its the same with your roman roads and remember Rome wasn't built in one day... ;)

yeah i think those were peacefull lands before romans arrived, i also understand scandinavian hatred against christians for same reasons.
same for old etruscans that lived here in my area, they were one of the first to be fagocitated by romans...fuck romans : D
Sounds really romantic when you say it like that. :laughtwo:

yes i can talk with a very romantic accent anita would love it : D

Would love to have an Italian girlfriend, we could trade if you get Anita I can get an Aurora... :)

wish we lived in 16th century too : D
It's no worry Mumps I like people that got much going on, preferably in the same journal... Some here have different journals for different strains they grow at the same time and that gets very messy in my mind.
Looking forward! Like your updates.

now its just 4 photos and 3 autos
here a few todays pics from the photos..

mokum tulip

moby dick

deficiency on glueberry

mildew on moby dick

It's crazy the world cant accept this plant like it is, what should be prohibited is Alcohol... it cost our governments and communities 1000s of % more in the chain of its destruction than weed. Insane world....

agree, here you can get a strong alcoholic drink for 2 euro, since prohibition never worked i think it should just cost 20.
but probably everybody will start make their own and get drunk the same.
anyway its too cheap and costs the government too much.
but again alcool here is some cultural thing, it will never disappear.
only hope is we get conquered by muslims : D

i think those were peacefull lands before romans arrived, i also understand scandinavian hatred against christians for same reasons.

We have a very violent past here with the Vikings in mind, we only got peaceful when Christianity arrived :laughtwo: Now we are demonstrating against Muslims and their way of eating themselves in to our society. I have no problem with any religions as long as they keep for themselves, respect the community they are in and keep their ideas for themselves.

Myself I'm a atheist, I believe in science: physics and chemistry. :smokin:

yes i can talk with a very romantic accent anita would love it : D

I bet you can... :cool: I actually mentioned you and she got very interested and idle ears to hear about you. Unfortunately she got a semi boyfriend since this summer. :p

But meanwhile you could track down my next victim.... :cheesygrinsmiley: :laughtwo:

here a few todays pics from the photos..

Oh boy, they are already bushy like grandma.... :laughtwo: They are going to explode in that autumn sun in Italy, will be so awesome to follow this through with you.

deficiency on glueberry

Could be an acclimatization issue they are going through with this new soil they are in, how is the soil surrounding them? Im guessing pretty lean? Go easy on nuting them now first week or two before they grown in to their new surroundings. Depending of what you filled in the hole, you so nicely mechanically excavated for them, with soil and extras you should go easy for starters.

It's important how you look and read your plants, a plants wellbeing is shown in newly formed leaf growth in tops. So mainly look at those leafs when judging def, just give water for the time being and see how it goes from there a week or so.

but again alcool here is some cultural thing, it will never disappear.
only hope is we get conquered by muslims : D

Same here but we have a very different approach to drinking here than your relaxed Mediterranean way of drinking one or two glasses of wine in the sun. Here its weekends that dominate and drinking your head off that's dominating the way or drinking. Preferably as much as possible at home first and then a trip to the bars at 11-12 at night to continue the madness. This is probably a legacy from the Vikings, they drank before they went it to fights and this is also something we adapted well in 20th century... :(

I don't drink anymore and this is a freely made choice, I was a happy drinker before and couldn't wait until my on call week would end and I could pop that favorite beer. Now I don't even miss it since about 3 years ago, I can get cravings for a beer or wine when the setting is right but it soon passes without any notice. Many here have big issues with drinking, not wanting to admit it.

Smoked out, mumps?

full

Back
Top Bottom