Must Have Been A Light Leak Said The Breeder

Botani

Breeders time and time again have always came out on top when it comes to their customers getting hermies. But its time to set the record straight that enough is enough. I have grown nearly an infinite amount of seeds from pretty much every breeder on the internet since the early 2000's up till now. I have had my share of hermies from time to time except my grows are 100% locked and loaded dialed in to perfection. However light pollution comes up a lot and I am here to point something out that not many people may have thought of but it will put breeders in their place and their fanboi's.

A stressed plant has the possibility of turning hermie, yes. Some strains moreso than others (breeder depending). However unless there is direct light beaming straight from the source directly onto the said plants at many on and off intervals then you will not see much in the way of any ill effects on your plants. All over the world where Cannabis grows naturally there are many a moonlit nights so bright that you can see for miles, and so often that it will nearly occur for 50-80% of the plants life cycle. None of these plants will herm solely because of this. This would be what the "blamers" would call light pollution as if you have some random light barely emitting a dull reflection through some crack that then bounces off 2-3 objects before barely dully making an inch of a footprint into your flowering room. This alone is not light pollution and will not have any affect whatsoever on your plants. I am not condoning this but in the wild there is more light pollution from the suns reflection on the moon than in anyones grow room so i call bs on light leaks. So when breeders try to blame the growers using light pollution as a culprit then i say sorry try again.

That is all.

Yeah I agree. Go outside tonight after dark. You wont even need a flashlight. It's gonna be bright AF too with an orange and then a red moon... all night long.

Light leak... never understood that one.

land races in the wild will hermie under the right conditions.
it's not alone. loads of plants with male and female sexes will self propagate under particular circumstances. it's genetically coded in for preservation.

All over the world where Cannabis grows naturally there are many a moonlit nights so bright that you can see for miles, and so often that it will nearly occur for 50-80% of the plants life cycle.
And now we have growers with plants on their patios or in their back yards. In our modern times the plants are exposed to porch lights, street lights, security lights and the lights in a parking lot.

loads of plants with male and female sexes will self propagate under particular circumstances. it's genetically coded in for preservation.
Many growers want to blame something because they see a male flower show up 10 weeks into the flowering stage. It is easier to place blame than to spend the time trying to understand the complete life cycle of the plant they are growing.

A stressed plant has the possibility of turning hermie, yes.
People blame the appearance of male flowers because the plant was stressed by a pin point of light coming through the zipper on the tent. Then they buy "feminized" seeds and completely ignore the stress caused by dose after dose of Colloidal Silver being applied by the breeder to the female parent plant.

People blame the appearance of male flowers because the plant was stressed by a pin point of light coming through the zipper on the tent. Then they buy "feminized" seeds and completely ignore the stress caused by dose after dose of Colloidal Silver being applied by the breeder to the female parent plant.

it's not quite how that works.

feminized / reg / auto seeds are produced from a much larger population of mother plants. the original plants are cycled through on a constant basis and discarded regularly. it's part, but only part, of why there are constant new strains.

Breeders time and time again have always came out on top when it comes to their customers getting hermies. But its time to set the record straight that enough is enough. I have grown nearly an infinite amount of seeds from pretty much every breeder on the internet since the early 2000's up till now. I have had my share of hermies from time to time except my grows are 100% locked and loaded dialed in to perfection. However light pollution comes up a lot and I am here to point something out that not many people may have thought of but it will put breeders in their place and their fanboi's.

A stressed plant has the possibility of turning hermie, yes. Some strains moreso than others (breeder depending). However unless there is direct light beaming straight from the source directly onto the said plants at many on and off intervals then you will not see much in the way of any ill effects on your plants. All over the world where Cannabis grows naturally there are many a moonlit nights so bright that you can see for miles, and so often that it will nearly occur for 50-80% of the plants life cycle. None of these plants will herm solely because of this. This would be what the "blamers" would call light pollution as if you have some random light barely emitting a dull reflection through some crack that then bounces off 2-3 objects before barely dully making an inch of a footprint into your flowering room. This alone is not light pollution and will not have any affect whatsoever on your plants. I am not condoning this but in the wild there is more light pollution from the suns reflection on the moon than in anyones grow room so i call bs on light leaks. So when breeders try to blame the growers using light pollution as a culprit then i say sorry try again.

That is all.
I've had light cause things to slow down and cause frilly buds but herms?? They built a race track (horse) near one of my grows once and ruined my grow with the stadium and parking lights.. Crappy flowers; not a single herm..

Thai is genetically predisposed to hermaphoditism
One of the strangest plants I've ever tried to grow.. Didn't believe that's what it was when it was sold to me, the weed that is.. Plant wouldn't finish inside.. Harvested it for months and months.. Outside, in the fall, really anytime after it started flowering, after a rain you could count on several limbs stripping themselves from the plant laying on the ground.. The damn limbs, still tethered to the plant by/with strips of?? bark?? would root while flowering and by the end of the season it would look like a hedge.. A sad frilly hedge.. Ni!! Ni! I say.. we wanted a SHRUBRY!!

Haha, funny I just came across this and glad I did. I was thinking I had light pollution but yeah...no, I know I fine and agree that the moon is bright as fuk lots of nights soooo....cheers!
Planters moon.. Best time to be in the woods.. Hell, the sky was blue the other night and the grass still shown green..

Planters moon.. Best time to be in the woods.. Hell, the sky was blue the other night and the grass still shown green..
That darn mother nature.... we hadda lunar eclipse the other morning right befure sun up the sky was red and orange at 5:15ish AM

I've seen growers that went full on redlight in the dark DONT you dare have a light near the plant YOU WILL RUIN THE WHOLE CROP, never understood them.
as pointed out here the moon is way brighter than any light leak or heaven forbid you turn on a light at 2 am, you have just killed the whole grow!
its weed, they call it weed for a reason
its funky, often chunky, and will be here long after we are gone

Back
Top Bottom