Mutation or Deficiency? Discoloration Not Found In Common Deficiencies

CannaKitty

Hey everyone!

I did post this directly to my journal but I feel as if there it will only get the attention of those subbed in my grow and I am really trying to fix this... problem... if it is in fact a problem...

Last night I was watering my girls. I REALLY wait till they ask for it... with noticeable dry soil pulling from the sides of the pot throughout the top inch. I noticed these two leaf discolorations while watering. One is on my smallest seedling's firstish true leaves and the other on my largest seedling's firstish true leaves. They are all approximately two weeks above soil and looking great except for this...

Smallest...
420-magazine-mobile1039626677.jpg

Largest...
420-magazine-mobile177004836.jpg

Is this them politely asking for their first nutrients? They are all between 12-14 days above soil. Right on the brink between seedling and veg. They are in 70/30 Biobizz allmix (organic and know to be 'hot') and perlite. I thought the all mix would get them through 3 weeks but growth has been very fast as of late. (Seeing my first roots through the bottom holes of the largest lady already an we are barely two weeks above soil.)

They are also still under 24 hour lights which I planned on dialing back tomorrow to 20/4 (officially two weeks above ground).

What are they trying to tell me guys?? These were the only two color discolorations I found among 9 plants and it is kind of curious how it is found on both my largest and smallest plants.

I also noticed some cotyledons yellowing but believe this is a normal process as the plant grows out of its seedling stage.

Help! My leaves don't match any of the the known deficiencies on the chart that gets passed around...

Mutation? It would effects the whole half leaf right? Not just a portion. I really don't want to give them nutes they aren't ready for... especially in the all mix.

If you have the time, have a stop by my grow journal. I am picking up a Mars2 1200 tomorrow so it should get exciting soon.

But most importantly if someone could tell me if I should be worried or not... that would be absolutely fabulous.

Thanking You All In Advance,
Kitty

Hey looks like you've just got a runt sometimes that happens when growing from seed I always germinate about 40 at a time and there's always a few that turn out like that it will never grow the same as any of the rest of them will be tiny compared to them all best to throw it away unless you have the space to keep it but it won't produce much

Sent from my SM-J320FN using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They look fine... IF you want to grow organic soil transplant those girls up to as large a pot you want to flower in and let them grow. If you are going to "feed" the plants... they are too young.

Those leaves you are looking at now, they will be long gone in a month .. first sets of true leaves just never make it very long. The plant uses them up for nutrients, they yellow and fall off. Completely normal, don't stress it. The top leaves are the money makers so worry when the leaves at the top are looking funky, yours look healthy.

Back
Top Bottom