My 2023 Perpetual Grow - Organic, Partial SIP

The roots should be well established, so I've been lightly top-feeding veg feed, and now will start overwatering in order to fill up the SIP and let it rock out.
I wouldn't go crazy with the water until she's growing really strong and able to drain what you do give her in a day or two. Looking good though! :thumb:

Saturday!

Starting with Fruity OGKush at 17 days old in the new SIP bucket, this one is going right on schedule so far, having been topped after 11 days veg and spreading out nicely now. I have been lightly overfeeding her daily from the top, and slowly getting moisture into the very bottom of the SIP. As of today, she has a good amount of water in the bottom, but not quite full.

Next is Wedding Cake seed #1, also in a SIP bucket. I have been lightly top-feeding this one since the soil doesn't seem to be wicking up the water very well at the top layers. Not much going on here, just getting solidly into flower after 3-weeks in 12/12.

Third is Gelato seed #6, growing much differently than my previous Gelanto plant. The terps smell very nice so far so will see how they develop. This one is at 6 weeks in 12/12. I would try to spread her out more, but I'm out of room in the tent. Did some light defoliation over the past week.

Last is the Gorilla Glue seed #18 stinking up the place. It smells like a grape or maybe fruit punch bubblegum of some sort. Different than I remember, but the best weed I ever grew was a GG plant. This thing is all buds, its like the plant liked the training and grew accordingly. Trimming will be a breeze. This one was super easy and I didn't have to do much at all for defoliation either. In any case. it looks like its still going to be another couple weeks before she is ready, even after 10-weeks in 12/12.

Flowering Area:
:blunt:

I never got a chance to get good shots of the flowering plants today.
I did grab a shot of the Fruity OG Kush on day 25 of veg in a SIP bucket. I continue to top-water this one and it is growing pretty darn well. These SIP buckets are a bit smaller than my regular buckets, so I'm using less soil, have better watering and just look at the growth from last week.

I've started droughting the Gorilla Glue plant, not sure if I will do 2 droughts or just one, but its getting close to that harvest time.

:ganjamon:

Harvest Day!

So I snuck into the tent and staged a sneak attack on the Gorilla Glue seed #18 plant before the lights went on. This is after 82 full days of flowering. She is finally ready! Looks and smells great!
As usual, I will hang the full plant for about 10-days, then I will put the buds into a bowl with a cloth over top for probably another 3-7 days to fully dry, then into jars. Looking pretty bountiful for such a small plant.

:snowboating:

Been a while since my last update. I've been kind of down on the grow lately, the GG plant came out with big buds and nice terps, but the buds are all fluffy and not very potent. It would be OK for making hash or edibles, but I'm not really into that, so I might just toss a bunch of it.
That with humidity problems in the flower room and it adds up to some bad stuff. My Gelato plant is almost ready, so I'll get a picture tomorrow when I harvest it.

For today is a pic of the Fruity OG Kush plant after 45 full days in veg, right after I did some defoliation and a slight bit of training.

:hookah:

So I chopped the Gelato plant tonight after an even 10 weeks in flowering. The buds are small, but they are dense and they smell good, so this one should be a good smoke. It seems the plants that produce less consistently produce quality weed for me, while the bigger growing ones with giant buds tend to be less potent. Its not always the case, just seems like it most of the time.

I also trimmed about 4 ounces from the Gorilla Glue plant and tossed the rest which was probably about half the plant, so it would have been about an 8-ounce harvest, but I just took the biggest top buds. Its not as bad as I thought, but still not great.

Lol, I dunno @Azimuth because of you I have way more than I can manage to smoke or give away legally. :p You're such a troublemaker.
I'm in Canada, so I couldn't even give this stuff away, and it takes time and effort to make edibles, which I don't really like. Maybe I should get some hash-bags for times like this lol. I don't mind a little hash but prefer flower. I could give away the hash...

Well I do have a compost pile, but it's small and only active during the spring-fall months. Try to build up enough soil for the winter. I keep bags of leaves for leaf mulch too that I add to the soil.
From there its Alaska Fish Feed: 5-1-1 & then Botanicare Pure Blend: 1-4-5 for flower. I pretty much count on the soil do do its thing most of the time, but with bigger plants you do need the extra N for veg, and the extra P&K to grow bigger buds in flower.
The nice thing about the Fish Feed is it won't burn the plants, I prep my soil for veg with full strength feed, and the plants only take up what they need.

Another weekend another harvest!

Starting this week we have Fruity OG Kush, seed #1 starting the flowering stretch, this one should grow fairly big. She is looking a bit wild despite a lot of defoliation, there will be more to come.

Second up we have Wedding Cake seed #1 finishing off nicely. The buds smell a bit like perfume but in a good way. I expect another 2 weeks at least on this one.

Finally, the Gelato seed #6 having finished off some time ago, she is dried and trimmed. I ended up with 114 grams or 4oz of nice top buds. One of the nicest things about quad-lining is it leaves you with lots of top buds and its easy to trim.

Lastly, a shot of the flowering area:

Ok, back on track with another Saturday update!

Up first is the Fruity OG Kush seed #1 coming in at 2 weeks in flower and still stretching. I've done a boatload of defoliation on this one in attempts to keep the middle branches in check, but she will need more defoliation and training while getting fully into flowering soon.

Next is the Wedding Cake seed #1 finishing up. Not sure whether to harvest her soon or not, need to do a trich check soon. There are mostly red hairs and the plant is pretty yellow, so maybe I should start droughting her now. Close up she is covered with lots of crystals and has a nice smell. Hoping she comes out without any mold or anything because the humidity in the tent is slightly above where I want it.

Lastly is a shot of the flowering area:

Going to slow my roll for the summer and only maintain one or two plants due to the humidity and summertime stuff.
:bong:

Well the SIPs are certainly doing their jobs! Lots of goodness going on this week with minimal effort. Both plants are quad-lined into a rectangle shape and SIP'ed.

First up is the Fruity OG Kush seed #1 on day 21 in 12/12, she looks to be finishing her stretch and getting fully into flowering now. It took the full 3 weeks to set into flowering so I am probably looking at a longer flowering plant. I've been taking handfulls of leaves off every day and training her bit by bit, so this one should end up pretty nice. Hopefully she produces nice buds. This one is considerably taller and wider than the WC which is up next. I've been top-watering and using the SIP functionality since I don't have any cover for the top of the bucket.

Second up is the Wedding Cake seed #1 after 70 full days flowering. She is on day 10 of a drought. Probably after a few more days she will show signs of it and I will harvest. The buds look nice and dense and it looks to be some good bud. Time will tell as I still have to chop, hang, trim and dry her over the next few weeks. I did some defoliation over the past week, taking out the biggest, yellowest leaves in the middle areas to get some airflow happening.

Lastly a wide shot of the flowering tent and SIPs:

Still having issues with high humidity, but its about right for a plant in the beginning of flower. Worried about the finish of the Wedding Cake though.
:ganjamon:

Time for another harvest!

This is after 15 full days without water. The SIP holds quite a bit, plus what was in the soil, but it still seems to have taken quite a while for this plant to dry out. It's pretty small in stature, but produced lots of nice sized buds. I will harvest either after lights out today or early tomorrow morning.

:hookah:

Another Saturday, another update!

This week, all I got to show is the Fruity OG Kush seed #1, but I am very proud of it. I managed to do what's probably my best job so far of training, defoliation and feeding of this kick-ass plant! All these techniques combined with the SIP makes it super easy to maintain once into flower too. I've been taking off loads of leaves every day, any leaf that covers up bud sites has come off, and most of the inner branches have no main leaves except at the top, just the bud leaves. My humidity issues have come mostly under control, and the VPD range is pretty close to spot-on right now for an early flowering plant. I will probably drop another seed at the end of the month, but for now, just the one plant should do me fine. Lots of crystals on the leaves, so everything is looking good so far, fingers crossed!

:blunt:

Trim day!

Final day for the WC seed #1 as a whole plant. Coming in at 156g or 5.5oz: I did a trim on the semi-dry bud, and now the buds will sit in a bowl with a cloth over top for another week, for the final dry. I do it this way instead of putting into jars to prevent the hay smell you get if the buds get put into jars and burped. It seems to come from the buds re-hydrating and drying after burping etc. The drying area has been about 50-55% humidity and 20-21 degrees C, so a nice slow dry is in order.

The first shot of crystals is from a top sugar-leaf. You can see the amber trichomes quite clearly. The second sets of shots are from one of the bits of a fox-tailed bud, so the trichs are not quite as amber as the rest of the plant.

The smell is like some strange chemicals mixed with fruits and a little spice.

Gelato seed #6 smoke report:

The Gelato I harvested a while back is ready for smoking and it came out pretty nice. Its not quite as powerful a the OG Kush #14, which is my gold standard right now, but has a nice fruity terpene profile and still hits pretty well. All in all I am pretty happy with this one.

Whoo! Its been a good week, the Fruity OG Kush plant is 6 weeks old now and finally into the stage of just growing buds. This means all the work is done: there's not much more if any defoliation, training etc, to do just watering until she finishes. I've been feeding just over 5L approximately every 2 days or so, top watering about 700mL for every 2L in the tube of the SIP. The very first red hairs (stigmas) have appeared finally, so I'll predict 12-13 weeks of flowering on this plant, meaning she is only halfway through flowering. So far there is very little smell but lots of crystals on the sugar leaves & buds. The VPD range is currently a bit humid at night and pretty dry during the day, so I am hoping these techniques produce small enough buds that the humidity is not a problem. There are over 70 tops, so the buds should remain relatively small. I might need to do more lower defoliation just to keep the airflow going. Many of the lower leaves are self-defoliating anyway. Will see.

Finally, a plant that really uses a lot of water and relies heavily on the SIP to do its thing!
:bong:

Back
Top Bottom