My 2023 Perpetual Grow - Organic, Partial SIP

Time for another update!

As usual, starting from smallest to largest, we have the Wedding Cake seed #1 in a SIP. I mentioned she seemed a bit small, but has caught up now and then some. I will start overwatering her now, still top-feeding, letting the SIP fill up a bit and see how she handles the system. She was plucked and topped on day 12 of veg, and is set up nicely for quad-lining. She is only under a 40w LED, my other vegging plant is using the 100w LED, so she may soon be starved for light for a while.

Next up is Gelato seed #6 after todays training. She is 26 days old now and coming along nicely. As I said before my prev Gelato plant had a nice unique terpene profile, so I'm hoping this one comes out similar.

Next up is Gorilla Glue seed #18 after 7 days of 12/12. Starting to stretch her wings a bit and coming out looking nice for a smaller plant.

Lastly is the big assed Blueberry Kush x AK47 seed #4 stacking on the crystals. The buds haven't really grown much over the past week, so I'm hoping they start to bulk up a bit. It is starting week 7 of flowering, but I expect her to go a while yet before I start to flush. The smell so far is very nice and light. She aint the skunkiest plant, more flowery.
Thats the story for this week, burn one if u got one. :rollit:

Is it the weekend already? Time to check out the plants!

Up first is Wedding Cake seed #1 (SIP):
Damn! This plant is growing very nice for 23 days of veg. I watered her last week and have kept the SIP watered but low with just the overflow from feeding. I just started training today, letting the bottom branches grow a bit higher before I start training them as well. I will keep letting her adjust to the SIP and top-feeding when necessary until she goes into flower, then I will feed only through the tube. The soil at the very top is pretty darn dry, so I should probably top-feed again soon. I also used to have some issues with fungus gnats, and with SIP, the soil at the top is too dry for them, so it solves that problem too!

Gelato seed #6:
Not much to talk about on this one, at 33 days old she is branching pretty nicely and coming along with the quad-lining.

Gorilla Glue seed #18:
She has spread her wings a bit since last week and will probably keep stretching for a bit after 14 full days at 12/12.

Blueberry Kush x AK47 seed #4:
On day 50 of flower, I will start feeding only water now and have been letting her really dry out in between feedings. This should help the overall plant to finish faster along with the buds, as well as having other beneficial effects. I've got her a bit further from the light, and have lightened up on feeding to only 2.6L/day.

Lastly, a shot of the flowering area:

Peace!

Thanks and nope, I think my veg feed will turn to sludge at the bottom of the SIP. If I pre-mix it and let it settle, a bunch seems to sink to the bottom of the container, so I'm going to top feed till flower. They don't really seem to use a whole lot of water until flower anyway when the metabolism kicks into high gear. I'll top-feed again today or tomorrow to fill up the SIP more now and let her ride. SIP is truly the lazy mans way to grow!

Lots has been going on this week with two plants in flowering and two bigger plants in veg. Here we go!

Wedding Cake seed #1 (SIP):
Starved for light under a 40W LED, I've ordered a new 100w LED panel which is much more efficient than my 2-year old 100w panel. It should be here soon, so I should be able to veg some slightly bigger plants. This one is going pretty good though in the SIP, you can see the branching is pretty nice. I've moved some leaves etc so you can see it in the picture.

Gelato seed #6:
Coming in at 40 days old, I will grow her out for another week before putting her into flower. The previous Gelato plant I grew got a bit out of hand, but I'm hoping with better lighting & quad-lining technique it should stay under control.

Gorilla Glue seed #18:
This plant is really loving the training and has been stretching out very nicely for me! I've included a bunch of pics on this one because of how proud I am of it lol. I've really managed to grow a nice short but wide plant and I am expecting probably as much finished product as with the BBKxAK47 plant, which is much taller. I am only feeding her 2.5L every two or three days.
I've learned to do selective defoliation when quad-lining, it really seems to help to let the first inner branches get light and really stretch out so the smaller branches can grow up and take up the space in the center. This plant didn't need nearly as much defoliation as the BBKxAK47. I left the outer and under leaves in place, taking only the top leaves that cover branches/bud sites.

Blueberry Kush x AK47 Seed #4:
This plant hasn't been fed for about 3 days now. She typically goes through just over 2.5L water/day so should start showing signs of drought soon. On recommendation from @Azimuth I plan to do this again once before the end of flowering. Along with other benefits, it will help finish her up faster and use up the nutrients in all the leaves she produced. Buds are filling out nicely now after 56 full days flowering, so I'm thinking 2 or three weeks left.

Flowering Area:

I still have some questions about the specifics of defoliation and need to try some stuff out more, but other than that I think I'm really getting the hang of quad-lining here!

Things are shaping up for some big harvests and some nice plants!

Coming in at 37 days old, I already had to do some light defoliation to keep things in check. The SIP is now topped up from top-feeding, and I will probably feed just water now through the tube until flowering.

Gelato seed #6:
At 47 days old she is producing quite a lot of branching, though the main branches aren't growing as quick as I'd like. It's a delicate balance between training them down and letting them grow upward a bit, as I don't want them to get too tall, but still want them to spread out. This one will take a bit of defoliation and training to clean up over the next week since I will put her in flower today.

Gorilla Glue seed #18:
At day 29 of flower this one is coming along very nicely. I spread her out a bit more after last weeks pics and this will be her final form through flowering. I am feeding about 2.5L every 1.5 days and hope this will pick up to a nice even 2.5L/day as she fills out.

After an even 9 weeks of flowering this one is getting close. Last week I let her really dry out and it took 5 days to show signs of drought. Some of the leaves are now starting to yellow/purple up and she will hopefully finish fully by the time the buds are ready. I plan on doing one more drought right at the end of flowering, for harvest. She is taking less water as her metabolism slows down and she finishes.
I still haven't really had a chance to try out the OGK seed #14 buds that I harvested a while ago, which I droughted but it looks like the bomb.

Flowering Area:

:snowboating:

Another Saturday! Not too much excitement lately, just growing away here.

First up is the Wedding Cake seed #1 at 9 days old and looking a little small. Seems to be healthy etc. but just a little small. She is in a SIP, but I am only top watering and keeping the reservoir empty for now.

Second we have the Gelato seed #6 looking nice and green this week. She was topped after 13 days veg and is now set up for quad-lining.

Third is the Gorilla Glue seed #18 at 39 days old and damn! Lots of strong branching going on. I've had to put some work into training her because the leaves aren't big enough to suppress the branching really, so she is going wild. I'll put her into 12/12 today, not expecting a really big plant in the end, but it should be nice enough.

Lastly in flowering we have the Blueberry Kush x AK47 and she is going strong at 35 full days in flower. I expect another 5 weeks or so of growth. I've been feeding just over 3L of water/day.

Puff puff pass...:blunt:
you have some nice chunky bud going there in this journal was chatting with Azimuth earlier when i first joined the 420 club (i'm pretty new growing) and suggested SIP and from what i see i think i'll be trying SIP for next winters grow but wanted to get a couple regular soil grows in first, this SIP technique produces some killer bud, hope you don't mind me popping in every once in a while

So its been smooth sailing lately, but things are getting a bit tight in the tent. :yahoo:

Wedding Cake seed #1:
This plant is filling out nicely. You may not be able to tell, but I'm trying to grow it out in a rectangle shape, hopefully about 2'x3' in flowering, so I can fit the damn thing in the tent. I'm using training and the cover of leaves to see if I can suppress the sideways branching a bit and keep it going out lengthwise.

Gelato seed #6:
At 8 days in 12/12 this plant has gone a bit wild, I pretty much just let her go over the past week then trained everything outward yesterday. It needs some work over the next week.

Gorilla Glue seed #18:
Day 36 of flowering and what a big difference in bud size between this and last week! I have to say she is filling out nicely and putting on some good weight.

On day 71 of flowering, this plant needs some more help finishing up. She just doesn't want to finish. I'll have to let her go at least another week.

Flowering Area:

:hookah:

So its been smooth sailing lately, but things are getting a bit tight in the tent. :yahoo:

Wedding Cake seed #1:
This plant is filling out nicely. You may not be able to tell, but I'm trying to grow it out in a rectangle shape, hopefully about 2'x3' in flowering, so I can fit the damn thing in the tent. I'm using training and the cover of leaves to see if I can suppress the sideways branching a bit and keep it going out lengthwise.

Gelato seed #6:
At 8 days in 12/12 this plant has gone a bit wild, I pretty much just let her go over the past week then trained everything outward yesterday. It needs some work over the next week.

Gorilla Glue seed #18:
Day 36 of flowering and what a big difference in bud size between this and last week! I have to say she is filling out nicely and putting on some good weight.

On day 71 of flowering, this plant needs some more help finishing up. She just doesn't want to finish. I'll have to let her go at least another week.

Flowering Area:

:hookah:
great looking bunch some huge & frosty looking buds

Woo its the weekend!

First up today is the Wedding Cake seed #1 coming in at 51 days veg in a SIP. It may not seem like she has grown much since last week, but it seems most of the energy has been put into branching. I've had to work a bit to keep it in check and trying to grow a rectangle plant as mentioned before. I am topping up the SIP every 2 days or so at about .75L of water/day so far. The center leaves got a bit too much light, so they started yellowing up a bit, but overall the plant is doing pretty good. I'm using 2 100W LED panels side by side to make sure the long ends get lots of light. Probably will throw her into flower in a couple days.

Gelato seed #6 after 2 weeks in the flowering tent is starting to create some small flowers now. She will probably stretch for another week before getting hard into flowering and putting on weight. Really looking forward to the unique terpene profile on this one.

Gorilla Glue seed #18 after 6 weeks of flowering and looking good. The buds continue to fatten up, but she is only going through 2.5L of feed every 2-3 days being such a short plant.

Blueberry Kush x AK47 seed #4 is almost done. I'm going to do about another week then she will get the chop. That said, I will also stop feeding on monday or so and let her dry out for 4-5 days before chopping. Looking like nice tight buds, but not the best quadlining technique on this one. I could have probably gotten a fair bit more bud with better technique. If you look closely you can see there are still some white pistils showing but most are finished and the trichs are ambering up a bit.

Flowering Area:

OG Kush seed #14 smoke report:
I finally sat down and tried out the OGK #14 after an almost 2 month cure and she is smelling nice and fresh, the terps are definitely more pronounced than the previous OG Kush plants. Potency is definitely there too. Overall I am very pleased with the results!

:ganjamon:

Woo its the weekend!

First up today is the Wedding Cake seed #1 coming in at 51 days veg in a SIP. It may not seem like she has grown much since last week, but it seems most of the energy has been put into branching. I've had to work a bit to keep it in check and trying to grow a rectangle plant as mentioned before. I am topping up the SIP every 2 days or so at about .75L of water/day so far. The center leaves got a bit too much light, so they started yellowing up a bit, but overall the plant is doing pretty good. I'm using 2 100W LED panels side by side to make sure the long ends get lots of light. Probably will throw her into flower in a couple days.

Gelato seed #6 after 2 weeks in the flowering tent is starting to create some small flowers now. She will probably stretch for another week before getting hard into flowering and putting on weight. Really looking forward to the unique terpene profile on this one.

Gorilla Glue seed #18 after 6 weeks of flowering and looking good. The buds continue to fatten up, but she is only going through 2.5L of feed every 2-3 days being such a short plant.

Blueberry Kush x AK47 seed #4 is almost done. I'm going to do about another week then she will get the chop. That said, I will also stop feeding on monday or so and let her dry out for 4-5 days before chopping. Looking like nice tight buds, but not the best quadlining technique on this one. I could have probably gotten a fair bit more bud with better technique. If you look closely you can see there are still some white pistils showing but most are finished and the trichs are ambering up a bit.

Flowering Area:

OG Kush seed #14 smoke report:
I finally sat down and tried out the OGK #14 after an almost 2 month cure and she is smelling nice and fresh, the terps are definitely more pronounced than the previous OG Kush plants. Potency is definitely there too. Overall I am very pleased with the results!

:ganjamon:
they are looking good that BlueBerry has some nice fat buds

Just a quick update today. I harvested the Blueberry Kush X AK47 last night and damn that is a big plant. I would have liked to see more yellow leaves, but it is what it is I guess. The light blueberry smells are really coming out now and from everything I can tell she is about ready after 132 days total/82.5 days flower.

After droughting it for a while, I will let it hang now as a full plant for 7-10 days in my drying room which is about 17-19C and about 40-45% humidity right now.

:blunt:

Holy flowering cannabis plants batman!

Up today first, she is looking kinda crappy, I have been neglecting her and just feeding water through the tube, when I should have been top feeding a little bit of veg feed. She got a bit burnt in the middle, and that with the combination of lack of feed, she went a little yellow in the middle. Hopefully will come back quickly with a nice feed of rotting fish feed. The stuff smells awful but it works lol. Today will be Day 1 of flowering, so after today she will be fed full strength flowering nutes through the tube until finish.

Gelato seed #6:
Next up I have been kind of neglecting this one as well, but its coming along pretty nicely. Guess I was wrong last Saturday post, she didn't stretch at all this last week, just went straight into flowering, which should indicate that this one will finish up relatively quickly.

Gorilla Glue seed #18:
My prized flowering plant! The pistils are starting to show their colors quite a bit and the lower leaves that aren't getting much light are starting to die off on their own.

Flowering Area:
The two older flowering plants in all their glory!

I will also be popping an OG Kush x Fruity Pebbles (Fruity OG Kush) seed today!
:cool:

Smelling very nice in the flowering tent today!

Up first is the newly sprouted Fruity OG Kush seed #1 on day 4 out of soil. And what is that? Is that another SIP bucket? I don't know where these things are coming from, they seem to keep popping up out of nowhere! This seed was a freebie, but the crosses from this seedbank seem to be grow very nicely so I'm hoping for good things.

Second up we have the Wedding Cake seed #1. This plant needs some more work over the next week, so will see how she develops. It didn't get as big as I wanted for the veg time involved, but I shouldn't have neglected it so much...

Third is the Gelato seed #6 which is just starting on its flowering journey at 4 weeks flower. The buds are starting to form nicely and the canopy is nice and even.

Lastly is the Gorilla Glue seed #18 and smelling very nice! It reminds me of bubblegum, but its like some kind of cannabis flavored gum or something. After 8 weeks of flower, I have just started flushing her and she obviously has a ways to go yet.

Flowering Area:

:smokin:

And what is that? Is that another SIP bucket? I don't know where these things are coming from, they seem to keep popping up out of nowhere!
:laughtwo:

Growing in SIPs is really quite fun and a bit addicting so I'm not surprised to see them proliferate.

Nice looking plants you've got growing on. :thumb:

Harvest results!

So from the Blueberry Kush x AK47 seed #4 I got 236g or 8 ounces! It took me all morning and part of the afternoon to trim. I put some effort into doing a good job, so it took a while. I will follow up with a smoke report in a month or two, after I have it fully dried and cured. It will probably go into jars tomorrow sometime, as it is still has a bit too much moisture content to put into jars.

I added a shot of a big bud with fan leaves removed and a series that shows the growth of the buds.

You can see from the crystals, she could have gone another week probably, but they will amber up a bit more during curing.

Hmm, something smells funny in here. Pretty awesome really!

Starting off today is the Fruity OG Kush seed #1 coming in at 10 days of growth. Something ate a hole in one of the leaves, but other that that she is doing pretty good. The roots should be well established, so I've been lightly top-feeding veg feed, and now will start overwatering in order to fill up the SIP and let it rock out.

Next up is the Wedding Cake, seed #1 at 14 days of flower. The canopy is pretty even considering I've done very little with this plant, and pretty well neglected it most of the time. Its in a SIP, so I keep forgetting about it!

Up third is the Gelato seed #6 after 35 days flowering. Some of the stigmas are turning color already, and she is growing nice tight buds. The last Gelato plant I had had much different structure, with big fat pistils and it was slightly fluffy, but dank. Hoping the smell and flavors are similar in this one.

Lastly is the big dog, Gorilla Glue seed #18 after 63 days flowering and going strong. She is starting to finish up in the leaves etc, so I will wait until later to begin droughting. I began the flush a while ago, so everything is coming along nicely.

Flowering Area:

I ended up leaving the BBKxAK47 buds I harvested in a big bowl with a cloth over top for a while, and then put into jars. It seems to have helped preserve more of the terps instead of putting into jars and burping. Anyway, it smells real nice, can't wait to give it a real try it after it cures!

:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom