Bruce Banner Marries A Watermelon - SIP Grow

Day 93 and day 65 of flower, week 9 of flower

Well opened the tent to see 4 big colas completely bent over and creased at the stalk!! Bamboo and gardening wire to the rescue!!!

Having to handle them as much as I just did they have some weight and man o man are they sticky!!

I also noticed a dead spot on the backside of one of the WG colas

IMG_3009.jpeg

Think this is just leave die off or??

Got lots of pics so will make a couple of posts.
It looks like start of bud rot. I would just cut that flower and open up at the curled up leaves.

Good luck! Cheers!

It looks like start of bud rot. I would just cut that flower and open up at the curled up leaves.

Good luck! Cheers!
Agreed! And chopped!
Broke it open and then chopped it. Now going to pull the good bits and toss the rot.

I’m using my “male” measuring and calling it 10” haha

IMG_3011.jpeg

IMG_3012.jpeg

IMG_3013.jpeg

IMG_3014.jpeg

IMG_3015.jpeg

I was able to save most of it.

Stoner move. I turned off my fans to take photo stacked pictures last week and forgot to turn the on blowing across the top of the plant back on….

Or it’s a result of the humidity spike I had a few weeks back. Either way glad I caught it!

And I’m not seeing any additional signs. But with where these plants are at in flower and the way the trichs look I might just chop this weekend. Might be a few days early but I would rather be safe than sorry!

Bottom plate is trash

IMG_3016.jpeg

I was able to save most of it.

Stoner move. I turned off my fans to take photo stacked pictures last week and forgot to turn the on blowing across the top of the plant back on….

Or it’s a result of the humidity spike I had a few weeks back. Either way glad I caught it!

And I’m not seeing any additional signs. But with where these plants are at in flower and the way the trichs look I might just chop this weekend. Might be a few days early but I would rather be safe than sorry!

Bottom plate is trash

IMG_3016.jpeg
Eyes open, head on a swivel. If there's one, a chance there's others.

Ok opinions wanted.

I am think it’s best to chop tomorrow considering where the trichs are and the discovery of bud rot today.

Thoughts? Am I playing it to cautiously?

That would be my call. The botrytis spores are already in the environment.
With that being said…

Any thoughts on how to proceed with the hang? Proceed as normal and try to keep RH at or around 60%?

Can’t say it enough but this community is amazing!

Most certainly feel the love and the genuine input.

Watching an Italy themed Chopped on tv so I will say Graci!

With that being said…

Any thoughts on how to proceed with the hang? Proceed as normal and try to keep RH at or around 60%?
I always wet trim the plant before hanging, regardless. My environment is 68f 60h, dark room, fan blowing indirectly.

If you have worries of the rot spreading or spores you could bud wash. There are several diff diy solution options. There is no guarantee, ever.

But I have done both successfully

I would pull the fan leaves and try to keep the first 24 hours closer to 50% to drive off the initial moisture. Then slowly raise it over the rest of the week until you're at 62% or so.
Yes definitely wouldn't hurt to keep it drier to stave off any additional growth at first.

I really, really don’t want to have to bud wash unless it’s a must.

I was born and raised in Vegas so im going to roll that dice.

Chop, trim fan and big leaves, I have some cool “hangers” that can hole like 15 branches on each one to help keep space between each branch.

3 circulation fans will remain on and both the extraction and intake fans will remain on, but will be controlled by the 69pro to keep the RH where I want it.

Day 94 and day 66 of flower, week 9 of flower

Chop day!!

Watermelon was a monster!!! Wedding gelato was also pretty big but the banner wasn’t such a big harvest.

They are all hanging in the tent now, lights off, circulation fan at the lower section of the tent and controller set to keep RH at 48% using intake and extraction fans.

Will roll like that for the first 48 hours and then creep the humidity up.

IMG_3020.jpeg

IMG_3021.jpeg

IMG_3022.jpeg

IMG_3023.jpeg

IMG_3024.jpeg

IMG_3025.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom