My First Grow - Bubbleicious in Deep Water Culture

Mr. Mojo

Hi everyone,

Just migrated here from another site. I had a grow journal on that site and thought I would continue it here. First are some details on my grow and some pics. Sorry for people that have read this before. Right now I'm in week 5 of 12/12. Bud sites all over the place. I'm hoping to harvest the second week of February.

This is my first grow ever. After reading up on this method of growing I decided to give it a shot. I am growing 4 bubbleicious plants from feminized seeds I got from Nirvana. I had some problems in the beginning with overfeeding and nute burn, but everything seems to be going fine now.

I recently added a dehumidifier to my system and controlling humidity at 43%. I also had to start keeping my tent door open to add some more lighting to bud sites that were developing in the front and getting no light. All I can say is that my Mountain Air carbon filter is working wonders. It controls odor 100% when my tent is closed. Open, I also have started using Ona to control odor.

Now my question is about the pics of my buds below. They are starting to fill in, but slowly. Do they look right for about 5 weeks? Is there anything I should do to help them bulk up?

Running with GH 3 part system in a 2-2-3 ratio (Gro-Micro-Bloom). Supplement with cal-mag and liquid karma. Running about 1200ppm.

water temp: 61
air temp: 71 high - 65 low
pH: 5.9

Thank you!!

Equipment:
DR80 Grow Tent (34" x 34" x 63")
Deep Water Culture system from SH
4" Vortex fan with a HEPA filter for air intake to the tent
6" Vortex fan for ventilation out of the tank into a 6" Mountain Air Carbon Filter
5 6" airstones
Sunleaves 600 gph air pump
2 x 85w CFL, 1 2700k, 1 6500k
2 x 65w CFL, 1 2700k, 1 6500k
2 x 42w CFL, 2 2700k
4 x 48" T-5 vertically in each corner of the tent. Ran 6500k for veg, switched to 3000k for flowering.
250W Hortilux HPS in a Cool Tube

Pics:

tent11.jpg

pic310.jpg

pic215.jpg

pic115.jpg

Hello thanks for joining 420 friend! Thank you for sharing your first grow ...It seems that this Deep Water Culture is very user friendly! You have done very well! I am a soil guy. Since YOU and all the other Deep Water Culture showing and sharing this Set-up I am so excited to try. Thanks AGain... Mr. Mojo :goodjob:

Nice Grow, Standing Room Only For Sure !!! You Might Want To Lolli-Pop The Next Grow To Help Air Flow ?? Just A Thought.
But, Hats Off On The First One & Congrat's, Won't Be Long You Will Be Blazing Your Own Herb !!! EH !!!

Thanks for the comments and the welcome guys!

Next grow I'm definitely going to train them better from the start. These got out of control on me really fast since I had no idea what to expect or what I was doing. I probably will only do 3 plants as well. This grow got me comfortable with topping. Not sure I'm ready to tackle lolli-popping. I just started reading about it.

I was hoping mine would stay nice and slim like screwnuts looks. Not sure what I did to create the Amazon Jungle in a tent. There sure are a lot of buds, but they don't seem as full as screwnuts' did at 5 weeks.

Screwnuts, did you bottom trim the plant?

Some strains just branch and some tend to single cola it. Might want to look into some 100% indicas. Not real big on actual lollypopping. If I felt compeled to trim the bottom I'd do it slowly so as not to shock the plant. Maybe a little cautious but first time with any strain is a learning experience.

Either way you grow looks great and it too much greenage is your only problem you don't have a problem! LOL! You've got the sidelights for a reason.

Next grow is Northern Lights. I ordered some feminized seeds a couple weeks ago. I plan on starting that one the day after I harvest this. Finish that one by mid May and take the summer off.

After that, The Weed, take a look out your window. I'll be the boat in the bay with the huge cloud of smoke coming from the stern while fishing. :ganjamon::;): We might be neighbors.

looks good man. from the way i understand it the final wight comes in the last couple of weeks. that's how it happened to me anyways.

:allgood: Mr. Mojo I am Right on the Bay Brother! And I will Smell You My good friend! :passitleft:
Great Growing, So you think 3 plants would be a good idea to Max out that set-up? I am buying one! Thanks Pal!

:allgood: Mr. Mojo I am Right on the Bay Brother! And I will Smell You My good friend! :passitleft:
Great Growing, So you think 3 plants would be a good idea to Max out that set-up? I am buying one! Thanks Pal!

I think 4 would be fine if it's not enclosed. I have my grow enclosed in a 33" x 33" tent. It's busting at the seams full. If I was outside the tent I think 4 plants is doable. I have one plant getting smothered and the buds on that one are very small due to not getting enough light through the canopy of the monster. I see it as a waste of a good feminized seed. I just think in my situation, 3 is max to get the best possible results from a grow.

I agree! It does depend on the strain a bit. I've done 3 or 4 and that allows you to move the plants aroundenough to max out the harvest. 4 corners is my favorite but it gets real crowded unless you tip the netpots to cover a wide growing area. Doing two this time and since my strain spreads out I can fill a 3x3 area with just two with a 6 week veg to 14-16".

hey mojo, everything looks great. im about a week behind you. well kind of. i'll be starting my 5th week on sunday. I'm growing white widow and white rhino. we'll have to compare at harves time. keep up the good work.

Thanks guys!!

I think I'll get a handful of grows under my belt before even thinking about Lollipopping. I still feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm learning a lot from this grow and the posts here. Taking Roseman's tutorials on how to do it and getting advice from MostlyCrazy on my nutes has made all the difference. They make it so that anyone can grow like this.

Just since my last post I can see my buds starting to really get bigger and trichromes getting thicker. I've also added 4 more 42w 2700k bulbs to the side. I'll post some more pictures next week.

Back
Top Bottom