My First Grow: Georgia Pie

I’ve got my research cut out for me tonight, the post was very informative I loved how it was step by step very beginner friendly thank you😊

Thank you so much, I plan to look on youtube as well, so much information on there it’s easy to get lost. Training methods are for both? It will be okay even if they aren’t autos? Or are they auto specific ? 🤔
Yes LST is for autos, because I don't think you can stress them as much as photos, with photos they can be topped and FIM ..

LST is for photos or autos, and most of the auto growers I follow top their autoflower plants, even though I never did when I grew them!

I have a thread on LST for anyone interested:

But LST does make plants much wider, which is why I didn't necessarily recommend it given the light's coverage in a 4x4.

LST is for photos or autos, and most of the auto growers I follow all top their autoflower plants, even though I never did when I grew them!

I have a thread on LST for anyone interested:

But LST does make plants much wider, which is why I didn't necessarily recommend it given the light's coverage in a 4x4.
Ok thanks for clarifying that because I was under the wrong impression, I didn't know that auto's could be topped but I am new as well to this. So again thank you 👍👍💚

Day 24(12/15)

Good Morning,

Happy Thursday everyone, I did not update yesterday because honestly there was not much to update on, everything visually looked the same. This morning I top dressed with Gaia Greens -444 and worked it into the top soil a bit. The RH got a bit high (85-87) due to all the rain we had yesterday, but the girls seem to love it. I have changed the setting so that the temp does not dip below 70, and I am continuing my research with SIP, FIM, and other training techniques. GP3 is recovering from her fall, GP2 is sporting her first set of 5 finger leaves, and GP1 is sporting new growth which appears to be another set of 5 finger leaves. I have automated the lights, humidity, and temp controls so I will be able to monitor and change them if necessary while I am out of town for the weekend.

Happy Growing☺️

3FBC5BB3-B74E-4516-9A47-AFF0DEA02A4B.jpeg

2C5695EE-91A6-4DAB-9432-587416C7746C.jpeg

C3F8E98A-E34C-4D0B-9923-AFF65B9810AC.jpeg

E7F380E7-486D-49EF-B64C-6B328C90DA81.jpeg

Day 24(12/15)

Good Morning,

Happy Thursday everyone, I did not update yesterday because honestly there was not much to update on, everything visually looked the same. This morning I top dressed with Gaia Greens -444 and worked it into the top soil a bit. The RH got a bit high (85-87) due to all the rain we had yesterday, but the girls seem to love it. I have changed the setting so that the temp does not dip below 70, and I am continuing my research with SIP, FIM, and other training techniques. GP3 is recovering from her fall, GP2 is sporting her first set of 5 finger leaves, and GP1 is sporting new growth which appears to be another set of 5 finger leaves. I have automated the lights, humidity, and temp controls so I will be able to monitor and change them if necessary while I am out of town for the weekend.

Happy Growing☺️

3FBC5BB3-B74E-4516-9A47-AFF0DEA02A4B.jpeg

2C5695EE-91A6-4DAB-9432-587416C7746C.jpeg

C3F8E98A-E34C-4D0B-9923-AFF65B9810AC.jpeg

E7F380E7-486D-49EF-B64C-6B328C90DA81.jpeg
Hope you have a nice weekend away. :thumb:
Girls are enjoying the rh.:yahoo:looking good.
If your researching SIP's did you check my potting method.
Bill284 Method in my Heavens Shores thread.
Easier than sip, great growth , almost impossible to overwater.
Just 2 cents.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:

Hope you have a nice weekend away. :thumb:
Girls are enjoying the rh.:yahoo:looking good.
If your researching SIP's did you check my potting method.
Bill284 Method in my Heavens Shores thread.
Easier than sip, great growth , almost impossible to overwater.
Just 2 cents.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 :cool:
Advice and suggestions are always welcome :) I'll head over and look into it now. Thank you for suggesting it, there are so many methods I definitely want to learn about them all. Thank you, i'll be in NV visiting it's basically my second home at this point:laugh:

Day 28 (12/19)- Happy Monday (Update)
There’s some good and some bad, but nothing that I think I can’t overcome and fix.
Friday (12/16)- The day I left, controls were automated basically everything but the water I could and did control. GP3’s roots were still not long enough to transplant into her 0.5 gallon pot so she stayed in her solo cup. GP1 and GP2 also remained in their 0.5 gallon pots and I knew i would transplant them both into gallon pots when I returned everyone was watered and happy on Friday. GP1 is closest to the camera, with GP2 behind it, and GP3 in her little pink solo cup
F7D47FD8-C67D-4B3F-8855-E7EA9279D086.jpeg

Saturday(12/17- While I checked the cameras, temps, RH.. everything was fine and the girls were still doing pretty good, i could have sworn I snapped a picture but I can’t seem to find it🫣🤨🤔

Sunday(12/18) - I checked the cameras, temps, RH and those were fine but i noticed GP1 going limp… for some reason she drinks faster than the others in this would be the day I would water her but I was gone and hoping she could hold on till I arrived today Monday morning I got in at 5:30am and arrived back home around 8:30ish, ready for the worst.
585FFE32-6A89-4E15-A430-64B909815A23.jpeg

Monday -(12/19 Today)Which brings me to today Monday.
I arrived and GP1’s bottom 3 finger leaves were crunchy yellow and dead. I gave her a haircut and cut off 3 of the dead leaves and left two semi discolored leaves on because they were not dead exactly, I also transplanted her into her gallon pot as she was more than ready for it, top dressed with a bit tbs of Gaia green 444, and gave her a much needed watering. New growth at the top os still green so I feel like with some TLC she can be saved
387BB238-C310-458C-8815-00F4699DC685.jpeg
962AB058-F71C-466D-AAC8-213242F86761.jpeg
A79239CA-BEAF-43EF-9136-E9EAA1430612.jpeg

GP2- Showed the beginning signs of dehydration, with slight crinkling on two leaves but no discoloration, she had a growth spurt. She was transplanted into a gallon pot, top dressed with tbs of gaia greens 444 and watered.
11C417D1-9526-4602-B04B-9EE8BB17292A.jpeg
FF90CDD6-EF5D-4F8B-837D-28A9BB32AC1D.jpeg
0AD31AE3-FCA1-44C7-8E44-7B19F1152CD6.jpeg

GP3- She showed no signs of dehydration and actually had a growth spurt, she was finally ready to be transplanted out of her solo cup and she received her 0.5 gallon pot, top dressed with 0.5 tbs of gaia greens 444 and was watered as well. She looks like she is starting to thrive and has completely recovered from her tumble.
27C7377C-C2B2-4279-84EB-D333BCD21238.jpeg
FEA78FD2-BA9B-4F30-AA30-92DAF1F774B6.jpeg

My mycorrhizae still hasn’t been delivered 😓 unfortunately, and I have ordered more fox farms soil as well. I am also looking into automated watering only for when I go out of state as I enjoy the act of manually watering and talking to the girls. So this doesn’t happen again, I did look into SIP and i’m still undecided. I will have to do more research. I figured I wouldn’t arrive back without any problems, i expected some wilting but not full on death of leaves, how quickly things can change. I can’t wait to catchup on all the journals i’ve missed. I had a wonderful time in NV, I always do.

Happy Growing🤗

Day 28- Continued
This is what they currently look like now with GP3 in front, GP2 on the right and GP1 on the left. I couldn’t attach this to the last post due to the 10 file max.
21DA88F2-D3FA-4624-AF89-7739AFA5F2E3.jpeg

As GP1 grows and new growth sprouts and gets bigger with more fan leaves, eventually I will cut the rest of the damage. For now, she will keep it to help with light intake. Plus I didn’t want to put her through too much in one day, hopefully in 2 weeks or so, if growth permits it.

Happy Growing🤗

Day 28- Continued
This is what they currently look like now with GP3 in front, GP2 on the right and GP1 on the left. I couldn’t attach this to the last post due to the 10 file max.
21DA88F2-D3FA-4624-AF89-7739AFA5F2E3.jpeg

As GP1 grows and new growth sprouts and gets bigger with more fan leaves, eventually I will cut the rest of the damage. For now, she will keep it to help with light intake. Plus I didn’t want to put her through too much in one day, hopefully in 2 weeks or so, if growth permits it.

Happy Growing🤗
Hey CH, I hope your weekend is super fine.
Are your plants looking a little droopy and leaves a little crinkled in the last picture? How soon after watering was this shot taken? I'm just wondering if, your time away aside, these plants might not be getting too much water at the moment? Otherwise they look green and well, GP1 maybe not so much right now.

Hey CH, I hope your weekend is super fine.
Are your plants looking a little droopy and leaves a little crinkled in the last picture? How soon after watering was this shot taken? I'm just wondering if, your time away aside, these plants might not be getting too much water at the moment? Otherwise they look green and well, GP1 maybe not so much right now.
Thanks so much, I hope you had an amazing weekend as well. The pictures were taken right after transplant and watering, so I would say maybe 5-10 minutes would have passed. It just took awhile for me to post my update due to unpacking, and a much needed nap😂.I did not expect them to perk up till tomorrow just because of transplanting. GP2 and GP3 received a very light watering as they did not need nearly as much as GP1, although it’s definitely possible I over watered them. I will keep a look out for any more signs. I usually water them every other day or every 2 days as needed, and GP1 every other day. I hope they will perk up soon if not tonight, tomorrow morning by the latest. Are there any signs I should look for? Thank you again for your guidance and advice

Thanks so much, I hope you had an amazing weekend as well. The pictures were taken right after transplant and watering, so I would say maybe 5-10 minutes would have passed. It just took awhile for me to post my update due to unpacking, and a much needed nap😂.I did not expect them to perk up till tomorrow just because of transplanting. GP2 and GP3 received a very light watering as they did not need nearly as much as GP1, although it’s definitely possible I over watered them. I will keep a look out for any more signs. I usually water them every other day or every 2 days as needed, and GP1 every other day. I hope they will perk up soon if not tonight, tomorrow morning by the latest. Are there any signs I should look for? Thank you again for your guidance and advice
No, it's fine. If you had just watered them, that accounts for the slight droop. They look great.

Day 28 (12/19)- Happy Monday (Update)
There’s some good and some bad, but nothing that I think I can’t overcome and fix.
Friday (12/16)- The day I left, controls were automated basically everything but the water I could and did control. GP3’s roots were still not long enough to transplant into her 0.5 gallon pot so she stayed in her solo cup. GP1 and GP2 also remained in their 0.5 gallon pots and I knew i would transplant them both into gallon pots when I returned everyone was watered and happy on Friday. GP1 is closest to the camera, with GP2 behind it, and GP3 in her little pink solo cup
F7D47FD8-C67D-4B3F-8855-E7EA9279D086.jpeg

Saturday(12/17- While I checked the cameras, temps, RH.. everything was fine and the girls were still doing pretty good, i could have sworn I snapped a picture but I can’t seem to find it🫣🤨🤔

Sunday(12/18) - I checked the cameras, temps, RH and those were fine but i noticed GP1 going limp… for some reason she drinks faster than the others in this would be the day I would water her but I was gone and hoping she could hold on till I arrived today Monday morning I got in at 5:30am and arrived back home around 8:30ish, ready for the worst.
585FFE32-6A89-4E15-A430-64B909815A23.jpeg

Monday -(12/19 Today)Which brings me to today Monday.
I arrived and GP1’s bottom 3 finger leaves were crunchy yellow and dead. I gave her a haircut and cut off 3 of the dead leaves and left two semi discolored leaves on because they were not dead exactly, I also transplanted her into her gallon pot as she was more than ready for it, top dressed with a bit tbs of Gaia green 444, and gave her a much needed watering. New growth at the top os still green so I feel like with some TLC she can be saved
387BB238-C310-458C-8815-00F4699DC685.jpeg
962AB058-F71C-466D-AAC8-213242F86761.jpeg
A79239CA-BEAF-43EF-9136-E9EAA1430612.jpeg

GP2- Showed the beginning signs of dehydration, with slight crinkling on two leaves but no discoloration, she had a growth spurt. She was transplanted into a gallon pot, top dressed with tbs of gaia greens 444 and watered.
11C417D1-9526-4602-B04B-9EE8BB17292A.jpeg
FF90CDD6-EF5D-4F8B-837D-28A9BB32AC1D.jpeg
0AD31AE3-FCA1-44C7-8E44-7B19F1152CD6.jpeg

GP3- She showed no signs of dehydration and actually had a growth spurt, she was finally ready to be transplanted out of her solo cup and she received her 0.5 gallon pot, top dressed with 0.5 tbs of gaia greens 444 and was watered as well. She looks like she is starting to thrive and has completely recovered from her tumble.
27C7377C-C2B2-4279-84EB-D333BCD21238.jpeg
FEA78FD2-BA9B-4F30-AA30-92DAF1F774B6.jpeg

My mycorrhizae still hasn’t been delivered 😓 unfortunately, and I have ordered more fox farms soil as well. I am also looking into automated watering only for when I go out of state as I enjoy the act of manually watering and talking to the girls. So this doesn’t happen again, I did look into SIP and i’m still undecided. I will have to do more research. I figured I wouldn’t arrive back without any problems, i expected some wilting but not full on death of leaves, how quickly things can change. I can’t wait to catchup on all the journals i’ve missed. I had a wonderful time in NV, I always do.

Happy Growing🤗
They are looking great... Sip is a a game changer 👍👍. And if you like it water manually home Depot has the automatic water pots like I have, and they work great and you can still water regularly, cuz now that princess is in flower I have to water her daily because I don't fill my reservoir all the way up because I too like to open the tent water my plant look at it touch it etc.

They are looking great... Sip is a a game changer 👍👍. And if you like it water manually home Depot has the automatic water pots like I have, and they work great and you can still water regularly, cuz now that princess is in flower I have to water her daily because I don't fill my reservoir all the way up because I too like to open the tent water my plant look at it touch it etc.
This is the it.. just a suggestion..

Screenshot_20221220-100107.png

This is the it.. just a suggestion..

Screenshot_20221220-100107.png
Thank you so much, I should have went to home depot! I went to two different menards with garden centers, one super walmart(with a garden center) , and one lowes trying to find something similar before my trip but was told that it was seasonal and I would probably have to order it. All the stores listed above only had standard pots in my area none with reservoirs. I did not go to home depot, I didn't even think of it and there's one 10 minutes away. I'll be taking a trip later this afternoon :thanks:

Looking good.
Yea as I suspected she was drinking more than you could afford to stay away happened to me before too that’s why I knew to remind you water before walking out the door.
Luckily tho she took a little damage cannabis enjoys a wet dry cycle with the method you’re growing.
So things will bounce back fairly quickly once she gets her water.
During dry cycles the roots go searching for water, so tho she shows a little damage up top she was doing a lot of work below that will make leaving her without water harder to do.

As far as the SIPS go they really are set it and forget it.
Gro buckets are inserts you can use so all you have to do is drill a hole and insert bottom add soil and water.
Takes a lot of the work out of it and gets you straight to the results

Hope you enjoyed your trip! It was cold this weekend hope you bundled up!

Edit* for punctuation and spelling sorry this was my first reply of the morning no smoke or coffee yet 😂

Day 29 -(12/20)
Happy Tuesday everyone😀. GP1 and GP3 leaves have perked up and GP1’s leaves still have the permanent marks of dehydration. GP2’s leaves are a bit droopy so she might have been over watered. But they all seem to be settling nicely into their new pots. Yesterday I had them on high RH between 85-90 since they seem to love it and these are the results and pictures, and I will continue the high RH today as well.

GP1
A5B8EFE6-1FA9-4665-801E-523FF7F9C93E.jpeg

GP2
1230B8E8-4CC4-4A60-B8F0-A35F4B94B55E.jpeg

GP3
ED9FF49A-5B14-4252-A001-6ADE375FD0E3.jpeg

Happy Growing😀

Back
Top Bottom