My First Grow: I'm From Alberta Canada & Got My ACMPR

I'm old school. I prefer HPS for flowering. I use a Hortilux enhanced spectrum 600w along with 2 48" T5HO 6400k sunblasters at the edges

420-magazine-mobile1504088127.jpg

Man this is what I'm talking about!! Beautiful work my friend.

How long can they stay under the T5? 2 weeks? Is that too long if I have them transplanted in solo cups ? And when I do water do I just spray and moisten the surface of the media or do I water until I see water flow out the bottom ?

How long can they stay under the T5? 2 weeks? Is that too long if I have them transplanted in solo cups ? And when I do water do I just spray and moisten the surface of the media or do I water until I see water flow out the bottom ?

Overwatering is the most common mistake new growers make. You want the roots to search for water. Lift your pots to see how heavy they are. Put your finger down into the soil. If it comes out with dirt on it, then it's wet enough. Generally, if the plants not dripping, you don't need to water it. They need air as much as they need water.

Overwatering is the most common mistake new growers make. You want the roots to search for water. Lift your pots to see how heavy they are. Put your finger down into the soil. If it comes out with dirt on it, then it's wet enough. Generally, if the plants not dripping, you don't need to water it. They need air as much as they need water.

*drooping... not dripping

420-magazine-mobile495970614.jpg

Day 6 update.

How come some leafs are cupped and some are drooping?

Do you think the one on the right side has a chance? There is a tap root showing on the bottom side of the plug.

Those look ok. The first set(s) of leaves will die and fall off. They'll come. As for the one on the right, cover that root. She'll be ok. Remember, moist not wet.

The taproot or the thing at the top? I though that was a weak seedling. Is that green thing the root?

The taproot or the thing at the top? I though that was a weak seedling. Is that green thing the root?

To me it looks like the shell of the seed may still be stuck on the top. That's OK. The green part is the leaves and the white is the taproot. Get that route covered up gently, and leave the rest, maybe one third at most above soil. Do not, do not, do not try to remove the shell from the leaves. It'll come off on its own. Also I suggest you ride that T5 right on top of them. Maybe 3 inches above them or even less. The closer the better at this point. Just keep your eye on the heat.

To me it looks like the shell of the seed may still be stuck on the top. That's OK. The green part is the leaves and the white is the taproot. Get that route covered up gently, and leave the rest, maybe one third at most above soil. Do not, do not, do not try to remove the shell from the leaves. It'll come off on its own. Also I suggest you ride that T5 right on top of them. Maybe 3 inches above them or even less. The closer the better at this point. Just keep your eye on the heat.

Should I take the dome lid off? It's a 7" nano dome.

And if I do what can I do to contain humidity around the seedlings?

Back
Top Bottom