My First Grow - Only One Autoflower Plant Under CFLs - Help Me Not Screw This Up!

Re: My first grow, only one autoflower plant under CFLs. Help me not screw this up!

YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS YOU GUYS!

We have a cute little plant getting started! :high-five:

It just barely popped the surface, but sure enough... glorious as ever. There isn't much to show right now but I'm so pumped that I might as well post a picture. Look hard! Also the picture is sideways because I'm an idiot but whatever.

Now the good stuff starts. Wait until I get those two little leaves to start my light? Or now? Any suggestions you want.

BTW, I'm naming her Gertrude. Seems like a fat girl name, and I'm hoping.

Toke one for Gerty tonight and wish me luck.

Re: My first grow, only one autoflower plant under CFLs. Help me not screw this up!

grats man :) im outta smoke but ill raise a beer to gerty!!

you can throw the lights on now if you want, it won't hurt. with CFL'S you're gonna want the lights super close, almost touching the plant. Congrats man!

Thanks dude! The lights are on. There is a little green... something... splitting the shell apart. I'm guessing it wants light. It's starting to look like an actual plant!

Make sure to keep a little distance from the CFL. As long as its not too hot for your hand it will be fine for your plants. Can't wait to see some pics:thumb:

i bet you run to your grow spot every hour to see if its changed any huh? i remember when i was doin the same thing, sayin, "man, i can't wait till my plant is big enough to take pics like 'so and so' has on HIS grow journal!" lol thats awesome man, i'm glad she's startin to poke her little green head out in your world bro, can't wait to see this one take off!

Haha dude you have no idea. It's like if you sit there long enough you can almost watch it grow. Here's a picture I took a couple hours ago.

xlADG.jpg

Sorry it's so blurry, but it's about the best I can do with my shitty phone haha. Can you see that yellowish bit on the ends of the embryo leaves? Anything I should do about that? And is it maybe time to water a little bit?

actually all that's coming up on my screen is a white box with a red x...dunno whats goin on there...but yeah go ahead and water it a little bit if the soil is dry on top, it doesnt really have a complex root system yet so 1/4 cup is prolly good.

Ok I watered like half a cup in there, it's so little I don't want to drown it. I reuploaded that picture so maybe you can see it now. Again, not a whole lot to see I guess but it's nice to watch progress haha

you'll be amazed at how big it is in a week. trust me. how close are your lights?

I already know I will be haha. Plus these autoflowers supposedly grow like crazy. We'll see I guess. Lights are right on it, about 6 to 8 inches if I had to guess (I'm away from my room right now). There are 5 2700k CFLs on that one little plant, but the heat isn't a problem at all.

legit, if you post pics up every 2-3 days you should really be able to tell the difference, and people will def. start subbing to your grow. keep it up, you're doin good.

Hey guys, she's growing like crazy! I know it's small changes but it's nice to know that it's doing its thing.

ucMuR.jpg

I'm keeping her under 24 hours of light for now, would anyone suggest changing it? Also I have all the stuff to make a yeast Co2 generator, but save that for later? Anything I can do to be ahead of the game!

Co2 generators are best used in flower. Don't worry about it now. I would suggest in a few days switching your lights to a 20/4 light cycle. Since you are running an autoflower, DO NOT top. Let it do its thing and you will be fine.

Co2 generators are best used in flower. Don't worry about it now. I would suggest in a few days switching your lights to a 20/4 light cycle. Since you are running an autoflower, DO NOT top. Let it do its thing and you will be fine.

Ah ok thank you dude. I was wondering about topping, so that makes things easier haha. Should I consider any LST or anything like that? I've only looked into it a little bit so I don't know the pros and cons to be honest. I'll wait a bit for the Co2 as well, and I'll switch the lights in a couple days.

You are gonna run 20/4 throughout your entire grow. not 12/12 . As for LST it really depends on the size of the room. Also are your plants in their final resting place? You will wanna plant them in the pot you are gonna grow them in for the rest of their life.

Yeah I started it in a 2 gal pot and it will stay there for the duration of the grow. Height isn't really a factor, but I have about 3x3 on each side, which I was told should be fine. 12/12 now you say (I know I should look this up but hearing from an expert is nice). What is the purpose of that?

Haha ok good. She just finished her first 4 hours in the dark and seems to be going smoothly. You can definitely tell the difference just checking every couple hours. Pretty cool. Here's a picture I took this morning right as she went back under the lights:

rQ6k3.jpg

Isn't she cute?! I think there are a couple more little leaves starting to grow if you look close. Suggestions as she starts to grow a little bit?

Make sure she gets enough water and don't start nutes for awhile(At least 3-5 nodes up) ease her into them by starting 1/4 strength and up by quarters if you are unsure as to how she will react.

Keep your light cycle consistant and make sure to watch her all the time. Other than that, Pack a bowl, sit back, and enjoy yourself.:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom