My First Grow - Only One Autoflower Plant Under CFLs - Help Me Not Screw This Up!

Re: My first grow, only one autoflower plant under CFLs. Help me not screw this up!

couldn't of said it better myself ThatOneGuy. I think thack is gonna have a pretty successful first grow, don't you? Lol, i know me and you are only on our first grows as well, but doesn't it feel awesome to help this dude out with everything we've learned thus far? haha I LOVE IT! lookin GREAT thack! keep it up bro!

also if you want some info on LST'ing(low stress training) i just posted some pictures of the after effect on my plants, granted i FIM'd("fuck i missed", different way to top) too, but the LST is effective if you want to keep your plants shorter, you basically bend the stem over 45 degrees and tie it off so it stays there(or use a paper clip to hold it in place) i like the technique, although i kinda wish i would've left ONE plant alone just to see what it'd be like for a completely natural grow, not fucking with it at all as a variable, but oh well, i can do that next time!

good luck!

Re: My first grow, only one autoflower plant under CFLs. Help me not screw this up!

I'm pretty sure LSTing an autoflower is fairly pointless. Those strains dont get very tall and grow so fast that there wouldnt be much benefit. Most of the bud in these is one large top cola so i would be hesitant to mess with that.

Hey guys! Looks like everything is still going pretty smoothly. I got her under 20/4 and will keep it there for the duration... doesn't she look pretty good?

This one is from yesterday:
akxZy.jpg

And this is this morning:
mr7rW.jpg

I won't mess around with LST or anything since it's an auto and my first grow. Looking to keep it simple I guess. You see anything you want to add? Advice?

You all have been way helpful, I'm having so much fun haha

Nothing to do so far bro. Just make sure to water every once in awhile you wont start things like nutrients and such until a few weeks from now. Just kick back and relax.

Nothing to do so far bro. Just make sure to water every once in awhile you wont start things like nutrients and such until a few weeks from now. Just kick back and relax.

Haha that's what I like to hear! I figure I'll do a picture update every couple days unless something looks funny. Thanks for all your help man, definitely taking the stress out and making it more fun.

Hey guys, just a picture update... she's growing big time! I put the lights right on her but it isn't too hot. She seems to be responding to it pretty well! The soil does tend to dry out pretty quick but I stay on top of it, and I'm careful to not overwater.

EPjj9.jpg

What do you think?

I think everything is looking good. Since she established the root system she will start working on vertical growth. You are doing just fine man.:thumb:

heya guys, after skimming through the thread i just had to drop in if ya dont mind. she's looking good thack, i think the adjustment to the light was a good choice. All ya gotta do is just adjust it to the plants growth. I currently have one of these going, on day 40 today. She started showing her sex on day 30, and is now starting flowering very nicely. I can honestly say that they are very simple to grow and amazing to watch develop. if you wanna know anything more just let me know. GL with her bro, Coming along very nicely gj.:thumb:

First, panama.red nice of you to join!

Been a couple days since I updated, and she's been growing well! Getting bigger by the minute. I just noticed some yellowing on the leaves and took a picture. If you can tell how to fix it, that would be cool. Or just diagnose it period. The rest seems to be doing really well!

YH6tV.jpg

But that yellowing does worry me. It's my first little bump in the road, so let me know!

As seedlings establish themselves, they have minor problems like that. I had the same issue with mine but they turned out just fine. Keep her watered and air circulation and you will be fine. Any environment flux will affect your seedlings so just try to give her the ideal environment and just keep doing what you are doing.

Look through my journal and you will see. Trust me, they did the same thing at the same stage. Keep calm and relax with a nice fat bowl

I had some similiar problems with mine around the 2nd-3rd week of growth, mine looked like a runt though. Honestly thought it was gonna be a really small plant, but after about a month or so of growth she really took off. Honestly couldnt say it better than (thatoneguyy) keep doing what ur doing, she is coming along good. GL bro

Hey Thatoneguyy, I have a quick question for you if you dont mind bro. yesterday i went and checked on one of my girls, she's been doing great but yesterday noticed that the top 2-3 fan leaves were droopy a little. Today they were alot more droopy, but the plant looks healthy,no burns. ive read it may be overwatering but when i water the soil its dry, i do water once a day though so it could possibly be it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.thx

panama red, i only water every 4 or 5 days does take a good drink tho

:goodluck:

Hey Thatoneguyy, I have a quick question for you if you dont mind bro. yesterday i went and checked on one of my girls, she's been doing great but yesterday noticed that the top 2-3 fan leaves were droopy a little. Today they were alot more droopy, but the plant looks healthy,no burns. ive read it may be overwatering but when i water the soil its dry, i do water once a day though so it could possibly be it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.thx

Early stages in your plant do not require much water to survive. Their Roots are very thin and are still developing. Even though the soil on the top may be dry the bottom layers might still be wet and if you constantly rehydrate, there isn't enough time to dry out.

Invest in a moisture/Ph meter from a hardware store. It should be in the garden section. You can place it down into the soil to check the moisture if you are unsure of when to water. You an also go by weight. Let your plant dry out for a few days and weight it by scale or just lifting the pot. Remember how heavy it is and water it fully until the water drains from the bottom of the pot. Once the weight drops to the point where it was when dry, Water again.

Sorry for the thread takeover, Thack.

Thx for the input guys, much appreciated. My apologies thack, didnt mean any disrespect posting on your thread.

Hey guys! No worries about figuring out your plant stuff on my grow, panama.red, hope it helped! :cheer:

I just have a couple pictures to update, and a couple questions. Pictures first:

AdUdv.jpg

It1Kf.jpg

What do you think the deal is with the yellowing? It's all spotty and weird. I know you've said not to worry about it but it feels like it isn't really going away. For precautionary measures I brought the lights from about 3 inches off to more like 7 or 8. Could be burns I suppose. I'll do a little more research on it, but your guys' input is super valuable. Also, when do you think would be a good time to introduce a Co2 generator? I have all the gear and everything.

Anyway, aside from the yellowing I think she's growing really well! It's a serious blast to watch, and it feels like I'm REALLY accomplishing something, haha :tokin:

Cheers!

I was going through my journal and I had a similar problem with #3 of my plants there isn't much you can do at this stage just make sure your water is Ph'd correctly and just maintain a good environment and you should be fine. Most people said not to worry about browning early on. Once you are about five nodes up you can start on nutrients at 1/4 strength.

Just watch it over the next few days to see if it gets worse.

I have one of mine that has the same issue, just touchy spots like that. Some that were on the tips i just cut off but i think mine is fert burns. Maybe with the adjusted light you may can tell some difference within a few days. Otherwise she is looking nice, still coming along nicely.

Back
Top Bottom