My First Grow - Only One Autoflower Plant Under CFLs - Help Me Not Screw This Up!

Thanks for the advice! I guess it just seems like a big deal since I've never dealt with it before. I'm being more careful with watering and took it away from the lights just a bit and things haven't gotten any worse, so that must be a good sign. Still going steady as far as I can tell, she's busy! Couple pictures:
iYWoR.jpg

tSHIZ.jpg

Those little yellow spots are annoying but the top leaves don't seem to be affected by it at all... idk guys haha just let me know if I need to change anything. Again, with the Co2 thing... wait a bit? Thanks for the help! Smoke a bowl for Gert, she's working hard!

Thanks guys, good to know. Let me know when it looks like I could use it from the pictures. Just another quick update. Getting to be a pretty major plant now! It's crazy that this all happened just from that little seed.

2dcEy.jpg

And then a little closer up... can you tell what's going on?

hmjml.jpg

Let me know what you think! Have a good day today too, stay excellent :thumb:

Growing fast! I'm doing a single plant autoflower pineapple express grow right now, im on about day 10. We have a very similar set up so this thread was very informative. What ventilation do you have in your grow area?

Sweet, good to have you! I'll sub to yours for sure. For now my ventilation is just a big fan by my window, and an open closet haha. I'm lucky though because I don't have to really hide anything in my room so it's easy to get air flowing. I hear that a lot of people buy old computer fans and set them up, but for now I don't really have a need to, and I'm putting a Co2 generator in there when it starts to flower. But, maybe later for a fan... it's my first grow too so I guess I have to be open to the option later on. Good luck man!

Quick question: Should I trim the lower leaves at any point? They're the ones that have yellowed a bit and seem to just block light from getting to the stem and the other goodies in there. I'm obviously no expert, but what would you guys do?

Well it looks like you a fine looking plant there. The lower leaves will run the course of their life. They will die on there own. Don't pull them off until they are ready to fall. If you still have the cotyledons on your plant you will notice in a week or so that it will yellow and brown.

You can tell the difference of the leaf naturally dying. It looks way different from deficiency and burn so just let them do their thing. They store sugars and collect light that the plant needs. You are doing fine.:goodjob:

Thanks TOG! Just another picture update. I think I see the beginning of some flowering... but you guys take a look too! Either way, I'm pretty stoked. :morenutes:
Mt2It.jpg

QrSaB.jpg

What's up crew! Just have another update. She's clearly into flowering now, and you can see hairs forming from a bunch of different places inside the plant as well as the main cola. I think it's probably safe to start introducing Co2, so I'll get that set up and show you later. It says harvest after 60 days, and I think we're around day... 19? Pretty big for day 19! Here are the pics:

View from the top:
UG2GA.jpg

Side (this is right after I watered, don't worry):
LguGb.jpg

So, what's the verdict? Any tips for now? Thanks!

Just another update: She's looking good to me! I have to keep moving the lights lower because it's reaching up fast, but no complaints from me about it. Here's a couple pictures...

XqEc2.jpg

SFmAQ.jpg

BF3u6.jpg

Love you all. Have an awesome week!

Aside some of the browning, it looks good. I have noticed that most auto's will do that for some reason. I am not that familiar with them having not grown one but looks good. Since you are now in flower, expect plenty of stretch. :thumb:

Hey everyone, picture update time! I'm going to set up a Co2 generator today. Let me know what you think about the progress!
Hq5Gn.jpg

VwsE5.jpg

Hey everyone, sorry I've been gone a few days... real life and all that nonsense.

There seems to be a significant amount of yellowing on the lower leaves, what should I do about it? I'm trying to keep it simple so I'm not doing any nutes and just watering every couple days. Suggestions to help it out?

1116011151.jpg

1116011152a.jpg

Well lower leaves tend to die off as the plant ages. It is natural. Are you keeping up with nutrients?

Ok, good. I'm really trying to keep a close eye on it. Being my first grow, I'm not using nutes and just using pH balanced water. I know this will make my yield smaller but it decreases my chances of screwing up.

A couple questions strategically: I will be away from home Thanksgiving (tue - fri) and was wondering how I can make that work with watering. Also, the suggested harvest is at 60 days, but due to some travel/real life reasons I may have to harvest around day 55 or so. How much do you think this will affect the smoke?

Thanks for sticking with it, everyone. You've been a huge help. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom