My First Grow: I'm From Alberta Canada & Got My ACMPR

Looks good dude! I recently just discovered that medium your using really isn't considered "soil" it's more of a hydro type setup (same stuff I run, basically pro mix hp) and with that ph should be kept in that 5.5-6 range but with that dolomite it ll act as a buffer to help keep you in that optimal range for ph. Just don't reuse your medium between grows, I found that out the hard way:( I find those domes more useful for cloning as I personally like my seedlings to come up in those jiffy pods (makes for easier transplant as it stays together better) plus I have a fan on em to help toughen them up so they don't flop over. Things look a little wet in your pics, I just spray the top until its moist and might do that a couple times a day. That limp one looks like a result of too much moisture in my opinion but I could be wrong. As for lights I hear the quality led s are pretty dang awesome but I run cfl s and t5s in veg( mixed spectrum) and hps in flower. With hps heat is always an issue especially if you don't have a ported and sealed light cover. I recently just switched from the parabolic reflector to the ported unit because of my heat issues. Try and shoot for that 25-30 degree range.... no higher! I run a perpetual set up with 2 rooms and it seems to work great. Throw a thermometer or digital recordable type one at canopy hight and watch for a reliable reading where it counts most, the Cola zone hahaha! Hope I didn't ramble on too much man, I tend to do that when I'm high,but i hope that helps in anyway. We re all here to help so keep them questions coming;):)

Proud Canuck for sure and even more prouder hurtin' Albertan! Thanks for the welcome, excited to experiment and learn. Definitely loving the vibe of this community.

When I was a pup I lived in Brooks..... yea I know ehh, and actually my first real job at 13 was cleaning corals atLakeside. Still piles of family there.
Yea your buddy s right about the shock of coming out of the dome, that's why I just use them for clones and slowly introduce air flow over the next week or two. You could always add some perilite to help with drainage, I use the pro mix hp (high porosity) and sometimes I ll add more perilite.

Looks good dude! I recently just discovered that medium your using really isn't considered "soil" it's more of a hydro type setup (same stuff I run, basically pro mix hp) and with that ph should be kept in that 5.5-6 range but with that dolomite it ll act as a buffer to help keep you in that optimal range for ph. Just don't reuse your medium between grows, I found that out the hard way:( I find those domes more useful for cloning as I personally like my seedlings to come up in those jiffy pods (makes for easier transplant as it stays together better) plus I have a fan on em to help toughen them up so they don't flop over. Things look a little wet in your pics, I just spray the top until its moist and might do that a couple times a day. That limp one looks like a result of too much moisture in my opinion but I could be wrong. As for lights I hear the quality led s are pretty dang awesome but I run cfl s and t5s in veg( mixed spectrum) and hps in flower. With hps heat is always an issue especially if you don't have a ported and sealed light cover. I recently just switched from the parabolic reflector to the ported unit because of my heat issues. Try and shoot for that 25-30 degree range.... no higher! I run a perpetual set up with 2 rooms and it seems to work great. Throw a thermometer or digital recordable type one at canopy hight and watch for a reliable reading where it counts most, the Cola zone hahaha! Hope I didn't ramble on too much man, I tend to do that when I'm high,but i hope that helps in anyway. We re all here to help so keep them questions coming;):)

Makes perfect sense!!!

Hey frank - Hey frank if i can ask how long did it take u from handing in your forms to actually receiving your license thanks

Hey frank - Hey frank if i can ask how long did it take u from handing in your forms to actually receiving your license thanks

Once your doctor signs your prescription, he will fax it from his office to a licensed provider and it only takes up to five business days to process. You're good to go. The AC MPR license can take as long as 2 to 3 months to finally come in the mail.

Once your doctor signs your prescription, he will fax it from his office to a licensed provider and it only takes up to five business days to process. You're good to go. The AC MPR license can take as long as 2 to 3 months to finally come in the mail.

Thanks buddy. Way better answer then mine :). I was running out the door when I replied. Just wanted to to answer before I forgot.

Day 11 update

** I probably should have mentioned this but the strain on running is an autoflower FYI **

420-magazine-mobile655942130.jpg

420-magazine-mobile662491150.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1941912842.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1286471678.jpg

Day 12 Update

I have been misting the leafs a couple times a day and I am noticing that it is leaving a white residue on the leafs. Is this bad? Additionally when should I switch to my main nutes and put the girls under the main light instead of the T5?

Lots of growth is happening tho.

420-magazine-mobile772698989.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2122503880.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1158718971.jpg
420-magazine-mobile46351295.jpg

I'm excited I'm gonna be able to add to my grow room. My dad (go figure an old Jamaican guy) had a old ballast, mogul and 1000w hps bulb packed away in his garage. I'm just gonna pick up a $40 reflector and I'm set. He also gave me a 4 bar t12 fluorescent light fixture. I went to a local re-use store and found some sylvania grow-Lux wide spectrum bulbs. They were brand new in box so I bought the last 12 they had. Only $2 a piece so figured I couldn't go wrong. So I figure I'm set for my perpetual harvest setup. And I only spent $24 lol. Now I can concentrate on a carbon filter. Contemplating ordering a 4x4 or 5x5 growtent or just building an enclosure for my flowering area. Then my current growbox can house a mother and I can take clones and not have to fuck around with these damn seeds. It very thrifty day I had for my self I'd say .

Day 12 Update

I have been misting the leafs a couple times a day and I am noticing that it is leaving a white residue on the leafs. Is this bad? Additionally when should I switch to my main nutes and put the girls under the main light instead of the T5?

Lots of growth is happening tho.

420-magazine-mobile772698989.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2122503880.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1158718971.jpg
420-magazine-mobile46351295.jpg

Shouldn't really need to mist. The spotting may be residue left from particulate in the water. Also...little drops can act just like magnifying glasses, with the potential to leave burn marks/spotting

Back
Top Bottom