My First Grow in DWC!

Greetings:
I'm a week or so away from a harvest I started from two clones on March 1. I didn't get big vegetative growth. In fact, these are the smallest plants I've grown yet. Not sure why exactly but the buds are very nice and I saw a few amber trichs this morning. I started the flush with distilled water and will keep an eye on them in the next week or so.

I've had two unrelated deaths in the family in the last three weeks or so which has cast a pall on things lately. Some good news is that my son, like my daughter before him, was accepted into UC Berkeley.

Roseman: A friend of mine lives in WI and is interested in this hobby in his basement in the fall/winter. I showed him your Dec. 09 harvest and he was very impressed. Any suggestions for RH control during those cold winter months, etc.

Thanks,
Hydronewbie

Water, water, everywhere is the solution to increased humidity in winter months. Just went through that. You need a humidifier and wet towels around the res. In winter anything over 50% is good. I also mist my plants with plain ph'd water several times a day while in veg.

Greetings:
I'm a week or so away from a harvest I started from two clones on March 1. I didn't get big vegetative growth. In fact, these are the smallest plants I've grown yet. Not sure why exactly but the buds are very nice and I saw a few amber trichs this morning. I started the flush with distilled water and will keep an eye on them in the next week or so.

I've had two unrelated deaths in the family in the last three weeks or so which has cast a pall on things lately. Some good news is that my son, like my daughter before him, was accepted into UC Berkeley.

Roseman: A friend of mine lives in WI and is interested in this hobby in his basement in the fall/winter. I showed him your Dec. 09 harvest and he was very impressed. Any suggestions for RH control during those cold winter months, etc.

Thanks,
Hydronewbie

Wow, up and down. Sorry to hear about the deaths in the family, that's always hard. But congrats on your kids and their college careers! I hope everything goes as planned.

I'm from Wisconsin, never grew there but remember the winters well! They are typically a bit drier, lower humidity. I doubt your friend will have much trouble in Wisconsin. My understanding about humidity is the biggest problem would be with moulds. But good air circulation with oscillating fans should help to keep that in check. But a dehumidifier may be in order, you've got to be ready for anything.

Greetings:

Thanks,
Hydronewbie

Hey there.

We ought to not hijack chevy's thread, but he is gone and the thread is deserted. He's an old friend, I gave him his mylar that he used.

The RH will not be a problem, high humidity is good in VEGGING, and the heat of the lights will lower it some anyway. A giant bucket of lime will absorb some too. All my family is from Wisconsin, best swet corn in the wrord! Bestest cheese too. Tell him to come join us.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us and sorry to hear about the drama!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom