My First Grow in DWC!

Chevyman

Hello everyone here at 420 mag. I'm just starting my 3rd week of flowering on one white widow, and my 3rd week from seed of white rhino. I've had some problems in the beginning but now i have everything running smoothly. thanks to all the Deep Water Culture. Deep Water Culture RULE !!! so here are some pics. the ww is really taking off. she started flowering at 8" and is now 16" at the end of 2 weeks. She is real bushy. The three babies roots have just hit deep water and are at 1/2 strength nutes. Any comments or advise is always welcome. thanks everyone and it is good to be here at the Deep Water Culture new home... the photos are from the start of the grow to now. i had some root problems in the start but they have healed beautifully.its alot of pics !!!

5 wks old hurting
DSCN23901.jpg

DSCN23911.jpg

DSCN23941.jpg

6 wks
DSCN2416.jpg

DSCN2412.jpg

DSCN2399.jpg

7 wks , start 12/12
DSCN2471.jpg

DSCN2475.jpg

DSCN2476.jpg

DSCN2408.jpg

DSCN2420.jpg

DSCN24041.jpg

DSCN2402.jpg

DSCN2535.jpg

end 1st wk 12/12
DSCN2532.jpg

DSCN2533.jpg

end 2 wk 12/12
DSCN2538.jpg

DSCN2541.jpg

Babies germ- now, 2 wks old
DSCN2414.jpg

DSCN2468.jpg

DSCN2536.jpg

DSCN2542.jpg

grow room setup and supplies
DSCN23951.jpg

DSCN23921.jpg

DSCN23971.jpg

DSCN2398.jpg

DSCN2400.jpg

DSCN2472.jpg

DSCN2477.jpg

pheww that was alot of work... enjoy , and ill keep updating

Re: My first grow in dwc !!!

Your right with the ruff start but she is looking great now. She really perked up. Have you looked into mylar instead of that junk foil? looking forward in seeing it flower. gl

yeah everything is looking great man... like dog said... I would switch to mylar instead... foil can make burn spots on ur plants... what they say hot spots..... but anyway that girl looks great!!!!! GREAT START MY FRIEND!!!!!

yeah i would get mylar but im on a fixed budget...none...i use the dull side and havnt had any problems with burning or anything. i'm currently relying on unemployment to get by. plus there is only one hydro store in this god for saken state.. almost 1 hr away. i'll have some new pics up soon . just startin to see budd formin!!! but thanks for checkin in guys
stay tuned

Hey man you're setup is looking great. It's makin me want to do hydro for my next run of meds. Hahah. It's very simple and cut to the chase. Looks like you're girl has taken well to it. Excited to see the outcome, good luck!

Nice setup you got there mate, i'm quite intrested in DWC my self so i'll def be watching you. For cheap mylar you can use the insides of snackbags, its far less wrinkly than foil.

But i've got a question for you, that pod you have in the center of your bucket, what is it and its purpose? I've never seen one before in the guides i've seen.

Best of luck on your grow, beautiful plants you got there mate =)

ChevyMan, PM me. I got half a 50 ft roll, 25 ft of Mylar I'll ship ya, to anywhere you tell me to send it.

That's very nice, Mylar is the best you can use. That black/white plastic isn't bad and is sold in some hardware stores. Panda brand of black/white is rated almost as good as Mylar and blacks out the light almost 100%. Short of that you have "Bright White Flat Latex from Krylon", it is used as the base for people that want to put up insanely bright colors on their walls. I know it is well over 70% reflective as that is exactly what it is designed to do.

Aluminum Foil is better than nothing though, and I don't honestly think you can get hot spots with a cfl and any reflective surface but I may be wrong. Their relative low lumens, large surface area of radiance, and that light intensity falls off as the square of the distance means that reflected light from a cfl is gonna be pretty weak and diffused. It is still enough light to keep bottom foliage green and feeding the plant. I am not sure if normal white latex paint is worse or better than aluminum foil though....you might look around at some threads, I know we have some really smart people here that have probably already answered all the questions about what is best, I am a mere noobie so listening to me is optional, lol :grinjoint:

Welcome and btw your grow setup looks good, I love DWC and am gonna do that after my next grow (my budget is much like yours and I am gonna use up my organics before I invest in my hydro ferts). +rep

hey everyone just a quick photo update. i see buds !!!! so excited. just starting wk 3.

DSCN2559.JPG

DSCN2560.JPG

DSCN2561.JPG

DSCN2562.JPG

DSCN2563.JPG

DSCN2564.JPG

DSCN2565.JPG

i know there is some nute burn on one of the babies but the other two are doing great. just topped them yesterday. i know their knid of small but i did it anyway .

And roseman if your reading this, i cant pm you or leave you a visitor message. i would def take you up on the mylar but i guess ill have to wait till i get 25 posts to be able to give you an address. bummer

Lookin good!!!! Yummy buds

Not to harp on you more about your tinfoil, but - at least think about Visquene. My hydro store sells it black on one side white on the other for .99/ft on a 10' roll. So if you got $5 worth you would have a sheet 5x10. That would be enough to do your whole room it looks like. And I can almost guarantee it would be more reflective than that tinfoil is by now. Visquene is about 90% reflective. The only thing that is really better is Mylar at 99%. And visquene is CHEAP!

Lookin good no matter what you do though. Keep it up!

thanks for the input whiskey. and thanks for stoppin in. i guess i'll just have to splurge and go pick some mylar up. or see if i can find that visquene. i learn something new everyday. and that sounds right in my price range.

high chevyman :welcome:

That is one beautiful plant you've got going there if I do say. Very symmetrical and well shaped. Ain't DWC great! If it were me I'd punch some holes in the tin foil under your babies. If the moisture is trapped under there it could lead to stem/root rot. Just poke a bunch of holes with a pencil or something. It may or may not make a difference but it would make me nervous. The roots tend to get a little beige after a while. I think they just pick up some colour from the dyes in the nutes. As long as they're not getting slimy or falling out like a balding old farts hair they should be good. :0)

I'm doing pretty much the same thing as you but on a larger scale. Drop by my Kush grow and check out the roots on I think the second to last page. :goodjob: :popcorn: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom