My First Grow - The Church

Re: my first grow. THE Church

Hey, CC, just checking back in with. Those babies still look pretty small. I don't think you'll have to worry about transplanting for awhile. You've probably got a week or two at least before you need to worry about that. The next item you get should be that pH tester. We'll know more after that. They do seem to be growing pretty slow. I started mine about a week before you and mine are on the fifth leaf set and way taller. I'll post a pic just for reference. I'm not sure why they are going so slow. I like the cab set up. It's going to get crowded in there quick. Have you been looking into pruning or LST or anything like that? An unpruned plant will fill that sucker up in no time.

one more thing, are you spraying water on your plants? In some of the pictures they look all wet. If you spray them with water while the lights are on, they will burn that way. The water acts like mini magnifying glasses. If you have to feed them through the leaves, wait until a few hours before the light comes on. Mine are about a week and a half older than yours and this is what they look like:

iphonepicture_009.jpg

wow, yours are deffinitly alot bigger and they look great., i wonder why they are so slow. makes me sad.
i am spraying water on them while lights are on, i will stop now i guess.

I'm sure yours will fill out in a week or two. As far as the spraying goes, do whatever you feel is beneficial. I have had personal experience with burns on my plants before after spraying water on them during the light cycle. I am by no means an expert, I'm just letting you know what has worked or not worked for me in the past. Everybody makes mistakes on their first grow. Everybody makes mistakes on their 35th grow. Your plants will end up doing great as long as you let them do their thing and don't mess with them too much. Lol. So far so good, CC. :bongrip:

thanks for the support. they seem to be picking up speed, but i might be wrong i dont have an old grow to compare to lol, but hopefully in a week or 2 they will be good, i was hoping i would be able to veg for only another week or 2. but we will have to wait and see.

When growing from seed the plants will have to reach sexual maturity before you try to flower them. They take about 6-8 weeks before they are that mature. If you are trying to go that route you might want to make mothers out of the seedlings you've got now. Once you've got mothers you can take clones off of them and flower them right away. A rooted cutting from the mother is technically the same age as the mother, therefore it is already at sexual maturity even though it is a new plant. You can pack quite a few little gals in there with that method. That would be preferred anyway instead of flowering what you have now and then having to restart from seed.

my plan was to take 2 clones from each of these and then put these into 12/12 and the clones into my veg for a few weeks and then choose the best of the clones to be the mother. or is this not a good idea?

That would work fine. You will still have to wait The 6-8 weeks before you can clone the plants. If i was in your shoes then I would make the plants ive got now the mothers and grow out the clones. The reason I say this is because sometimes, especially when you're inexperienced, clones can be finnicky. It would be a shame if you started to flower your plants and a week later your clones are dead and you have to start revegging the plants you put into the cab. It could put undue stress on the plant. I think the reason you want to do it the way you described is so you can get bud a couple weeks earlier. I feel you on that but i would always go the safest way that gurantees bud instead of trying to do it quicker. It takes a little while to get everything established but once you get things running smoothly you'll be a happy camper. Later, Crow. Keep up the good work. Any pics for us?

I would probably already have my BB Cheese in 12/12, but I am waiting til my clones have roots and are established in soil...that hormone switch to blooming is a death timer...takes the plant a long time to remove all those hormones. All I add are the two parts and PH it...and honestly they are the right PH for bloom...if they were bloom nutes. :smokin: They are about as neutral as it comes.

I recommend being patient and waiting for your clones to establish...I have a The Church and Pineapple Express that are exploding on me and my cloner has no room to even pull them. So they will get bloom lights at night and window light during the day to keep them from blooming until I have their clones established (3-4 weeks easy from now...I have a giant plant problem coming...for my space anyway, will be interesting to see how they turn out.

Peace brother.

i ordered Feminized seeds, but who knows how reliable the company was that i got them from, so hopefully they will be all female. and yes you are right stanks alot, i was planning on doing it that way so i would have bud sooner. but i guess i will take some clones from these babies when the time comes. would you recoment vegging them for a week to let the roots groe before putting them into 12/12?

Good healthy clones in the right environment can set root in 6-10 days. Once it has a good base of roots you can flower it right away. If you let them veg a little longer, obviously they will get bigger and have more available bud sites when you flower them. It's your call. What kind of grow did you have in mind? Sog, Scrog, anything of that nature?

well i was thinking of doing LST since my box is small and i would like to put 3 in at a time.

the plants are looking good the one is starting to form her 3rd leaf set and "hope'' is slightly behind. my one plant has a very burnt tip on her leaf, (the bottom leaf) its brown and crispy about 1/4" of the tip, would it be a good or bad idea to cut this off with some sterilized scissors.

A lot of people say cut it. I usually don't if it is a small burn like that. It's really up to you. It won't hurt or help much either way.

Just out of curiosity, how much bud do you smoke in the average week? Are you gardening just as a hobby or are you trying to provide all of your own smoke? Later, Crow. Let's see some pics!!

well it depends on the supply, right now i have to ration my supply, sometimes make an Eight last a week and a half, lol, but if i can get weed i will smoke around a quarter a week, im growing because there is almost no weed where i live, since my guy got busted. and the cronic that is here is wet as water, and its pricey. i pay $70 for 7grams, and the time it dries out enough to smoke it you get about 4-5grams.

Back
Top Bottom