My First Grow!

i believe its from the dome! i never start seeds under a dome, to much o2 is required.
when do you water? get a feel for the weight of the container when its wet. then the same for a container when its bone dry. the difference will tell you when to water, member the plant like to be dry and you drown them when watered to much. many different ways to tell when to water. you pots look heavy so it will be tricky. i use red solo cups planting 3 seeds per cup. when they are 2 inches tall and have the saw blade traits i transplant into 3 red solo cups. then let those get root bound, just a little root bound. then transplant these into 1 gal. bags. when this gets root bound i then trans. into a 3 gal bag. the results have been very very good for me each and almost everytime! sh-t happens and im never perfect with the grows but i do suprise myself with the process i use.

hm, use a 1/4 tsp per gal with the super thrive.
i feed with neuts. every other day, this is after the plants have used the neuts in the soil first. let the plant work for its food! very important.

Yeah I'm using super thrive. One drop per gallon.

Question: I'm using drops to test my PH. How do I test it when I add nutes that change the color? Wouldn't that effect the test?

Just a heads up, everything is all good. The weak plant seems to be doing better. I got a humidifier, now the grow area stays at 73F 50%. Im still super nervouse theses dudes won't make it like the first batch, because they look the same. I'll try to stay positive.

Question: I'm using drops to test my PH. How do I test it when I add nutes that change the color? Wouldn't that effect the test?

Test it the same way you do without the nutes and yes the ph may change..may not..depends on the nutes:goodluck:

I'm not sure if this is normal she looks like she is wilting a little. What do you guys think?

IMG_07959.JPG

IMG_079910.JPG

It may affect the color, but i use BPN nutrients and i mix my nutrients in a 5gal water bucket. I can still read my pH tester just fine (i use drops as well) I also test pH run off levels as well, it has a little bit of dirt in it but the pH drops still work fine.

Thanks Bike, yeah they stretched from when they sprouted. I was at work when I came home they were already stretched. Right now my CLF's are about 1.5 - 2 inches away. And I was just freaking out like a noob about the slight wilt, the girl look great as we speak they are the right color the leafs look thick and healthy.

thats whut im saying, compared to alot of starter grow journals your seedling looks 100% couldnt look better, sending good vibes your way i know this grow is gonna go better than the last i can feel it. Just looking at those seedlings i can tell. You got your heart set on it so thats the biggest part. Just spray them lightly with a spray bottle with pH'd water as the need it, if the soil looks dry, give it and the seedling a few sprays.

Are you going to stay in the container you are in right now or will you go bigger?

If your grow space is small id say that one is fine looks plenty big.

what kind of nutrients do you plan to use? that plant will need them in a week or so.

Thanks bike, (side note, do you ride bikes?) I'm asking because I love riding my bike at the age of 30. Anyway, your kind words are very appreciated. I feel the same way about these plants. I'm getting less nervous about losing them every day. I'm sure once we get a few more sets of leafs a thicker stem I will be on cruse control. Yes I'm going to keep the plants in these pots. I do plan on LST so I'm starting to wonder if these pots are big enough. I have bio-thrive ATM but I am pondering joining the BPN. The only thing stopping me is if I spend anymore money on this venture my wife might shot me. Her attitude will change come harvest time! I mixed up a 1/4 strength batch of the "grow" and the PH went way down so I need to get get a PH up because all i have is a down.

I use fox farms ocean soil when should I start 1/4 strength nutes.

Thanks bike, (side note, do you ride bikes?) I'm asking because I love riding my bike at the age of 30. Anyway, your kind words are very appreciated. I feel the same way about these plants. I'm getting less nervous about losing them every day. I'm sure once we get a few more sets of leafs a thicker stem I will be on cruse control. Yes I'm going to keep the plants in these pots. I do plan on LST so I'm starting to wonder if these pots are big enough. I have bio-thrive ATM but I am pondering joining the BPN. The only thing stopping me is if I spend anymore money on this venture my wife might shot me. Her attitude will change come harvest time! I mixed up a 1/4 strength batch of the "grow" and the PH went way down so I need to get get a PH up because all i have is a down.

I use fox farms ocean soil when should I start 1/4 strength nutes.

riding bikes is still a simple pleasure, though id prefer a bike with a motor lol

so you are using your bio-thrive grow right now but intend on getting bpn? Good idea, it will be worth the tongue lashing you get from the misses. The 3 quart BPN package is priced some where around 25-30$ not a bad price for a 3 part nutrient system that will last you a few grows.

Ya id get yourself some pH up some nutrients will do that. There may be some things 'around the house' you could use that would be safe to use as pH up. Try googling it.

How many days has it been since you put the seedling in dirt? If you are using FFOF you shouldnt have to use nutrients for the first few weeks of growth. Thats what corey from BPN told me. That soil comes with organic fertilizers in it and will keep your seedling nourished for about 2 weeks, then you could start 1/4 nutes. Thats my personal opinion play it by eye!

later

Whats up team,

Had to show you the room set up. I got a humidifier, heater, fan in, fan out and of course the lucky garden gnome.
Room_set_up.JPG

This is the sick plant looking much better. I gave it some early nutes at 1/4 power she seemed to like it
IMG_080813.JPG

and a shot of one of the other 3 looking good.
IMG_080110.JPG

Thanks team

nice is that a cool mist or an ultra sonic mist humidifier? i just ask because if its a hot mist then it will make your grow space too hot, im sure you realized that. if i remember correctly your growing in a basement that is likley underground and not well insulated so your going to need that heater when the lights get shut off. and probably through out the day on a low setting. My climate is cold so i need to run a heater 24/7. just dont point the heater directly at plants i would kinda point it towards the direction of your fan that is blowing in your grow room just so its not direct heat.

Every thing looks good, my only concern is that last picture. the seedling seems to be stretching alot and the stem is purple, could be a generic thing, could be a low temp issue, could be a stressing issue. I guess all you can do is keep an eye on it. I might just be over looking it but do your thing man, dont start the nutrients to early you are using Fox farm ocean forest so that has enough nutrients for the first 1-3 weeks

again this is all jsut my personal opinion if what your doing is working then dont stop because i said! and btw love the garden gnome he will bring you a green garden and keep it safe

Thanks bike, you and I share a concern with the purple stem. I did my research on that issue and your right it could be genetic it also can be because a lack of nutes. But I checked all the stems (blowing air on them, moving them slightly) and they seem strong. So right now I feel ok about them. The fan has been blowing them around since day one, so I think they are strong. I'm going to do 1 of 2 things either a simple tooth pick or and I know its risking mold but maybe throw an inch of soil around them. As long as I don't water around the stem for a while they can be ok. But for now its a wait and see.

Thank you again

Hey fetch I hear ya on the wife thing! Mine has been yappin in my ear too. Love the Gnome! I actually have one my grandmother gave me as a child. I may have to throw it in my room grow room for good luck too :high-five:. If you decide to order from BPN send corey a msg and let him know you're running a journal. He'll throw in a freebie for ya I got the 3 part organic kit and it was $34 shipped.

Glad to see everything is lookin good!

:peace:

lookin good. take your time and enjoy the experience. youll find ways to improve on your own. youll do just fine! let em dry out they love it.
peace

Back
Top Bottom