My First Grow!

not to be hating, but i think you got it a little backwards,.. no? your using hid for your veg and Florescent for flower??, the other way around (provided your plant is healthy and strong through out veg) will provide you with far greater yields in both quantity and quality.. but thats ust my 2 cents..

Thanks AZcruiser

Preprodigy, I would agree with you but I'm not using the cfl's for flower. The clf's are for veg, clones and a mother later on down the road. Since I have no other plants right now I just figured I would use HID for veg right now and flower later on. I will start a new crop of non bad seeds under the cfl in about 3 weeks.

Well bad news 2 of my seedlings died, while the other 2 are looking super healthy? Plant #1 wilted to nothing, it may have been due to it being burnt. But #3 just snapped over like the steam got weak. It may have been damaged when I dropped it by mistake a few days ago. But the other 2 plants look super good I'll get a photo today.

Welcome to 420 mag Fletch nice setup...i see you have jiffy cups..i use them but for containers only...you don't want to put them in soil...they are too tough for roots to break through...as soon as you can put them in small pots...i just started a AK auto...you might want to check my grow..a lot of experiments going...you will certainly learn what not to do..hahaha :goodluck:...like Bike said you got too much light for sprouts..use CFLs...

Thanks guys! I took your advice got the 2 remaining plants under 2 - t8 3' CFL's the problem is my room temp will drop to about 68. I need to get another set of lights and a humidifier. But I'm glad I'm having these problems with bag seeds and not my AK's.

IMG_074712.JPG

IMG_07489.JPG

IMG_075110.JPG

IMG_07497.JPG

I grew with the humidity around 30-40%. Seemed to do fine. Just keep an eye on them. Nice thermometer....I have one just like it....did you get it at Lowes?

fetch this is why you are smart for running bag seed at your first attempt, gotta work the kinks out. I also suggest a small space heater can be bought at walmart for like 20$ run it as much as you need, 68*F is kindda low but its not horibble. also may i suggest buying some "Reflective expanded insulation sheets" at lowes or home depot. They are near the lumber section where the insulation shit is. they come in 10x10 sheets. then get yourself a roll of aluminum ventilation tape for like 9$ and construct some kind of make shift wall to build some kinda of grow cab and get some reflectivity going on. that would help retain heat with out a heater. Just a thought keep up the hard work!!!

Well, it looks like these fellows are falling apart too! I'm very sad I let these guys down. I dont think I over watered, if anything I under watered. The only things I can think of is that It got way to cold at "night" the 6 hours without light, or maybe my soil mix sucked, or the humidity was to low.
IMG_075412.JPG

IMG_07559.JPG

IMG_07539.JPG

What's up,

Well I will say it has been heart breaking watching these little fellows die. Bug I haven't gave up. I'm going to get better soil more cfl and a humidifier and try again. I'd say in 2 weeks I'll have something for y'all.

Back
Top Bottom