My First Growing Lamp

Hello everyone !! Hello @StoneOtter !
I am a 3 yr Cannabis smoker but a "newbie grower " . Just starting out . I just received my first growing light from a friend . :)
It's TATU LED Grow light 1000W Full spectrum . Model # B087MD2XLY from Amazon . Any ideas for setting it up for hanging besides from the ceiling ? Here are 2 pictures of the light .
Welcome to 420. What size tent ,medium etc.

I'm sort of on a budget this year. So, I was going to use a 4x4 area to grow . In this space I will create a beginner growing area with reflective foam board on 3 sides with the light hanging from a sawhorse construction . No pictures yet. Just an idea . I can't afford a tent right now . :(
Eventually I plan to grow out side from April - October .

I'm sort of on a budget this year. So, I was going to use a 4x4 area to grow . In this space I will create a beginner growing area with reflective foam board on 3 sides with the light hanging from a sawhorse construction . No pictures yet. Just an idea . I can't afford a tent right now . :(
Welcome, If you have a empty or can be emptied closet, that would make a good budget grow area. Hang the light from the cloths bar. It is how I have mine set up this year.
lighthung.jpg

@Gabby987 ? I'm asking her because she is a non tent grower and using multiple grow areas, both large and small and is very good at setting up spaces for her girls...

I started that way in my basement. It's totally doable.
I will suggest not using the reflective foam board. I did, and than I found out that it's extremely flammable.
Just get some wallboard and paint it white, it works really well.

Hey Everyone ! First time grower here . I'm very excited ! Just received my Seeds ! I got 4 Strands , 6 seeds for each strand . I'm planning on growing 8 plants ( 2 of each) Don't know the names well. One is Blueberry, 9 lb Hammer, Zino and #13 ?? I think 2 are made up . Not sure abut 9 lb. or Blueberry . Anyone ? I got them from a experienced grower friend . Nice huh, for free too .
I'm planning to grow 1 plant each in a Solo cup ,so there will be 8 plants total. I think 8 will keep me busy down the line .
Need recommendation for brand of soil or type of and Food for plants , duh, for what else Sal. LOL .
I have a helper but the more the Merrier . Thanks all for reading my Journal so far . All comments welcome .

Hey Everyone ! First time grower here . I'm very excited ! Just received my Seeds ! I got 4 Strands , 6 seeds for each strand . I'm planning on growing 8 plants ( 2 of each) Don't know the names well. One is Blueberry, 9 lb Hammer, Zino and #13 ?? I think 2 are made up . Not sure abut 9 lb. or Blueberry . Anyone ? I got them from a experienced grower friend . Nice huh, for free too .
I'm planning to grow 1 plant each in a Solo cup ,so there will be 8 plants total. I think 8 will keep me busy down the line .
Need recommendation for brand of soil or type of and Food for plants , duh, for what else Sal. LOL .
I have a helper but the more the Merrier . Thanks all for reading my Journal so far . All comments welcome .
Hey buddy.. I have a Blueberry growing now and I am a FFOF soil user. I amend with earthworm castings, epsom salt, cane sugar. Add in bat guano as a topping along with more castings throughout my grow. Food, I currently use our sponsor @Prescription Blend and my plants adore it.
Just starting out and preparing for my 1st year of growing . Can anyone help me with "Germination". My friend mentioned it before planting in small cups ???
Germination is the act of taking a seed to seed with a tail and sticking it in the soil, a rapid rooter, perlite, whatever media you choose. I personally use organic seed starter mix. I also use a paper towel and paper plate method to germ my seeds-are you familiar? Some here use rapid rooters-have you heard of those? Some use seedling trays with domes and seedling heat mats...a lot of options...I think most of us soak our seeds for 12-24 hours before germinating...yes they could go into small cups or small pots...both with adequate drainage!! I use two sponsors here for my lights although in seedling stage flourescents or even a full spectrum grow light works well. Have you looked at any sponsors for lights/tents/ventilation systems/ nutrients etc? Also a lot of good information in the journals on that. You can also view completed journals. Post a FAQ for immediate answers to issues you are experiencing at the moment. But start a grow journal so you can get us to follow you better and easier...

Have you looked up any journals in progress? Start from the first page. Everyone explains their Germination and seedling plans...lighting, food, soil choices etc.

Thanks everyone for replying . I'm going to try a special germination method . You take shot glasses lined with paper towels ,wet then put seed in, wrap for 2-3 days . Anyone heard of this ? A good friend recommends it.
Hmmm..Shot glass and paper towel I have yet to hear of...wrap it in what?

I do mine I glass water for 12 to 24 hrs then paper towel wet on a plate seeds inside with food bag blown up around it think I've had really good germination rate with that method welcome also

Hello everyone !! Hello @StoneOtter !
I am a 3 yr Cannabis smoker but a "newbie grower " . Just starting out . I just received my first growing light from a friend . :)
It's TATU LED Grow light 1000W Full spectrum . Model # B087MD2XLY from Amazon . Any ideas for setting it up for hanging besides from the ceiling ?
Hey @SensibleSal66 hope you are having a good day.
Ratchet straps are adjustable and easy to use.
Good luck on your new grow.
Stay safe.
Bill

Hiya - provided moisture, warmth and darkness any method will work
As soon as the seed starts to split I plant it in a plug so the root knows where it's going from day 1
Same as Ljb1 I cover them with a bag to maintain a more even air temp/humdity at 23-25C
Most seeds split overnight and are above ground in 3-4 days, very reliable method

I am a 3 yr Cannabis smoker but a "newbie grower " .
Welcome aboard. The folks here will get you going. Sounds like you are thinking of growing in a soil mix in an area in the basement. There are a lot of the group that grows in soil and it can be soil mixes they bought at the store or in soil mixes. Some of them have got it down to a science and will be happy to get you started on the soil end of things.

Best thing to do is spend some time reading through a lot of the message threads here and also doing some research on soils and growing with google searches even if some of the links you find are not about growing Cannabis.

One thing I noticed in one of your messages was that you were not planning on using a tent but instead would be setting up a 4X4 foot area for the plants and the light over them (msg #4). Then in msg #11 you mention that the seeds have arrived and you are planning on starting with 8 plants. Eight healthy and normal sized plants will not fit into a 4 X 4 space. Eight plants might fit if they are kept small. Instead, you might want to do 4 plants or so to get started. Then with experience go up to more plants, etc.

The number of plants and the amount of space they will take up is something else some of the long times members will be able to help you get sorted out. And they will able to help with figuring out how much lighting you will need for 8 plants.

Back
Top Bottom