My First Plant - Cookie Killer (Auto)

Welcome to 420 mag , nice plant dude.I'm an outdoor grower but for the winter months i grow in a fridge freezer for fun & or breeding with very simple air ducting peace to all & good luck to your grow ✌️

Thanks man. I'm going to put plants in with my vegetables this spring and see how that goes. If you have time, I have 2 questions please about growing outdoors:

1.) Is it possible for weed to get too much sun. My garden gets full direct sun all day?

2.) Is there a minimum night time temp you want to see before putting plants in the ground?

Thank you. 👍☮️

How do you like that 1000W Spider Farmer LED?

I don't have anything to compare it to but based on the way my plant is growing so vigorously, I don't see how it would be possible to have a better light in this 1000W category.

I have a rheostat I can plug it into to dim the light but so far have had no reason to even consider doing this. Im not sure why anyone would want to dim their light really?

Yes, I'm mixing 30% coir and 70% MG and these are the numbers/analysis on the bag (see photo). I guess since this is slow release, like osmacote, it's not like a traditional synthetic granular or bottled nutrient that is pretty hot and absorbed all at once in one application.
I see what happened. The N-P-K numbers found on packages for gardening are in percentages of each nutrient in the product whether it is a fertilizer, a soil, or worm-castings. The percentages shown on the bag are .21 percent Nitrogen, .11 percent Phosphorous, and .16 percent Potassium. They are point 21 (.21%) or a tad over 2/10th of 1%, and point 11 (.11%) and so on.

If it had actually been 21% Nitrogen and diluted down with 30% coco the soil would have been 14% Nitrogen and still have been way too "hot" so the plants would quickly die.

So, it looks like you will have to hold onto the bottle of MorBloom;). Before long the nutrients in the soil will be used and you will have to consider whether to start the 0-10-10. I have seen other growers mentioning that they will be using it after their plants start flowering.

I see what happened. The N-P-K numbers found on packages for gardening are in percentages of each nutrient in the product whether it is a fertilizer, a soil, or worm-castings. The percentages shown on the bag are .21 percent Nitrogen, .11 percent Phosphorous, and .16 percent Potassium. They are point 21 (.21%) or a tad over 2/10th of 1%, and point 11 (.11%) and so on.

If it had actually been 21% Nitrogen and diluted down with 30% coco the soil would have been 14% Nitrogen and still have been way too "hot" so the plants would quickly die.

So, it looks like you will have to hold onto the bottle of MorBloom;). Before long the nutrients in the soil will be used and you will have to consider whether to start the 0-10-10. I have seen other growers mentioning that they will be using it after their plants start flowering.

Thanks very much for explaining this. 👍. I have been wrestling with whether or not to use the Morbloom after she starts flowering all things considered.

Part of me wants to not use it and then I can know firsthand what the outcome is as a baseline. But, the greedy part of me wants to use it to get the highest yield.

All things considered with the P and K in the Miracle Grow (even if it's not all used up) I am thinking it would be safe to maybe even start introducing her to a weak solution now that she is in the pre flower stage with pistils all over the plant. I guess I don't know. 🤔😂🤦‍♂️

Thanks very much for explaining this. 👍. I have been wrestling with whether or not to use the Morbloom after she starts flowering all things considered.

Part of me wants to not use it and then I can know firsthand what the outcome is as a baseline. But, the greedy part of me wants to use it to get the highest yield.

All things considered with the P and K in the Miracle Grow (even if it's not all used up) I am thinking it would be safe to maybe even start introducing her to a weak solution now that she is in the pre flower stage with pistils all over the plant. I guess I don't know. 🤔😂🤦‍♂️
You should maybe try diluting it in half with water or maybe more and then gradually increase it watching it for any burn 🔥. CL🍀

Thanks man. I'm going to put plants in with my vegetables this spring and see how that goes. If you have time, I have 2 questions please about growing outdoors:

1.) Is it possible for weed to get too much sun. My garden gets full direct sun all day?

2.) Is there a minimum night time temp you want to see before putting plants in the ground?

Thank you. 👍☮️
Hi there Terrapin Station , 1.) Cannabis likes alot of direct sun/light ,it's the high temperature & the suns intensity that can cause heat stress ,a plant in the ground can tolerate alot more than one in a pot , one sign of to much heat is when the zig zag tips of the leaf cup upwards , if your growing tomatos in your garden with success then u'll be fine . Back in the 80's /90's i grew in the ground with high temps 30-35°c /86-95°f for weeks no proplem , these days i grow in pots & with those temps i move the plants in the shade around 5 or 6 pm
2.)Cannabis can tolerate lower temps then tomatos even when very young, i have had plants out when there was light frost with no damage , though for best result not much lower then 7°c /45°f over night, hope this helps in some way , take care , peace to all & best of luck to your outdoor grow🤙✌️

Hi there Terrapin Station , 1.) Cannabis likes alot of direct sun/light ,it's the high temperature & the suns intensity that can cause heat stress ,a plant in the ground can tolerate alot more than one in a pot , one sign of to much heat is when the zig zag tips of the leaf cup upwards , if your growing tomatos in your garden with success then u'll be fine . Back in the 80's /90's i grew in the ground with high temps 30-35°c /86-95°f for weeks no proplem , these days i grow in pots & with those temps i move the plants in the shade around 5 or 6 pm
2.)Cannabis can tolerate lower temps then tomatos even when very young, i have had plants out when there was light frost with no damage , though for best result not much lower then 7°c /45°f over night, hope this helps in some way , take care , peace to all & best of luck to your outdoor grow🤙✌️
This is very helpful! Thank you for the clear info and your time, much appreciated!! 👍👍☮️

Never considered those dashboard dollar store reflectors before. That’s genius!
They make that same material the dashboard things are made of. Found some at the home Depot. a roll of that an a sheet of Polly shield and you can make a very nice grow box

IMG_20240109_051142016.jpg

IMG_20240111_053352152.jpg

They make that same material the dashboard things are made of. Found some at the home Depot. a roll of that an a sheet of Polly shield and you can make a very nice grow box

IMG_20240109_051142016.jpg

IMG_20240111_053352152.jpg
Looks like hot water heater insulation. 👍

Looks like hot water heater insulation.
Also looks like the insulation that is put around the Styrofoam coolers that are used for shipping tropical fish to stores. I was able to get a stack for the asking but found out that I had to be there before the staff cleans up. Once they did that it was packed up and sent to the dumpster in back where it was compacted. Might be able to dumpster dive behind the smaller neighborhood tropical fish stores.

Also looks like the insulation that is put around the Styrofoam coolers that are used for shipping tropical fish to stores. I was able to get a stack for the asking but found out that I had to be there before the staff cleans up. Once they did that it was packed up and sent to the dumpster in back where it was compacted. Might be able to dumpster dive behind the smaller neighborhood tropical fish stores.
That's something I would do. 😆

@Grand Daddy Black you’ve used Miracle Grow before correct? I believe @Melville Hobbes has as well, blue crystals if I remember right.

Welcome to the community! Definitely make sure you’re paying attention to the details a little better. Your bag of miracle grow clearly says .21 - .11 - .16 Not 21-11-16. That would be a pretty wild bag of potting mix at 21-11-16 and I’d advise you handle it with gloves 😂 Those little details add up, especially in containers. Good luck!

I don't have anything to compare it to but based on the way my plant is growing so vigorously, I don't see how it would be possible to have a better light in this 1000W category.
I used one of those for a couple of years. In fact my first grow journal on here is with one. They're 100 watts, so some guys might get a little salty about the 1000w thing.
It's good, but I like a couple of others better. They have on board dimmers. And on/off switches.
No sense replacing what's working though.
@Grand Daddy Black you’ve used Miracle Grow before correct? I believe @Melville Hobbes has as well, blue crystals if I remember right.
I fried a seedling with the flower blend soil way back, but I have used the blue crystal fertilizer for hot peppers. It can be pretty strong.
I used to know someone who used it for veg, but not flower.
@MicroGrowerMan definitely uses MG, so it can be done well.

Welcome to the community! Definitely make sure you’re paying attention to the details a little better. Your bag of miracle grow clearly says .21 - .11 - .16 Not 21-11-16. That would be a pretty wild bag of potting mix at 21-11-16 and I’d advise you handle it with gloves 😂 Those little details add up, especially in containers. Good luck!
Thank you. This seems like a great group so far. Obviously I have no experience growing weed but I'm loving this Miracle Grow potting mix. It's made my first experience a total joy. 👍

IMG_20240112_093349168.jpg

IMG_20240112_093357984.jpg

I used one of those for a couple of years. In fact my first grow journal on here is with one. They're 100 watts, so some guys might get a little salty about the 1000w thing.
It's good, but I like a couple of others better. They have on board dimmers. And on/off switches.
No sense replacing what's working though.

I fried a seedling with the flower blend soil way back, but I have used the blue crystal fertilizer for hot peppers. It can be pretty strong.
I used to know someone who used it for veg, but not flower.
@MicroGrowerMan definitely uses MG, so it can be done well.
Thanks for your comments man, appreciate it! I'm fascinated with my new hobby.

My plant is 5 weeks old and all I'll I've done is water her until today when I used some Alaska Morbloom at 1/2 strength, it's 0-10-10. My plant is covered with flowers so I thought I'd try this half strength mixture now in addition to what's in the Miracle Grow slow release P K.

IMG_20240112_093349168.jpg

Back
Top Bottom