My First Plant - Cookie Killer (Auto)

I'm in my 15th week with this auto and there's still no sign of any amber resin.

The impatient part of me wants to harvest now wondering if this strain doesn't get amber resin and wondering if my current resin now is deteriorating.

But, as someone said it always takes him 14 weeks to harvest his autos. Any thoughts please?

IMG_20240314_094213652_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240314_094159965~2.jpg
She is definitely close, nice work.
4 to 5 weeks veg 9 to 10 for flower so 13 to 15 weeks is quite common.
Easy way to tell is her nutritional uptake.
When flowering is finished they stop eating. Pistils turn red and crinkle in.
If she is draining her pot on a regular basis she is still flowering. :Namaste:
If it's starting to take longer and longer to drain the pot you know she is finishing and almost ready.
You check the pot weight?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

She is definitely close, nice work.
4 to 5 weeks veg 9 to 10 for flower so 13 to 15 weeks is quite common.
Easy way to tell is her nutritional uptake.
When flowering is finished they stop eating. Pistils turn red and crinkle in.
If she is draining her pot on a regular basis she is still flowering. :Namaste:
If it's starting to take longer and longer to drain the pot you know she is finishing and almost ready.
You check the pot weight?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thank you!

Yes, I use pot weight to determine watering frequency. She used to need watered every 4 days. Now the pot stays wet for 9-10 days at a time.

She has met all criteria for harvest except to have some amber resin. Close to 100% cloudy now.

Due to my inexperience um just not sure if it's a blunder to harvest now or a blunder to keep waiting.

Thank you!

Yes, I use pot weight to determine watering frequency. She used to need watered every 4 days. Now the pot stays wet for 9-10 days at a time.

She has met all criteria for harvest except to have some amber resin. Close to 100% cloudy now.

Due to my inexperience um just not sure if it's a blunder to harvest now or a blunder to keep waiting.
Why not harvest some now, the rest next week, see if you can detect any difference
I chop mostly cloudy and rarely wait for amber but that's just my preference

Thank you!

If it's ten days between she is finished.
I wouldn't wait personally.
But if you like to sink in the couch give a few more days. :Namaste:
If your ready so is she.
Good job.:high-five:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

If it's ten days between she is finished.
I wouldn't wait personally.
But if you like to sink in the couch give a few more days. :Namaste:
If your ready so is she.
Good job.:high-five:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hi Bill, I keep thinking about what you said here. I just want to double check with you . . . there are zero amber trichs and the buds are still swelling but are you saying I'm in danger of having weed that produces couch lock now?

Hi Bill, I keep thinking about what you said here. I just want to double check with you . . . there are zero amber trichs and the buds are still swelling but are you saying I'm in danger of having weed that produces couch lock now?
The longer it goes the more the couch lock effect you get. She has entered the final stage of life.
Thc volume and quality usually has reached it peak by the time she starts to call it quits.
Do you have clear pics of trics?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

The longer it goes the more the couch lock effect you get. She has entered the final stage of life.
Thc volume and quality usually has reached it peak by the time she starts to call it quits.
Do you have clear pics of trics?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

You know I'm ignorant about growing weed but I thought you had to see some amber before you worried about couch lock. Here's some pictures from now. Hopefully they are clear.

IMG_20240317_121720436.jpg
IMG_20240317_121705656.jpg

You know I'm ignorant about growing weed but I thought you had to see some amber before you worried about couch lock. Here's some pictures from now. Hopefully they are clear.

IMG_20240317_121720436.jpg
IMG_20240317_121705656.jpg
Trics are clear when starting to mature.
They go cloudy as they deteriorate and turn amber at the end of the life cycle.
Some plants don’t get amber till they are dead.
Life isn’t a perfect graff sometimes.
You have sections that are turning amber.
And buds that are finished swelling.
You need a scope or app on your phone to get clear tric pics.
That last pic looks like the start of a nanner. :Namaste:

71E40CE6-061B-49CB-9268-145CB221E32E.jpeg

FAD9CFC4-2150-43AF-A398-1EAFD54BAA7F.jpeg

Trics are clear when starting to mature.
They go cloudy as they deteriorate and turn amber at the end of the life cycle.
Some plants don’t get amber till they are dead.
Life isn’t a perfect graff sometimes.
You have sections that are turning amber.
And buds that are finished swelling.
You need a scope or app on your phone to get clear tric pics.
That last pic looks like the start of a nanner. :Namaste:

71E40CE6-061B-49CB-9268-145CB221E32E.jpeg

FAD9CFC4-2150-43AF-A398-1EAFD54BAA7F.jpeg

Man thanks so much! I'm sitting here with amber and am too dumb to see it. 🤦‍♂️ I just looked up a nanner and read about those . . . That's exactly what they are and I have more of those.

So . . . I just took the plant out of the closet to get it away from the other one and because today is harvest day for my first plant. I'm going to cut her at the base in a few minutes.

I'll get a phone app for this.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me learn about this.

Thanks Man!!! 🙏🙏🙏

Man thanks so much! I'm sitting here with amber and am too dumb to see it. 🤦‍♂️ I just looked up a nanner and read about those . . . That's exactly what they are and I have more of those.

So . . . I just took the plant out of the closet to get it away from the other one and because today is harvest day for my first plant. I'm going to cut her at the base in a few minutes.

I'll get a phone app for this.

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me learn about this.

Thanks Man!!! 🙏🙏🙏
Anything you need.
I’m always here.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

As long as the pollen pod didn't open up you're fine.

You must be excited. Your first harvest!!!
Thanks and yes my heart has been pounding ever since I realized today is the day and it still is now even though she is tucked away and hanging at 59 rh and 64 degrees. 🙂

I'm actually super excited now and getting ready to check out the root zone. 👍 What a great day!!!
IMG_20240317_144637472.jpg

Thanks and yes my heart has been pounding ever since I realized today is the day and it still is now even though she is tucked away and hanging at 59 rh and 64 degrees. 🙂

I'm actually super excited now and getting ready to check out the root zone. 👍 What a great day!!!
IMG_20240317_144637472.jpg
Water kills it.
A light mist in the future if it happens again.
Good work. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

The rule of thumb among most is 60/60. 60°/60%.

I dry in my tent so I can get total darkness and control the environment somewhat. Depending on outside environment I get it as close to the 60/60 as I can.

I use the old school method and cut down and hang the entire plant. After a couple days I remove all the large fan leaves and whatever other leaves I feel hold a lot of moisture. After a couple more days I remove the branches from the main stem and hang them to dry for a few more days. When the flowers are getting crispy on the outside but still mushy on the inside I remove them from their branches and jar them. The inner moisture will absorb into the drier outer layers and rehydrate the flower. If it's too wet I'll remove them from the jar and spread them over a drying net to allow the outer part of the flower to dry again then put them back into the jar to rehydrate. I'll do this until the flower is dry enough in the jar to be able to have to only burp the jars a couple times a day. Burp means open the jar for a time to give it a chance to expel whatever moisture built up in the jar.

As far as air circulation I setup my fan so that I get a nice swirl of air moving throughout the tent and in between the branches when I first cut it down. I also try and open the branches when I first hang the entire plant so that I don't get any moisture sinks where mold can take hold.

After the flowers are stable enough to keep in the jar I like to leave them a few more weeks to both continue drying and to begin the curing phase.

Thanks again for this. I'm re-reading it now.

I have these little meters I ordered to go inside the jars. Do you have a target Rh for the burping process?

Thanks again for this. I'm re-reading it now.

I have these little meters I ordered to go inside the jars. Do you have a target Rh for the burping process?
I like to start a little high. 66 ish.
Then burp down to 62%.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

The root ball was a surprise. I thought she was root bound but there is a nice white fleshy healthy root system. I think it looks pretty good for going from seed to harvest in 15 weeks.

IMG_20240317_145644517.jpg
IMG_20240317_145543903.jpg

Back
Top Bottom