My First Plant - Cookie Killer (Auto)

I don't rely on those packs or the little hygros - I bought a pack of 6 and not one of them gives the same readings
Now I go purely by the smell and feel of the buds

i have a pile of cheap plastic ones and they are all about 10% off from each other. they work great to get you into the window for cure though. they don't have to be exact, just close.

This is very cool!!

A friend of mine smoked mine and suggested I call it Blue Sunshine. I didn't get it and he had to explain it to me.

I know you have been a deadhead much longer than me, I wonder if you get it? Lol
Sky was yellow and the sun wuz blue.

This plant has quit using water and will be harvested next week or the week after ( the 14th week) based on the other plant.

I'm thinking the reason why I'm seeing a handful of large fan leaves deteriorating is because the plant is shutting down. Does this sound correct?
IMG_20240418_091154272_HDR.jpg

Sounds like she's done. Waiting another week or two will likely only serve to degrade trichomes. Have you scoped them yet?

Also, yes, at the end of the grow she will cannibalize the fan leaves to keep the buds in the best shape they can.

Sounds like she's done. Waiting another week or two will likely only serve to degrade trichomes. Have you scoped them yet?

Also, yes, at the end of the grow she will cannibalize the fan leaves to keep the buds in the best shape they can

Thank you.

Looking through my jewelers loop I can't see any amber and it looks like it is about 70% cloudy and 30% clear.

I'm under the impression you want at least as close as you can get to 100% cloudy to harvest even if there is no amber, or I'd harvest now.

I'm under the impression you want at least as close as you can get to 100% cloudy to harvest even if there is no amber, or I'd harvest now.
Right. The clear trichs are essentially empty structures waiting to be filled with the cannabinoids which are the cloudy resin that fills the structures. Then, as the cannabinoids begin to degrade they turn from cloudy/milky, to more amber.

So, there's definitely a sweet spot, and you don't want to harvest early. From then on its grower's choice, mostly cloudy = a more "up" energetic high, while more amber tends toward couchlock. I like mine more amber but you get to harvest when you want as one of the benefits of growin' yur own!

Has anyone ever noticed photos have a tendency to be more leggy the first week when the seeds break through the soil?

I was so impressed with the autos the first week:
IMG_20240130_093658531~2.jpg

But all 3 varieties of my photos are way too leggy:
IMG_20240423_122819564_HDR.jpg

I'm getting the issue corrected by letting them dry out and increasing the light and a gentle fan on them so I'm not worried . . .

But it seems to me it is their nature to be more leggy than autos?

Has anyone ever noticed photos have a tendency to be more leggy the first week when the seeds break through the soil?

I was so impressed with the autos the first week:
IMG_20240130_093658531~2.jpg

But all 3 varieties of my photos are way too leggy:
IMG_20240423_122819564_HDR.jpg

I'm getting the issue corrected by letting them dry out and increasing the light and a gentle fan on them so I'm not worried . . .

But it seems to me it is their nature to be more leggy than autos?
If they are stretching too much lower your light.
Also I use horseshoe pins for protection from bumping ans accidents.
Dollar store has them.
Looks good though my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

If they are stretching too much lower your light.
Also I use horseshoe pins for protection from bumping ans accidents.
Dollar store has them.
Looks good though my friend. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
That's what I did to stop the stretching, I was at 12 DLI like the auto but had to go up to 250 DLI to get them straightened around.

So my experience bears out what @bluter just said and so the plant ultimately determines the light requirements as opposed to a chart.

Thanks man! 👍☮️

Back
Top Bottom