My Latest Journey Into Zkittlez Auto Land

Grower2020

Not sure if the pics are in order that I selected them to be uploaded . From week 1 thriugh to trained plants at the end of week 3 and beginning of week 4 which starts tomorrow as I literally just finished training and defoliating. Some people say ohhh too much stress too much stress. But honestly cannabis can take a flogging and bounce back instantly . As soon as I expose new shoots by way of defoliating and lst the results are abundant and show within a couple of days just how effective it really is.
Zkittlez auto
21 days in trained photos.
6x6 tent
Grow medium is searles premium potting mix
2.5 gallon plastic collapsible grow pots
Grow light is the 600 watt samsung lm301b.( I did a par test and the only place in the tent the par is below 400 is in the corners of the tent which is the furthest distance from the light . Amazing coverage for 600 watt )
20hrs on and 4 off
4 inch carbon filter. Not scrubbing just cleaning on extraction
Oscillating fan which circulates the entire tent nicely .
Veg fert is thrive all purpose recommended dose, liquid 5 in 1 half dose and oz magic monsta bud .
Bloom fert will be thrive bloom blend . And oz magic monsta bud
Watering twice a week at 6.2ph. One plain water with ph 6.2 and second water is nutes also at 6.2.
Only watering to run off when watering with plain water.
Very easy to set up and following my old faithful routine which is cool proof .
Stick around for more uploads of my journal
Peace and thanks for stopping by.

20210518_194413.jpg

20210526_195129.jpg

20210526_195141.jpg

20210526_195147.jpg

20210526_195216.jpg

20210515_135109.jpg

20210526_195222.jpg

20210523_092402.jpg

They're looking great grower2020, you're on course for an amazing canopy of plants.

Those plastic pots are interesting, first time I've come across them. Is the plastic woven into a material to let water and roots through, or do you need to make drainage holes in the bottom?

They're looking great grower2020, you're on course for an amazing canopy of plants.

Those plastic pots are interesting, first time I've come across them. Is the plastic woven into a material to let water and roots through, or do you need to make drainage holes in the bottom?
Thanks brother. I just took the light up 6-7 inches and cut it back from 21hrs to 18hrs because I noticed mild signs of stunting and crinkled heat stressed leaves on the top colas . They seem to have recovered and are back in swing again. Dropped my nutes back also. They pots come with holes in them just not able to be seen . They are all down the bottom and in the sides . They drain well enough and I just water minimally with nutes I prepare the previous day which I aerate to pump the air into the soil to make up for the fact that I don't have fabric pots because I can't justify the price. I think it's a rip off personally . These plastic pots are only like 1 dollar and 10cents per 2.5gal pot. And the drip trays are only 1 dollar each also. I was a bit skeptical on a few things to begin with as always but once they reach this stage i always feel a lot better . Cant really stuff it up from here on. Im a bit of a stress head and a perfectionist because I get really pissed at myself if I make an avoidable mistake. I tend to do a lot of things others say not to do and get great results. I don't do the latter to prove any points Its just the way I taught myself to grow and sifted through all the bs info people tried to feed me along the way because I'm my town people like to eliminate their competition through any way possible. I'm not like that I like to help people and I'm not greedy that's why I joined this site,. To give my honest opinions but also learn from others too . Don't want to be a stale grower i want to keep my mind open . Cheers for stopping by brother and your welcome here any time. Peace

Sorted out the definite reason my plants were a little pale and slightly droopy,
Definitely an over watering issue . Could probably get away with watering once a week with these plastic collapsible pots as they hold moisture extremely well. Definitely need to back off on the watering before I cause some real problems like root rot.
Won't be watering for atleast 5 days from this point.
Usually an outdoor grower and have never run into over watering problems because the sun dries the pots out a lot faster. Just have to relax and not over tend to them and just let them do their thing. Note to self......don't fkn water again until the soil is almost bone dry you idiot lol

As the plants get bigger so do the roots, in a couple weeks time they will start to drain those pots quickly.
I've got an 9 week old amnesia auto in a 7 gallon pot, it's draining the pot in 4 days now.

To add to my diagnosis I have found some light stress symptoms on the tips of the leaves which would be causing the pale green discoloration of most of the plants throughout the grow. I have had to move the light up to basically 1meter above the plants to get the heat and excessive lumens away from the plants. That's about 35cm above the recommended height. Also my light does not have a dimmer so the light is at max height in the tent to get it away from the plants. Here's a picture of classic light burn. As homer Simpson would say enthusiastically lol DOH . Lol

20210602_211928.jpg

Latest pics after easing up on the watering, nutes and also lifting the light an extra 11 inches above recommended height to avoid the light burn. Seems they are enjoying their new weather and I may have found my vegetation sweet spot for light height . ;) happy times and about 90 colas in the making.

20210604_070051.jpg

Daily update. Plants seen to be stretching nicely now that I have raised the light and lowered the heat and lumens to 600ppfd . Bought a humidity meter today too and noticed my humidity way like 30 all the way through veg . They would have been so much bigger if I had the correct humidity the entire grow . Next item I buy will be a humidifier and dehumidifier with auto sensor to control the humidity. And a small air conditioner also. And maybe upgrade the light to an 800 watt draw mars hydro to properly fill out the 6x6 tent .

20210605_152622.jpg

Some great plans ahead.
Have a look at the ink bird control meters for humidity and temperature . I'm just about to buy the humidity one. I've had the temp one controlling my heating for the past seven years. Very accurate and reliable for a decent price, as you can see that last ages aswell.

The meter has two plug sockets, you plug in the humidifier and the ink bird switches it on and off automatically for required levels.
You have humidifier in one socket and the dehumidifier in the other socket.
Have a search on Google or the Amazon.
Ink bird humidity controller.
The temperature one, I can plug a heater in one socket and a a.c. or extractor fan in the other socket and it will keep my room at exact temp. Very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom