My Latest Journey Into Zkittlez Auto Land

They are certainly working on it!
That's awesome I'm so happy I didn't just lose them all. I did contemplate tossing them at one stage, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and if things aren't all they could be then i tend to reject a less than 100% outcome. But I'm working on my patience and accepting things for what it is.
Growing as a person you might say lol

That's awesome I'm so happy I didn't just lose them all. I did contemplate tossing them at one stage, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and if things aren't all they could be then i tend to reject a less than 100% outcome. But I'm working on my patience and accepting things for what it is.
Growing as a person you might say lol
Growing pot seems to do that to people.... I have come a long ways in personal development over the last few years, because of pot and this forum.

Growing pot seems to do that to people.... I have come a long ways in personal development over the last few years, because of pot and this forum.
It's definitely good for personal development I 100% agree. All the learning and adapting to change such as deficiencies and mistakes. Learning to accept....reflect ....and then prospect .

So when I water now that they have dried out I can actually wet the whole medium as long as they have good drainage which they do and also as long as they are dry again before the next watering right ?

And we are back in full swing of bud after major issues :) hard work, persistence, patience and study pays off :) standing tall :)

20210617_070248.jpg

They are back and looking good!

NTH
Thanks brother. Was only a couple of days away from shredding them and giving the leaf to a cancer friend for butter . But then this happened. I thought nar I'll give them a decent recovery time which was about 9 days after transplanting into the insect screen DIY pots . Watering every 2.5 days now as a result of the extra air getting to the soil and the dehumidifier . Running a temp of almost 30 degrees and an RH of 55-60 And they are just living it . The droop a little for about the most part of one day after watering and then then the next morning they are back up and going hard again. So pleased . Hoping to get atleast 10-12 oz from the 10 nice ones in there. They might not be tall but most of them have between 10-16 top colas hanging off each one. I call them football's lol.
Added some dolomite lime to top layers n worked in. Upgraded my ph pen to nail on, bought ppm meter and increased nutes , lowered light back down to 60cm down from 84cm . Oh and also gave a decent shot of pk13/14 . So sorted out the deficiencies pretty well I think. Cal, mag, phos, potassium and upped nitro , not by much with the nitro but the organic food I give them only has small doses something like 6% nitro and 2% p and k . Was only feeding about 400ppm pre flower. Now they are up around 800ppm . Pretty happy with myself for literally bringing them back to life . All with the help of @Emilya @013 @Nine Toed Hippie thanks everyone for your input and reassurance it means a lot. Helped me make it work and encouraged me to not give up. The study online and the belief lead me to learn a ton more useful information from reliable sources during this recovery process.
Basically as you can see the leaves are almost all perfectly flat and displaying signs of health and equal uptake of nutrient and water.
So happy. 40 days it's harvest time and I will have completed a fairly useful journal to some new inexperienced growers that can learn from a crop that covered a broad range of problems. Peace y'all and stay medicated :)

20210617_102333.jpg

20210617_070248.jpg

Starting to do my last lst on them. No topping has occurred and no accidental snappages either . All plants have their original cola still in tact.
Can't believe this plant has around 18 cola sites . It's going to be a yielder and it's not even the biggest plant. Just the first one I grabbed from the tent to lst. Could end up with more like 16_18 oz if left to full maturity. May even do a progressive harvest with two picks. Snip all the fully matured top sites off and allow the bottoms to rock up while the tops are drying ;)
Final update for today

20210617_164300.jpg

Ok so my last post was meant to be the final post for the day lol but I ended up doing about 3hrs of low stress training tonight and opened them right up. So I thought I should post some pics and add it to my journal so I don't get behind with the updates and end up having to try and remember everything I did at the end of the week lol
Now that I have spread the branches out it really shows how many actual bud points there is in here. There should be in excess of a pound really realistically . My last zkittlez auto yielded pretty heavy and it spent it's first couple of weeks of flower in My back yard only getting about 3hrs sun per day. I'm hoping to see just a solid blanket of buds in the par available area of this tent where the plants are and i can't wait to upgrade my light to a 1000watt true powered black dog led . The hard parts are all done, deficiencies sorted , no bugs, equipment working a treat, nutes sorted and on point and all measured correctly.
Now to just keep them wet when they need with the right foods and just sit back and wait. Maybe one more little defoliation in a couple of weeks to really get that light penetrating deep as possible.
Hope who ever is reading this is doing well and your grow thrives or bounces back from disaster in style like this one has. Thank the grow gods for my good luck :)
Peace

20210617_204203.jpg

20210617_212439.jpg

20210617_230636.jpg

20210617_204135.jpg

Wow .....just wow. They are exploding into absolute powerhouse yielding machines. I think it's absolutely imperative to lst short compact plants 2 weeks into flower if you want light getting past the leaves. defoliation would have to be far too aggressive to allow enough light into the mid and bottom shoots without lst . This is a much more productive way to manipulate them. But some defoliation is still necessary to allow the light to the bottom of the plants, just not every leaf you see. If it's covering a nice bud ....remove it . If it's hanging on the bottom side of the branch and not covering anything....leave it. I try not to take the leaves closest to the top of the colas but if I need to remove one or two because they are going to hinder light I will remove 1 or 2 to if I absolutely have to. I think I may need to do one more small defoliation in about 2-3 weeks for the home stretch of flowering and that will be it. Once I remove the last new leaves that grow to cover bud sites after this defoliation the remaining leaves won't get much of a chance to grow much bigger and cover bud sites before harvest.
Can't wait to have a blanket of buds to share and to have on my journal.
Persistence, patience and pride. It's a ride but I love every second of it.

20210618_075300.jpg

They did blow up! Can’t wait to see the harvest.

NTH
Thanks man . I'm so glad the first 30 days work wasn't all for nothing and so happy that they recovered well from the wet feet.
It's been fun doing a journal also, will be good to look back on and try to better my grows each time .
Hey bro do you have a grow your currently doing? I checked your profile but no posts ?

Thanks man . I'm so glad the first 30 days work wasn't all for nothing and so happy that they recovered well from the wet feet.
It's been fun doing a journal also, will be good to look back on and try to better my grows each time .
Hey bro do you have a grow your currently doing? I checked your profile but no posts ?
Yes I do have a journal going. NTH’s Grow Corner I believe. Had more traffic in my new member intro though. It’s kinda in the early stages at the moment. Doing good though. Have three girls going. Miss GG, Miss AK and Miss P. Going to transplant to soil and put under the lights in a week or two.
image.jpg

My first grow so I’m just getting my feet wet.

NTH

Latest update. Repotted as it seems as though a lot of my problems and deficiencies may be caused by rootbinding . I have on my just learned that root bound plants can become deficient and show signs of deficiency and wilting. Which can throw you off in a million different directions at once and leave you scratching your head when you eliminate all possible reasons for not uptaking nutrients at the roots . Soil ph, salt build ups, over watering, nutrients and ppm , temperature and humidity, all of these things were eliminated one by one . As costly as it was I definitely learned a lot.
And one thing I learned that I will never mistakenly do again. Is underestimate how much root zone and the size of the pot that zkittlez auto needs to complete it's cycle . Or any plant photo or auto for that matter.
I got some 18l pots . Put a layer of the same medium into the pots about 4inches in the bottom of the 18l pots. Placed the DIY insect mesh pots into the new pot still in mosquito mesh as the roots are growing through thr mesh pots easily . Even though I'm in flower I have made minimal stress on the plants by doing it this way . The roots should now be continue to grow through flowering as the plant will instruct the roots to grow so that it can produce bigger yields. They say roots do not grow in flowering but they actual do. Especially if a plant becomes rootbound, you carefully repot it , then watch the plant pick right back up where it left off . Bit of root stretch and back on track and productive.

20210624_000602.jpg

20210624_000802.jpg

20210624_000542.jpg

20210624_000516.jpg

Day 48 . Hopefully get some kind of yield after all the bs I've been through with this crop. Would be happy with a half pound from 11 plants . Hopefully hit those numbers minimum to pay for the outlay of the tent, carbon filter , seeds and light etc
Next time round I'll start with a full disinfect on the tent and grow utensils , followed by throwing away the crappy small pots and potting mix , followed by purchasing canna coco pro plus coco, + canna nutes and calmag, followed by a repeat of zkittlez auto . Followed by adding an Air conditioner on cool/dehumidify mode to the room outside the tent so that during flowering I can run the carbon filter full time and the vacuum into the tent will be prepared air and humidity perfect for the tent . I'm also going to hook up an offgrid solar system to inverter and run the grow lights and the air conditioner off the solar all day to save on elec and avoid suspicion from the high elec bills .
Have it all planned out and done my homework on the technical issues and I'm ready for hydroponics coco grows.
Can't wait to venture into coco .

20210625_003445.jpg

I have zero experience in growing but I’m thinking you will make well over a half pound. Absolutely love your off the grid ideas. Please please please tag me if you don’t see me in that journal. Sounds very interesting. I have a beautiful and very secluded place where this would work fantastically. This place has a well water source only.

NTH

Thanks man I hope to have the offgrid setup within the next couple of months. After i harvest this lot and then I can buy what I need to do it.
Climate control is so important when it comes to indoor growing. Having the right climate is imperative to avoiding soooooo many problems that come with not having it under control. Over Half of my elec usage in summer will come from the solar and at night I'll switch it over to the grid power until I can afford a battery bank the next grow after that so I can have stored power from the day to get me through the night too.
All in good time . Can't wait to be fully off grid and save money and the risk of raising suspicion through higher than average elec bills. I want to have be running a 1000 true watt led lm0301b light by not the next crop but the one after . I can then fill my 6x6 wall to wall , corner to corner . Can't wait to have a 3 ft photoperiod jungle in there :)

I'm absolutely stoked about how much these babies have bounced back for me .
N to think I was contemplating just canning the entire grow and starting again. Instead now I'm harvesting in about 25 days :) very pleased :)

20210626_121552.jpg

20210626_121534.jpg

20210626_121605.jpg

20210625_003445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom