My LEDs are killing my plants!

Don’t know the original post is 6 years old. Your issue is a water/root and light issue. What’s your grow media? Seems small to support enough roots for the plant, nutes?. Also, “leggy”, what’s your light source?
Yep, he is literally in like about a solo cup of medium.
Unless thats just a basket and he is in Hydro

Don’t know the original post is 6 years old. Your issue is a water/root and light issue. What’s your grow media? Seems small to support enough roots for the plant, nutes?. Also, “leggy”, what’s your light source?
Using 2x Mars hydro ts 3000, 1.2mx2.4m tent, 2x gt901 nft trays, but I put the rockwool into net pots to raise them up slightly off the root mat so they don't get saturated.
As I thought they were getting saturated,
Roots look amazing!
Temps are perfect, rh 55%, ventilation is perfect, ppms at 800 using canna a&b, pH 5.7.
Everything is spot on and I've been scratching my head and stressing out.

What brandof light??? Does it have a dimmer? Do you have a light meter?? Good app on phone. Photone. Reads real close to $500+ meters. Baby’s up to two week around 300 PPFDVeg go to 600 flower up to 1200. PPFD. 1200 is extremely high and more suited to co2 grows but some can hack it no worries. Some totally freak out. Another game to play. Good luck. If you ever buy another led save up. Don’t get that blurple rubbish. I am running. HLG lighting and couldn’t be happier with them.

Sorry for the late reply my friend, was using 2x Mars hydro ts 3000.
I changed the light for a 250w mh and they came back nicely.
I checked the intensity of led lights with a lux light meter and the led had twice the intensity of the 250w mh at 25% power.
I'm sure now that led lights are far more powerful when it comes to light intensity.
Nothing else changed except from the light and now they look amazing!
I've added 1 led back in at 25% power and see what happens.

I have been growing my own for over 15 years. Its in coco and every condition is perfect. These are Chem 4. These plants have sister plants that match and been together since I cloned them them just 8 ft away under a 400MH doing perfectly.

When I removed the GG4 and Green Crack out from under the LEDs and back to the MH they came right back to life and are doing very well.

Its the light, I just dont know why. It really upsets me because I had really high hopes for replacing my HIDs and spent good money on these.

PS: Its the standard full spectrum.
Hi mate did you ever find out what was causing this?
Mine look exactly the same and I'm desperately trying to figure this shit out.

20211231_163021.jpg

20211231_162955.jpg

20211231_162951.jpg

Screenshot_20211231-162856_Gallery.jpg

In green title bar above each post us the date of the post…. Terp hasn’t logged on since 2015.

rockwool holds ton of water but many types of hydro need air gap between roots and water, I think purple stems indicate mag def…. but I’m going to shout at @bluter to swing by. This dude can grow stellar crops in mud puddle or Sahara desert

best of luck

hi @roboquaid

are you running a flood table or dwc ?
as @Nunyabiz mentioned it looks like there is not enough media supporting root structure to keep the plant going.

When I first set up these lights couple weeks ago, I put a perfectly healthy GG4 and a Green Crack under them to veg a bit. The leaves started yellowing, wilting and, clawing right away. I pulled them out from under the LEDs and put them back under the 400 MH and they are growing fast and green again.

I dismissed this as the LEDs being to close and warm. They were at 12" and I didnt have a thermometer at the time.

Now I put 3 Chem 4 under the LED lights and they are doing the same thing. But now I know the temp is only 74° and lights at 18"

These LEDs are killing everything I put under them in a matter of a couple days and start growing fine again after putting the back under my MH.

WTF??????????????????????

Before (3 days ago):
IMG_36892.jpg

IMG_36884.jpg

IMG_36874.jpg

Now:
IMG_36928.jpg

IMG_36915.jpg

IMG_36902.jpg
Probably needed to acclimate them for a little while.

I have been growing my own for over 15 years. Its in coco and every condition is perfect. These are Chem 4. These plants have sister plants that match and been together since I cloned them them just 8 ft away under a 400MH doing perfectly.

When I removed the GG4 and Green Crack out from under the LEDs and back to the MH they came right back to life and are doing very well.

Its the light, I just dont know why. It really upsets me because I had really high hopes for replacing my HIDs and spent good money on these.

PS: Its the standard full spectrum.
i am a 502 grower in washington and have been dealing with same issues.

Back
Top Bottom