My Loft Grow - Auto Sweet Dwarf & Kera California Nugget

loftyman

Hey guys,

Tried a couple of times to grow before to no avail, back on it this time and wanted to keep a journal.

Using an old wardrobe, insulated throughout, vented to outside and 250W HPS. Soil grow in stuff containing John Innes #2, suitable for seedlings, etc.

Currently about 2.5 weeks in with the Sweet Dwarf, 2 weeks with the California Nugget.

Mainly here for interest, see other grows and get advice on mine - which I could currently do with!

My Sweet Dwarf isn't looking fantastic at the minute, I've only just managed to to get a fan in to circulate air properly, but any advice is appreciated :)

Old growth on both is bad.

Temps sit between 21-26 degrees C (off/on temps), reasonably controlled.

Sweet Dwarf:
sweetdwarf_top.png

sweetdwarf_side.png

sweetdwarf_sag.png

clawleaves.png

California Nugget:
califnug_side.png

califnug.png

Any advice to correct and have sweet looking plants much appreciated!!

Hey and welcome to 420 :welcome:

Let's try and get your lasses back in shape, it's gonna be easier to identify what the problem might be if you provide some more info and some more pictures.

What fertilizers are you using?

How close to the plants is your light?

Is your soil pre-fertilized? and is there something in there that makes the soil airy like sand/gravel/LECA/perlite/woodchips etc.?

What's the pH of your soil/water?

:Namaste:

Thanks! :Namaste:

The only fertilizer/airaiter in the soil is the John Innes compound (although it seems as though Perlite could have been a good call here -- live and learn!)

The plants are probably around 50cm from the light - This seems far, although the distance of node growth is great - happy to try and raise the plants though, as the light can't go any lower.

From a bunch of reading and a friend's help last night, it's looking like pH is probably to blame (plus possible over-watering in one pot) -- I've since read tap water should be left sat for ~24 hours before being used, and I think this threw my pH readings off!

Running some tests last night I found that;

Straight from the tap the pH read at 7.6 - based on this I'd been using an appropriate amount of pH- to bring it back into shape -- however, being a newbie I didn't retry this with the stored water I was actually using for water, which, when tested last night was at a far more sensible 6.3 -- problem was I'd still been giving it the same pH-!

I'll obviously now be testing this water before it's next used, but is it possible/likely the chlorine in the water could have thrown off my pH readings originally?

Newer growth from the last watering that had almost no pH- in is looking far healthier, I'll try and get back with pictures of it later/tomorrow :)

Sorry for the essay!!

:thanks:

Nice that they're getting better and good you got on top of that pH issue.

If you want more airy soil you can do a replant/transplant into new soil, just leaving whatever's hanging onto the roots and let them grow into the new soil mix.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom