My Perpetual Foursome

@MrSauga Hey bro I was thinking: the plant I use BE on. I'll keep at 4.5g of MC. When it's ready to be increased (prob after stretch) I plan to start adding .5 grams of BE instead. Increase as necessary. But do you think that's a good way to start? Or should I start BE later in flower, and decrease my mc to 4.5g later on if necessary?
The first thing you need to do is reach between 5.5 and 6g/gal of MC which will be in flower or right around flip time depending how hungry your plants have been.

If you drop the MC too low the plant will lack Ca and Mg which will show up as defs. When the plant has been in the second week of flower then you can give the BE with the current level of MC you are at, so let's say 6g. You would feed 6g MC with 1g BE during the second week of flower through harvest.

At that point you're watching for signs of overfeeding which is fine as long as it doesn't run away on you.

@MrSauga Hey bro I was thinking: the plant I use BE on. I'll keep at 4.5g of MC. When it's ready to be increased (prob after stretch) I plan to start adding .5 grams of BE instead. Increase as necessary. But do you think that's a good way to start? Or should I start BE later in flower, and decrease my mc to 4.5g later on if necessary?
Havoc, I don't think you need to decrease (or maintain) your MC dosage in order to use the BE. You want to keep your Nitrogen levels as they normally would be feeding on MC. Use of BE adds P and K only. I'm using BE @ 1g per gallon and increasing MC as normal according to what the plant tells me. I'm growing autos and did not start using the supplements (BE and Sweet Candy) until the plants were around 50 days old. I use 1g each and do not plan to increase the dosage.

While I'm definitely not an expert on this topic, the plants "seem" to love it! :Rasta:

The first thing you need to do is reach between 5.5 and 6g/gal of MC which will be in flower or right around flip time depending how hungry your plants have been.

If you drop the MC too low the plant will lack Ca and Mg which will show up as defs. When the plant has been in the second week of flower then you can give the BE with the current level of MC you are at, so let's say 6g. You would feed 6g MC with 1g BE during the second week of flower through harvest.

At that point you're watching for signs of overfeeding which is fine as long as it doesn't run away on you.
Havoc, I don't think you need to decrease (or maintain) your MC dosage in order to use the BE. You want to keep your Nitrogen levels as they normally would be feeding on MC. Use of BE adds P and K only. I'm using BE @ 1g per gallon and increasing MC as normal according to what the plant tells me. I'm growing autos and did not start using the supplements (BE and Sweet Candy) until the plants were around 50 days old. I use 1g each and do not plan to increase the dosage.

While I'm definitely not an expert on this topic, the plants "seem" to love it! :Rasta:
Nice that clears up a lot much appreciated fellas.

So I decided to top the 4 first main nodes. Also did a lot more spreading. Opened up the middle. Will give a nice watering tomorrow. This should conclude anymore cutting and most of the bending. I may bend and tie here and there just to keep canopy even. But as it stands these plants should be perrrrdy wide.

Attachments

• IMG_20200308_161844545.jpg
    IMG_20200308_161844545.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200308_161804539.jpg
    IMG_20200308_161804539.jpg
    928.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20200308_160843574.jpg
    IMG_20200308_160843574.jpg
    871.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20200308_160015657.jpg
    IMG_20200308_160015657.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200308_155121335.jpg
    IMG_20200308_155121335.jpg
    921.4 KB · Views: 42
Morning after final top. They aren't showing any signs of slowing. Someone told me Peach puree grows tall I can see they weren't lying. Some bending fixes that. Watered til runoff 4grams per gal.

Have a great day

Attachments

• IMG_20200309_055209910.jpg
    IMG_20200309_055209910.jpg
    1,010.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200309_055201980.jpg
    IMG_20200309_055201980.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20200308_161844545.jpg
    IMG_20200308_161844545.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Hey all. Had to do even more tying and bending. The middle was outgrowing the outer edges so i evened it out. They're looking great. The quadlines working nice,as well as my planter squares. Also did some light strategic defol.

Feeding at 4grams per gallon water til run off. Going to flip at day 50. By then I'll be atleast at 5g per gallon. At that point I'll also switch out my viparspar for the budget LED s3 260.

These babies are gonna dwarf my first journal plants, canopy width wise.

I'm tempted to add this to my repertoire.
It's sort of like @Vulx that is sponsored here I think. Root stimulation and increased nutrient uptake. I'm just a personal fan of FF. I've been thinking about Vulx also I'm wondering which one might be better?

Attachments

• IMG_1060_1024x1024.jpg
    IMG_1060_1024x1024.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 33
I use to mix Happy Frog & FFOF 50/50 for my past grows. Always worked well. This is the 1st time I used straight FFOF.
Looks like those babies are getting big. Going to be a jungle in there. Have you switched to flower yet? Mine aren't quite as bushy as yours but went ahead & flipped anyway. I usually veg closer to 8 weeks but only went 5 this time. Curious how much difference yield will be between 5 weeks & 8 weeks of veg.

It's sort of like @Vulx that is sponsored here I think. Root stimulation and increased nutrient uptake. I'm just a personal fan of FF. I've been thinking about Vulx also I'm wondering which one might be better?
Try it and see, Havoc! Curious minds want to know. :Rasta:

I use to mix Happy Frog & FFOF 50/50 for my past grows. Always worked well. This is the 1st time I used straight FFOF.
Looks like those babies are getting big. Going to be a jungle in there. Have you switched to flower yet? Mine aren't quite as bushy as yours but went ahead & flipped anyway. I usually veg closer to 8 weeks but only went 5 this time. Curious how much difference yield will be between 5 weeks & 8 weeks of veg.
Nope I'm flowering at day 50. I use happy frog soil also. But this isn't soil it's a root stimulator.
Try it and see, Havoc! Curious minds want to know. :Rasta:
I’d think it would work great :morenutes:
I agree I think I'll go ahead and get it. Since it seems so simple to use..

Edit: shipping is way too expensive for now ;( almost 100.00$ even on Amazon.

They are not the same at all. I whole-heartedly recommend using microbes and natural amendments. Microbes break down organic material and leave behind plant-available cations. The microbes in this mix essentially boost the speed that the organic materials in the bag break down.

Living soil is full of microbes and Vulx has the same or better effect on plants grown in it.

The term "amendment" is a bit broad and confusing. Comparing Vulx to this would be analagous to comparing perlite to worm castings.

Which one provides a bigger impact depends on the limiting factor at play - adding more organic nutrients and microbes will not have an effect after a certain point. Adding Vulx will.

They are not the same at all. I whole-heartedly recommend using microbes and natural amendments. Microbes break down organic material and leave behind plant-available cations. The microbes in this mix essentially boost the speed that the organic materials in the bag break down.

Living soil is full of microbes and Vulx has the same or better effect on plants grown in it.

The term "amendment" is a bit broad and confusing. Comparing Vulx to this would be analagous to comparing perlite to worm castings.

Which one provides a bigger impact depends on the limiting factor at play - adding more organic nutrients and microbes will not have an effect after a certain point. Adding Vulx will.
Appreciate the response. I'll look more into Vulx.

It seems pretty expensive. Which is fine, if you can afford it. From what I'm reading I'll have to put atleast 75grams of Vulx per gallon. I use 7gallons x 4. I think my soil and total mega crop usage is less money per plant.

Back
Top Bottom