My plant is male?

empath

Hi everyone!

As all of u know im new to this and im not sure if this plant is male or not as u can see it looks like a female but i poped one of them and it contained something like a thin green chillie seed like white thinggy inside does that means its a herma ?

Thanks !

20230315_013526.jpg

20230315_013545.jpg

20230315_015146.jpg

Hi everyone!

As all of u know im new to this and im not sure if this plant is male or not as u can see it looks like a female but i poped one of them and it contained something like a thin green chillie seed like white thinggy inside does that means its a herma ?

Thanks !

20230315_013526.jpg

20230315_013545.jpg

20230315_015146.jpg
That would be the start of a seed, so it got pollenated. Don't know if it was from hermie or from stray pollen from another source.
Male flowers look like the picture. they hang or cluster, sometimes you can get what people call nanners late in flower, male flowers that look like bananas in the bud. By that time, they don't make viable seeds
Do you wash your room down after every grow?

IMG_1373.JPG

Those bright white pistils in both pictures are from female flowers. The males look like Joe B's pics.
Im confused now does that means shes got pollenated as j b claims or what ? I got another 3 different plant next to it in the same tent ! I need to know what to do ! Does it have effected on another plants in veg state ? Or only flowered plants ?

Male flowers will only affect female plants with pistils, though those can still develop in a limited way in veg. I'm with Vet in that I don't see anything to worry about from the limited pics you've shown us.

Hi @empath! Looks like a healthy female. I agree with Vet and Azi that you have nothing to worry about. Your third photo in post #1 does show she was pollinated and produced a seed. From the looks of the seed itself, pollination must have occurred several weeks ago. How that happened is a mystery, but I don't see any male flowers there. Congrats!

Im confused now does that means shes got pollenated as j b claims or what ? I got another 3 different plant next to it in the same tent ! I need to know what to do !
There is no problem. Even if it was pollinated it does not mean that a seed would form and grow. Even if the seed did grow the world will not end, the plant will not die, nothing turns to poison, and so on.;).

In fact, if you worry too much you might miss seeing other minor issues that can end up being more important.

Does it have effected on another plants in veg state ? Or only flowered plants ?
Basic sexual reproduction says that in order for the female plant to form a seed there has to be female flowers. Female plants still in a vegetative stage are safe until they flower.

Back
Top Bottom