My two grow rooms: They have evolved over the years

Two grow rooms, 4'w x 4'l x 8'h and there is about 8' between grow trays. Each one has a 3'x3' tray with 18-20 gal tote reservoirs. The lights and water pumps are on mechanical timers. There are AC wall units in each room and light tight closure between rooms. There are air pumps with air stones in each reservoir. The lights are dimmable 600w leds. There is a fan mounted at ceiling height blowing down on the lights and canopy top. I also run a fan in front of each tray to move air at plant level too.
I just installed the leds and haven't used them yet. All my previous grows were with a 400w mh in veg and a 600w hps in flower. I still have the two inline fans that used to pull or push air through the sealed hid lights, It remains to be determined if they will be needed with the leds in use. One inline fan has a carbon filter attached. Before I would start young plants in the veg room and then move them into the flower room when ready. The problem of timing seemed to always be a problem for me with this set up. If I took cuttings too soon and moved them into the veg room they were always too large by the time the plants in the flower room were finished and the room was ready for them and no amount of pruning seemed to get it right. Now I will start rooted cuttings in either room and put the scrog screen in place exactly when ready and spread them limbs out just right before flipping to the flower cycle. I am so looking forward to getting started again. I plan on round one being Vanilla Kush on one side and Maui Waui on the other. Round two being Panama Banji Haze and ____________.

Rooms 12-2021 (1).JPG

Rooms 12-2021 (3).JPG

Nice looking setup as the others have mentioned. If I can get my flowering tent moved and the rest of my grow room organized I plan on using PVC to build the frame for a work bench.

The problem of timing seemed to always be a problem for me with this set up. If I took cuttings too soon and moved them into the veg room they were always too large by the time the plants in the flower room were finished and the room was ready for them and no amount of pruning seemed to get it right.

I know the feeling about getting the timing right. A suggestion is to use a couple of other options along with the taking of cuttings for future plants. If at all possible try lowering the temperature in the vegetating room after the cuttings have a decent root system. If it gets low enough it slows down the plants. My experience was that trying to slow the plants down by lowering the temperature will often stop the new cuttings from developing roots so it becomes a balancing act.

Also, I would change the light schedule so the plants in the veg room would get 13 to 14 hours of continuous light. To keep the more mature plants from slowly trying to go into a flower stage I would have half of the lights come back on during the 'dark' period. That would be enough to stop the development of the hormones that cause the development of flowers. This is something along the lines of the Gas Lantern Routine, something developed over 100 years ago by florists growing in greenhouses for the fresh flower market.

A couple of weeks before the newer plants were to go into the flowering cabinet or tent I would bring the temperature back up and increase the number of hours the lights were on (and reset the timers so I was no longer using the Gas Lantern Routine).

Two grow rooms, 4'w x 4'l x 8'h and there is about 8' between grow trays. Each one has a 3'x3' tray with 18-20 gal tote reservoirs. The lights and water pumps are on mechanical timers. There are AC wall units in each room and light tight closure between rooms. There are air pumps with air stones in each reservoir. The lights are dimmable 600w leds. There is a fan mounted at ceiling height blowing down on the lights and canopy top. I also run a fan in front of each tray to move air at plant level too.
I just installed the leds and haven't used them yet. All my previous grows were with a 400w mh in veg and a 600w hps in flower. I still have the two inline fans that used to pull or push air through the sealed hid lights, It remains to be determined if they will be needed with the leds in use. One inline fan has a carbon filter attached. Before I would start young plants in the veg room and then move them into the flower room when ready. The problem of timing seemed to always be a problem for me with this set up. If I took cuttings too soon and moved them into the veg room they were always too large by the time the plants in the flower room were finished and the room was ready for them and no amount of pruning seemed to get it right. Now I will start rooted cuttings in either room and put the scrog screen in place exactly when ready and spread them limbs out just right before flipping to the flower cycle. I am so looking forward to getting started again. I plan on round one being Vanilla Kush on one side and Maui Waui on the other. Round two being Panama Banji Haze and ____________.

Rooms 12-2021 (1).JPG

Rooms 12-2021 (3).JPG
I have since changed the white pvc tray covers to four holes. I don't have pics yet.

ditto on Tokin, NTH & SmokingWings… complete setup sounds like you’ve got the gear part very well covered

can’t make energy - it can only be transferred…. whether cmh, mh, hps or led…. wattage is wattage and wattage produces heat
Heat is considered wasted wattage, especially in the mid spring thru mid fall. Some of us appreciate the wasted wattage becoming heat when winter arrives and we can put it to good use ;).

Back
Top Bottom