Mycorrhizal fungi

luckyduck69

Does anyone use beneficial microbes when transplanting and do you think it's worth the extra hassle and effort. Seen an earlier post on a forum saying a teaspoon of compost holds far more than the shop bought mycorrhizal inoculants, i've no idea if this is true though!

Does anyone use beneficial microbes when transplanting and do you think it's worth the extra hassle and effort. Seen an earlier post on a forum saying a teaspoon of compost holds far more than the shop bought mycorrhizal inoculants, i've no idea if this is true though!

Myco is fungi, not microbes. You are confusing the two. Myco inoculants are highly beneficial to your grow, especially later in flower when it is important to be able to gather up a lot of phosphorus. If you didn't grow a myco fungi network within your root structure when the plants were young and keep growing it every time you transplant by using more myco, you will likely have problems with phosphorus later on.

Microbes feed the plants in an organic grow. If you are feeding your plants with synthetic nutrients, basically force feeding them, microbes are optional. They really don't contribute much in a synthetic grow except to make the grower feel good that they are in there. In an organic grow, microbes are everything, and you must do all you can to have a healthy population of the best microbes.

This brings me to compost. Compost has a lot of microbes, but they are not all beneficial. I would rather inoculate a soil with only beneficial microbes, easy to do these days, rather than throw a random teaspoon of compost at the grow. Not that compost is bad, by any means... but as a source of microbes or to make teas, you can do better, much better actually.

So, the comment that one teaspoon of compost holding more microbes than any of the store bought myco products... absolutely. This is true by definition. Myco is different than microbes. But is this a reason not to buy myco? Apples and Oranges my friend. I recommend our sponsor, @DYNOMYCO as one of the best sources of this important step in building your rhizosphere.

I honestly never noticed a difference. It does help the soil, so Im sure it's beneficial. I've top dressed with them, and get some really nice webbing under the mulch. As far as up potting though, I never seen an improvement when adding to roots. I dont up pot much any more though. Once, and it does help to put some fresh soil/vermipost in my case. I make my own though. Well the worms do. The most drastic "benefit" as far as mocrobes, or things of that nature, is KNF. Or korean natural farming. Iv'e only dabbled in it a tiny bit, but you can collect mocrobes from the forest, and what not. All I know about that though, is plants love fermented aloe plants as a foliar and root drench. Lol....you can use nettle and clover....all have different benefits. Then theres the fruit for flowering....Sorry for the rant. Kinda baked.

An official 420 Magazine review:

Makes much more sense in organic farming and growing. Doesn't make much difference running synthetic mineral based nutrients from my experience.

I honestly never noticed a difference. It does help the soil, so Im sure it's beneficial. I've top dressed with them, and get some really nice webbing under the mulch. As far as up potting though, I never seen an improvement when adding to roots. I dont up pot much any more though. Once, and it does help to put some fresh soil/vermipost in my case. I make my own though. Well the worms do. The most drastic "benefit" as far as mocrobes, or things of that nature, is KNF. Or korean natural farming. Iv'e only dabbled in it a tiny bit, but you can collect mocrobes from the forest, and what not. All I know about that though, is plants love fermented aloe plants as a foliar and root drench. Lol....you can use nettle and clover....all have different benefits. Then theres the fruit for flowering....Sorry for the rant. Kinda baked.
That's fine, i'm baked while reading it lol. i've used them before and noticed no difference but from the info i've read and the replies here, if it's a short veg, SOG and synthetic nutes it's not much benefit if any & is why i never got any results with it.

Back
Top Bottom