Mystery Bagseed: Low Wattage CFL

Abe Lincoln

420 Member
Hello , this will be my first post here.
I am doing a grow , more for the fun of it , I'm not really expecting anything big yield wise really just doing this for the experience.Maybe someone will find this interesting.
So I have 1 seedling that is currently 9 days old.Its from mystery bagseed I have no idea what it is.I also have anotherone that just popped its taproot and I planted that.
I am doing 12/12 from seed.
My lights are 2x 23w 2400k cfls (0 budged cannot afford better lighting I know its not that great + gotta keep the bill low).
My grow space is a PC box that I put mylar in.
The soil I'm using...don't really have an idea what it is but its supposed to be "proffesional potting soil" that my dad got for his tomatoes.Couple of years back I did a bagseed grow again which was going extremeeeely well with again 2 cfls and that soil again , was a good female but I had to cut it down short before it was even close to finishing flowering.If anyone is interested in that I could link the old thread which was not on this forum.
so here is my current baby , the picture is taken on the 8th of april , later I will post a current picture of my (hopefully) girl.
Notice how the first leaf set has 2 fingers, interesting I wonder what that means , I googled far and beyond but couldn't find anyone who had a similar situation so I will just wait and see what happens with this little mutant.
image38061.jpg

Ok here are the the pics from today.
Day 9 since sprout.The slight curling is from what I think is me watering it as soon as it sprouted and watering the whole container. still hasn't dried up yet so I presume its overwatering.
IMG_20170411_201550.jpg
IMG_20170411_201607.jpg

Also on day 3 it stretched about 3cm so I buried it.Thats why its to the side of the pot and the metal wire was for keeping it from springing back up.

Day 11 , I watered with a really slight nute mixture , and a 1% solution of hydrogen peroxide (just to see what will happen).
IMG_20170413_201520.jpg
IMG_20170413_201530.jpg

day 15, looking pretty good in my opinion , on day 11 after I watered with 8/11/11 nutes 20% strenght ( I know I need N heavy nutes right now but this is what I have) and adding 2-3 grams of 1% Hydrogen peroxide she really started going , 10 hours after watering and all of the overwatering symptoms were gone and it had a lot of new growth.I watered it with plain water this time I'm thinking after 4 days doing another feeding.

Day 17,2 Days in a row she got 2 hours more than she should've , and the times at which she went into the dark period were off by 1-2 hours, I really hope that doesn't stress it too much , doesn't really look like it did any damage.I did some light LST.I don't know if anyone is even watching but oh well I'm gonna keep updating this maybe some day someone will be thinking of doing the same thing as me and use this to compare.

Okay I need some advice , this is the only plant I have and right now , the top node , the main one is full of balls. BUT the lower nodes have balls with small pistils.Right now I'm not growing anything so should I just cut off the top node which is full of balls only and leave only the lower nodes which have some hairs.Right now I don't have pics I can take more later currently its in the dark.

day 23. Okay so I am 95% sure my plant is a genetic hermie.Just as the preflowers were showing it was all male BUT after 2 days I noticed that the lower nodes have 2 hairs sticking out of what look like the male balls.Problem is the main node was all male organs with 0 hairs , so I cut the main stem.Plant seems to have recovered from the cut (the inner nodes have grown 20% in foilage and size since that).For now I am going to keep this plant in hopes of maybe some bud.I have 2 seeds germinated that should sprout any day now , but they are from the same bag so I am not sure if they are going to be hermies as well.I am pretty sure the hermaphrodism is genetic because I didn't really stress the plant , I have no light leaks , my temps are a steady 25c (25c at the top of the canopy , 24 at the bottom) I only overwatered her (it?) once and she recovered really quickly from that.If I see any obvious females (ONLY FEM) in the new sprouts i will kill this one off and keep them.
day 23. Okay so I am 95% sure my plant is a genetic hermie.Just as the preflowers were showing it was all male BUT after 2 days I noticed that the lower nodes have 2 hairs sticking out of what look like the male balls.Problem is the main node was all male organs with 0 hairs , so I cut the main stem.Plant seems to have recovered from the cut (the inner nodes have grown 20% in foilage and size since that).For now I am going to keep this plant in hopes of maybe some bud.I have 2 seeds germinated that should sprout any day now , but they are from the same bag so I am not sure if they are going to be hermies as well.I am pretty sure the hermaphrodism is genetic because I didn't really stress the plant , I have no light leaks , my temps are a steady 25c (25c at the top of the canopy , 24 at the bottom) I only overwatered her (it?) once and she recovered really quickly from that.If I see any obvious females (ONLY FEM) in the new sprouts i will kill this one off and keep them.

Hairs won't grow from male pollen sacs that Iam aware of, female pistol sacs can look like male parts sometimes but if u have hairs coming from them it's likely female. Female parts r tight against the nodes male pollen sacs generally have a short this stem they hang from :) yours look female

on the main cola and branches under it it had clusters of balls with 0 hairs and some were on small branches , pretty sure that part was male so I chopped it down.Thanks though :D

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom