NaturalWeed Completely Natural Outdoor Grow

naturalweed

Hello Everybody,

i started a new grow about a month ago. The temps are good, the baby stay all day outside and the night i bring her inside.
At my eyes she looks great, i just have a couple of questions atm for you experts:

- It seems to be still too little to me (could be because of this month mostly cloudy?)
- The first leaves are going to turn yellow but the rest of the plant looks nice and healthy? not a problem? something to check?

STRAIN: SLH by BSFseeds

Here a couple of picture of the lady this morning:

Attachments

• 20200520_080939.jpg
    20200520_080939.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200520_081000.jpg
    20200520_081000.jpg
    821.8 KB · Views: 74
  • 20200520_081006.jpg
    20200520_081006.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 20200520_080934.jpg
    20200520_080934.jpg
    858.4 KB · Views: 70
A normal mix is pretty ambiguous. Have you amended the soil or just opened a bag? The yellowing in the lower leaves looks like a deficiency possibly nitrogen. But dont quote me on that.

We need a little more info to be helpful. What's in your soil? Are you adding any kind of liquid or dry amendments? What are you hoping to harvest?

It is called weed for a reason, it will grow with very little help from the gardener, but if you're hoping for massive colas and the dankest of the dank, you will need to help it along.

Hey thanks for the reply.

Just opened a bag and filled the pot :)
Here's a pic with the description on the bag

More info maybe useless i found
PH 6.5
electric conducibility 0.4 ds/m
Dried density 200kg/m3
Porosity 90% v/v

I really have not big harvest expections, just would like to have some, but i would be glad to follow some hints to have more.

I would like to top the plant soon and i would love some help to understand the best time to do it

I m just using some water from the "recovery rains tank", nothing added until now

I had a couple of experiences of guerrilla grow 100% with different results, so i wanted to follow this girl in my garden and be sure she can live fine and healthy until the end.

Any tip is important

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200520_175401.jpg
    20200520_175401.jpg
    666.5 KB · Views: 76
I foresee a couple issues. It looks like a standard bag of top soil, as opposed to a potting mix. You may have issues with aeration, mixing in something like perlite or pumice or rice hulls would greatly improve drainage and the air available to the roots. The soil probably wont have enough available nutrition to take you all the way through harvest without issues.

Theres a couple things you could do to help nutrients along. The simplest thing to do would be just add a layer of rich soil to the top of the pot every 2 weeks or so. Alternatively you could top dress the soil with some dry nutrients like blood meal or bone meal, or you could buy an all in one like gaia green, focus on nitrogen in veg and potassium in flower. You could make an aerated compost tea, or worm tea, or you can buy some liquid fertilizers.

You'll also eventually need a bigger pot. Keep reading up on here and see what method you like the best. If you go with something like a living organic soil you will want to avoid liquid ferts with chelating agents. If you decide to go with liquid ferts you will want an inert soiled medium like pro-mix. Or you can split the difference and use organic dry amendments with something like coco and perlite (check out Mr.Canucks grow on youtube). Once you decide what works best for you, I would get a larger pot, I would mix a more aerated medium, I would transplant from that pot into the other. I would gently break up the root ball and get as much of that soil out as you can without hurting your babies. Once you've got a lighter fluffier soil, with some more food in it, you should start to see a little faster growth, and hopefully that yellowing will stop if not go away.

Hope it helps bro

I foresee a couple issues. It looks like a standard bag of top soil, as opposed to a potting mix. You may have issues with aeration, mixing in something like perlite or pumice or rice hulls would greatly improve drainage and the air available to the roots. The soil probably wont have enough available nutrition to take you all the way through harvest without issues.

Theres a couple things you could do to help nutrients along. The simplest thing to do would be just add a layer of rich soil to the top of the pot every 2 weeks or so. Alternatively you could top dress the soil with some dry nutrients like blood meal or bone meal, or you could buy an all in one like gaia green, focus on nitrogen in veg and potassium in flower. You could make an aerated compost tea, or worm tea, or you can buy some liquid fertilizers.

You'll also eventually need a bigger pot. Keep reading up on here and see what method you like the best. If you go with something like a living organic soil you will want to avoid liquid ferts with chelating agents. If you decide to go with liquid ferts you will want an inert soiled medium like pro-mix. Or you can split the difference and use organic dry amendments with something like coco and perlite (check out Mr.Canucks grow on youtube). Once you decide what works best for you, I would get a larger pot, I would mix a more aerated medium, I would transplant from that pot into the other. I would gently break up the root ball and get as much of that soil out as you can without hurting your babies. Once you've got a lighter fluffier soil, with some more food in it, you should start to see a little faster growth, and hopefully that yellowing will stop if not go away.

Hope it helps bro
Underrated post

Besides everything, I suggest you look @ the moon journal in my signature. Learning the timing of your plant means you can plan ahead and decide how to face your issues.

I'm not a liquid fert guy myself so I cant make a recommendation. But there are several lines that are pretty specific to cannabis. Roots, fox farm, general hydroponics, botanicare I think. At the bare minimum the line will have two parts a veg and flower. Just follow the directions on the bottle for feeding schedules but back off on the strength of the solution just a bit. You are more likely to hurt your girl by giving her too many nutes vs not enough. Find somebodies journal on here that's running a liquid fert outdoors, then ask them questions. Somebody did once tell me that organic fertilizers outdoors tend to attract animals that will come and dig into your soil, I dont know if that's true. I grow indoors.

Your plant is starving.
Is your medium coco based? It looks that way... if so there are 0 nutrients in it. You HAVE to feed coco daily at 5.8-6.0, 1/4 strength, add in Cal/mag.

Thank you all!

I didn't event think she could starved.
I don't know if it's possible on here, but could you link me some product i can use to feed coco daily?

I read something around here and the web and i found a liquid fertilizer with NPK 3-1-1, can i start with that ?

Can you explain better this " You HAVE to feed coco daily at 5.8-6.0, 1/4 strength " ? PH and what's about the strenght?

+ cal?

=D

Thank you all!

I didn't event think she could starved.
I don't know if it's possible on here, but could you link me some product i can use to feed coco daily?

I read something around here and the web and i found a liquid fertilizer with NPK 3-1-1, can i start with that ?

Can you explain better this " You HAVE to feed coco daily at 5.8-6.0, 1/4 strength " ? PH and what's about the strenght?

+ cal?

=D
Is your medium coco?

I checked but i didn't find anything about coco on the bag...seems normal peat mix. I post previously the pic. I cant find any other info.

Or are you talking about the pot? In that case is a 14l one. I guess you're talking about it uh?

Sorry but it's hard to understand completely what you're saying in English:)

Peat=coco (not soil)
It says peat + organic matter.
Can you take a picture of the front of the bag?

Show us the bag, the front of the bag not the description on the back. I think you have a peat based potting mix. What AdaminCo is talking about when he says water at 5.8 to 6.4 he is referring to pH. I will disagree with him about feeding everyday, maybe in a hempy set up but if you water your medium everyday you're going drown your plants. They need to dry out completely between feedings.

Show us the bag, the front of the bag not the description on the back. I think you have a peat based potting mix. What AdaminCo is talking about when he says water at 5.8 to 6.4 he is referring to pH. I will disagree with him about feeding everyday, maybe in a hempy set up but if you water your medium everyday you're going drown your plants. They need to dry out completely between feedings.
Not if it’s coco. That’s what I’m trying to find out.
You water coco daily, 1/4 strength, 5.8-6.0.

Not if it’s coco. That’s what I’m trying to find out.
You water coco daily, 1/4 strength, 5.8-6.0.

Seriously you water straight coco with no perlite everyday and you dont have issues with root rot or dampening off? I will admit I've never grown in pure coco, but from everything I understand and everything Ive read watering everyday is going to lead to problems. You feed every watering, but with a plant that size in that pot you shouldn't have to water everyday.

Seriously you water straight coco with no perlite everyday and you dont have issues with root rot or dampening off? I will admit I've never grown in pure coco, but from everything I understand and everything Ive read watering everyday is going to lead to problems. You feed every watering, but with a plant that size in that pot you shouldn't have to water everyday.
You can’t overwater coco.
What I stated is the law of coco.

Letting it dry out ruins it...
Water at least every day to 20% runoff...
Input pH 5.8-6.0 (Treat it as hydro)...
Supplement with Cal/Mag...
Use 1/4 strength nutes....

Complete 180 from soil...

Back
Top Bottom