NDW's New and Improved Hydro Grow

Do you have a fish tank heater in your bubbler and if so what temp do you keep the water?

Also, I down loaded this realy bad grow vid from the internet and they said when cloning new roots will seek out wormth. true?

Ok ok so I've been a bit of a slacker with the pix. But I promise I will get some up after I finally get some sleep. I've got some cool changes that I made to my grow room that I am most definitely looking forward to sharing.

We are all looking forward to seeing!

Ok first the changes to the room. I finally got around to building an actual structure for my girls. It's still pretty much as simple as it comes just a frame and some white fiberboard. But it is now completely light proof and holds in the heat alot better. I don't know if you can see it in the pics at all but I also removed the table I had the plants up on and bought some foam insulation to keep the ground for sapping out the heat. After building the stucture I sealed it all up with doubled tarp and duct tape. The girls are happier already.

DSCF66741.jpg

DSCF66771.jpg

Ok next big news is that both plants I put in to flower are girls. So I have 3 girls right now and 4 plants waiting to find out.

DSCF66891.jpg

Also I went ahead and switched my veg cabinet over to 12/12. They were just getting too big I needed them to slow down untill I build another bubbler so that I can have 2 plants in each.

DSCF66721.jpg

Here are a couple more shots of the girls

DSCF66811.jpg

DSCF66751.jpg

This girl is now 11 inches 10 of which are bud.

DSCF66801.jpg

DSCF66941.jpg

Hope that gives everyone a little fix. lol

:bongrip:

The strain that is the small one is Caterpillar. The way I got it to stay so small is I flowered it when it was only 2 inches tall and only had it's first leaf set. lol It has no branches because there is a hormone in the top of the plant that stops the production of branches. The taller the plant gets the further that hormaone is from the base of the plant. That is why we get the christmas tree shape. If the top never gets far enough from a branch producing node then it never branches out. Cool huh? I think I might start doing that with my plants I love how much bang for the buck you can get then I could do a grow room with floros and have 6 plants in my little grow cabinet, and I could buy a mh conversion bulb and have the grow area I just built with a couple big plants in there. Hmmmmm I like this idea. lol

Not really because right now i am having to veg and then flower in seperate areas. If i could use the little cabinet for veg and flower and also use my larger grow chamber for vegging and growing large plants I would definiely be increasing my total yield.

Just a little update I'll get pics up later. I killed off 2 plants that I had flowering in the little cabinet because they showed their maleness. Just as well, seeing as I didn't have room for that many plants. Sadly one of the ones to go was the biggest of the plants in there. The other was a little scawny fucker that I pobably would have killed off even if it had turned out female.

I also migrated the two that appear to be female into the main flowering chamber. And moved my 11" budding girl into the little flowering cabinet so I would have room. So she is now under 250watt of orange cast flouros all by her lonesome. I even bolted the 2 reflectors together so that they angle in and point directly at the plant instead of at the ground.

Anyways, I'll come back later and post pics. :passitleft:

just noticed something about reflectors if you glue tinfoil or mylar to a piece of cardboard 2'x4' and cut a half circle out of the bottom center of the wide side then fold it up you can make custom reflectors which in my opinion work better than store baught ones because you can shape them to mold around your plants and use every inch of availale space. I just use tinfoil because I have to keep it cheap and I don't want to go shopping

Watch out with tin foil that you always use the dull side towards your plants. or you'll end up burning your plants. The store bought reflectors I have are working just fine now that I have them angled in. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Ok pics ahoy. First some shots of my proud little girl.

DSCF67811.jpg

DSCF67851.jpg

DSCF67831.jpg

And a shot of the two new girls(?) in their new home with the other two girls.

DSCF67861.jpg

Back
Top Bottom