Need help with my leaves turning yellow

It's different with different grow mediums ,I just finished watering 3 ladies in 13 gallon pots 50% coco 50% soil. I took 3 gallons total. Water a little wait a minute to see if water comes out the bottom, when you first see water come out of the bottom...... STOP!
Two basic ways to tell if you need water, feel dirt with back of hand if its cool its fine if its dry and warm put finger in up to first knuckle if its dry water it...your soil/ coco should show a color change when it's dry. As for new dirt or coco I premix soil before potting...you should be able to gently squeeze it without water coming out.

It's different with different grow mediums ,I just finished watering 3 ladies in 13 gallon pots 50% coco 50% soil. I took 3 gallons total. Water a little wait a minute to see if water comes out the bottom, when you first see water come out of the bottom...... STOP!

When you water this way go SLOWWWWWW. The reason I water with a pot inside another pot is becasueyou can do the job pretty quick.
When water runs out the bottom of a pot while you water from the top only, there is a very good chance some of the grow medium is still dry. The water finds the easiest path that gravity and the medium offers and often "tunnels" down through w/o ever getting the surrounding medium wet. Also, most mediums act like a dry sponge. They do not absorb water well until they have had a chance to dampen and swell.

I agree, I don't just dump water in one spot I circle the base of the plant then stop and wait to see if bottom of pot starts dripping. Enjoy the time with the ladies I take my time and enjoy working on them....I might be nuts but you can almost hear them whisper a thanks at times.

Uh.....hmmm....let me try another angle take a gallon jug and slowly pour it for 5 seconds or so around the base of the plant, stop wait for 30 seconds see if water comes out the bottom of not repeat, it might be a gallon or half no telling how much it will take to come out of the bottom.

My pots take about 1/4 of the pot volume. So a 1 gal pot takes about 1 quart. My 7 gal pots take about 2 gal of water.

Back
Top Bottom