Need help with my leaves turning yellow

BENNY 420

Hi I'm new to the forum and doing my first medical grow but need help my plant was fine tell about a week ago and it started turning yellow it's in his third week of flowering can someone tell me what is wrong or what am I doing wrong I've been watering every other day with nutrients I'm using roots organic soil and roots organic Buddha bloom with some Jamaican guano and I'm not sure if I'm watering it enough my PH levels are between 6.5 and 7 when I water thank you for your help ahead of time

My guess is deficiency. Try some Botanicare cal-mag, what medium are you growing in? I agree with previous guy pot is WAY too small my plants are half that size and are in 5 gallon pots headed to 13 gallons next week. Liquid Karma from Botanicare has bailed me out a few times you might try that also in addition to cal-mag also are you checking ph after mixing nutes? Have you checked the TDS/ppm of of your water source, I discovered the hard way the Sparklers water we had delivered was 780 ppm which about wrecked a grow I had. Come to find out the water was R.O but they added minerals after R.O process for flavor, pure distilled water ever since. I have a pic of what rootbound in early stages looks like which is probably what your ladies are I would go with a ten gallon pot minimum for that plant, roots are an indicator of yield size
SMALL PoT
= SMALL HARVEST!!!
IMG_20151111_171541510.jpg
IMG_20151112_155749703.jpg

Yes the pH levels after I put the nutes in the pH is 6.5 to 7.0 and I was watering every 3 days but then the leaves started working so I went to watering every two days and those were the best pics I could get cell phones a little crappy sorry so do you guys think I'm over watering

The first emergency as someone else pointed out also is put these ladies in bigger pots or itvwont matter about watering, rootbound is a grow killer. Plant is in emergency mode,when you transplant you will fix overwatered problem. I water my ladies every 2nd morning until water starts to dribble out bottom, not a flood just a steady trickle, I flush once a week no nutes just ph water 25-40% runoff then. If you do not repot you will either kill the plant or have massive reduction in yield. If you are tending to over water go 50/50 pure coco with soil mix, I always like pure coco almost impossible to overwater

Howdy just gonna toss out my 2 cents for what it is worth.
If it was me, I would let her dry out, then flush her to get any and all excess salts and nutrients out. and start fresh. The other thing that caught my eye is your PH level of 6.5 to 70. To high in my opinion. I try to keep mine around 6.2. There are PH charts on the how to part of the sight that covers PH levels for soil verses hydro.
As for repotting, so long as you are using plastic pots you will always eventually become root bound. I would suggest you check out fabric pots aka smart pots or air pots. They allow the micro hair roots to grow through to the air and not get root bound.
If you look in the plant of the month contest you will see a pant grown in a whole lot smaller pot then this one here and he did pretty well considering the size of the pot he was growing in.

I agree to a point with oldergrower.....cost wise plastic works. My family has the biggest commercial grow in WA state and they end up in 4'x4' 50 gallon containers,want proof check this BC bud plant out, "The Big" 8' tall
Screenshot_2015-11-15-18-09-30.png

Oh I have no doubt that you can grow big plants in 50 gallon plastic pots, in fact I bet if you grew them in 100 gallon plastic pots you could even grow them bigger
But I am guessing that the majority of growers here on this site 1- do not have the facility to grow 8 foot plants 2- do not really want to fill there 4x4x6.5 grow tent full of 50 gallon pots
Granted I am old and have often mentioned that i have bad eyes but from the pictures he posted I sure as heck can not tell what size pot he is growing in.
Congratulations by the way on being lucky enough to be involved in the industry, I would give my hind teeth to be able to grow for a living.:thumb:

Thanks oldergrower. I am not conducting this grow with the ability to house 8' plants! 4x4x6 tent. I usually transplant plugs around day 3 after germination into quart pots and a week later into half gallon two weeks later into 3.5 gallon then when I can see roots appearing on the bottom of pot I go to 13 gallon pots or burlap sacks. I know there are other ways to do it but it seems the easiest

okay a little update upgraded the pot and watered with cal-mag and liquid karma after flushing thanks for the help as it gets better ill post more thank again guys

Looks like you are watering too often. The pot needs to be up sized also. I would let it get dry between waterings but not to the point of wilting. Next time it gets near drying transplant to a container twice as big. She is a bit large for that pot for sure. So watering every other day keeps it wet and the roots don't like that. This can lead to nitrogen problems like you are seeing.
How much water should I use

How much water should I use

As much as it will take.
You can't give a plant too much water (within reason). The question is, how often do you water?
If you go through wet/dry cycles, saturate the plant's grow medium. I submerge the pot in a larger pot filled with water and also add water from the top until it won't take another drop. I then remove the pot and let it drain completely.

After a transplant, a thorough watering helps the two soils merge into a single new home for the plant.

Back
Top Bottom